ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP : Parent Accomodation and name on passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_aspirant_del

URGENT HELP : Parent Accomodation and name on passport

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 am

I'm on tier1 and wish to apply for my parents general visitor visa for 6 month next week to visit me in UK summer.

1. Though the addresses are same but my mother and father name on my passport is different from the names on their passport.

Mother: My Passport -> Indira Sharma, Mother Passport -> Indra Devi

Father: My Passport -> Krishna Sharma, Father Passport -> Kishan Sharma

Will this be a problem and should I first get it corrected? It got wrong because my parents filled their wrong name in my school documents and my passport took the same name.

2. I live 1 bedroom flat in UK (2 room). As per over crowding clause only 3 persons can stay in 2 room but I couldn't find the clause for married couple. Can my parents (as married couple) stay in second room and will their visa be approved?

Please help me as we are applying next week from Delhi and I need to make corrections first if unncessary.

Disclaimer: Already searched the forum a lot but couldn't find any conclusive answers.

ram80
United Kingdom

Post by ram80 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:44 pm

No one here can conclusively say whether it will be a problem since it is up to the visa officer to decide whether to ignore the discrepancy or not.

It is better to correct the names before applying.

About bedrooms, I don't think they will dig too deep into it as you can accommodate your parents wherever you want, either in a hotel or in another house or anything else, they may simply want to ensure you have a rented place to make them stay when they first arrive.
This post does not contain legal advice.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sun May 19, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks Ram for the reply. Appreciate it.

But isn't the accommodation details need to be shown at the time of visa application? I see it in the supporting documents.

I asked if anybody has got into such situation where they have 1 bedroom flat (2 room) and successfully got the visitor visa for their parents based on it?

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Sun May 19, 2013 9:50 am

Hi,

For ur query 1, I think u will scrape through. Just add good supporting documents. An example would be bank statements in both their names.

Reg over crowding its a rule that max of two adlts in one bedroom. Two adults means two individuals. Not to scare you but one my friends parents visa was turned down on this grounds. However when he had applied, he got them through family visitor visa (before the rules changed).. For genreal visitor visa the onus is on the applicant to prove accommodation. I think if u gamble on this it will be ur sheer luck on getting visa for them.

Good luck:-)
I try to give honest answers, however I might be wrong, kindly always check with your solicitor/accountant for final confirmation

OtherStuff
Newly Registered

Re: URGENT HELP : Parent Accomodation and name on passport

Post by OtherStuff » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi tier1_aspirant_del

I am in the same situation, my father's given name is slightly different to my father's name is my passport (an extra letter 'a' at the end of the given name - owing to the South Indian accent)

Did you get your parent's passport corrected or getting a letter from notary is sufficient?

Thanks