ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport renewal

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goldenstarnice
India

Indian passport renewal

Post by goldenstarnice » Sat May 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Recently I've renewed my Indian passport, on the last page of passport HCI, London stamped 'cancelled and returned which hold valid visas'. Is that right. Will it create any confusion in future.

Thanks

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat May 18, 2013 12:43 pm

that's normal. Carry both passports for travel if you wish to use the visas from the old passport.

manish123
Newly Registered

Post by manish123 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:49 am

Hello Friends,

I will be traveling to Glasgow in Jan 2014 end, and my Passport is Valid till Sep 2014. My work permit is till Jan 2015 end.

Can i renew my Indian Passport in Glasgow?

Also below are few other queries:

1. Whom should i contact in Glasgow for Indian Passport renewal.
2. Documents required for renewing Indian Passport in Glasgow, i want same indian address as currently on my indian passport.
3. How much time it will take to get the renewed Passport in Glasgow.
4. Renewed Passport will be valid for how much period.
5. What are the fees applicable.

Awaiting your expert advise.

Thanks,
MH

JaspalK
Newly Registered

Re: Indian passport renewal

Post by JaspalK » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 am

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone had any experience/information about the processing time for the re-issue (renewal) of a short validity Indian passport.

My husband applied for one on 20/12/13. We took all the necessary paperwork (his current passport, filled out passport application, a copy of my passport and a copy of our marriage certificate which was attested by a solicitor.

At the desk the officer demanded to see an original copy of our marriage certificate, I explained that we didnt have the original as it was with the home office (I am applying for my husband’s spouse visa) and that this copy had been attested by our solicitor.

They took the application and my husband paid the fee’s (£52) and the receipt had no date written on it.

On the 30/12/13 we had to go back to the HCI as I was applying for my OCI card so my husband thought he would ask about his passport. The man at the counter has told him to come back in 4 weeks with our original marriage certificate and then he will get his passport.

My question is has anyone else been through this? And did you get your passport after 4 weeks?

Any advice and guidance will be most appreciated.