ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

planner82
Newly Registered

Referee

Post by planner82 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi
I will be applying for BC soon on the basis of my marriage with my wife who is British. I am thinking of appointing a professional referee as her mother's brother's wife. She's a doctor but not my doctor. Will she be classed as related to me? She doesn't share the same surname as my wife's family.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Referee

Post by Amber » Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 pm

planner82 wrote:Hi
I will be applying for BC soon on the basis of my marriage with my wife who is British. I am thinking of appointing a professional referee as her mother's brother's wife. She's a doctor but not my doctor. Will she be classed as related to me? She doesn't share the same surname as my wife's family.
Well technically she is related albeit quite distant. Is there no other non related professional you can use?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

planner82
Newly Registered

Referee

Post by planner82 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I do have others who are professionals but they don't really know me "personally" as such while others don't know me for three or more years

planner82
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by planner82 » Fri May 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Also can my wife's friend whom I came to know through my wife be my referee? Again, although she is a professional, she doesn't personally know me but rather an acquaintance.[/code]

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by Amber » Sat May 18, 2013 6:14 am

planner82 wrote:Also can my wife's friend whom I came to know through my wife be my referee? Again, although she is a professional, she doesn't personally know me but rather an acquaintance.[/code]
That's fine, personally is a very broad term, an acquaintance is personal.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

planner82
Newly Registered

Post by planner82 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Thank u. That gives me some relief