ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkish marriage certificate (Formul B) translation needed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Melhan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Turkish marriage certificate (Formul B) translation needed?

Post by Melhan » Sat May 18, 2013 12:03 am

I am a British National and I recently married my Turkish fiancé in Turkey. We are about to apply for a spouse visa so that he can come to the UK and we can be together. When we got married we were given a small red book called a “Livret de Famille International” which contains our names, surnames, photos, dates of birth, places of birth, parents’ names, place of marriage and date of marriage. After our marriage was registered (approximately one week later) we obtained our Formul B which contains all the same information as in the Livret de Famille International. Both the Livret de Famille International and the Formul B are written in Turkish but each section also has a translation in a number of different languages including English. We understand that these documents are international and don’t need to be translated into English for our spouse visa. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks very much for your help

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi Melhan,

I married my Turkish husband in Turkey in January and we received our spouse visa in April :D I can confirm you don't need to have your international marriage book translated, as you say it already contains a number of translations including English. Also, we didn't supply the Formul B document, you marriage book is sufficient.

Good luck with your application and congratulations on your marriage :)

Melhan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Melhan » Sun May 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi saw87,

Thank you for your nice message and thank you for the information about the marriage book. Congratulations to you and your husband on getting your spouse visa :D We are about to send off our application and we were wondering whether or not all our documentation and photos will be returned to us after the UKBA make their decision. We assume so but would be grateful if you could confirm this too.

Thanks!

saw87
Newly Registered

Post by saw87 » Sun May 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks Melhan! It was such a huge relief to get a yes, although they did keep us waiting (and worrying!) for almost 12 weeks!

As long as you provide photocopies of your documents they should return the originals to you. We supplied photocopies of everything we needed back (pay slips, bank statements etc) but didn't for things like photographs, emails, phone records.

Just let me know if you have any other questions and I'll try to help if I can :)

Melhan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Melhan » Sun May 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks saw87 for your reply. We'll be sure to include photocopies of all the original documents we want back in that case.

I wondered if you would mind casting an eye over the list of documents that we are planning on including. Since your application was successful it would be very helpful and comforting for us. I've just started a new thread for this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=135836

Thanks very much for your help :)