ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

join spouse visa application form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samia12
Newly Registered

join spouse visa application form

Post by samia12 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:37 am

I applied for my visa in the first week of may n still waiting on its examination. Anyway i'm a bit confused about the application form, i selected multiple entry instead of single entry. I just read last night on their site that for join spouse visa you have to choose single entry n multiple is for visits only. Would this affect the granting of my visa?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 18, 2013 10:18 am

I think you should contact the embassy/ visa office to explain this. Do you have a reference number to your visa application?

Its hard to tell if its going to cause you problems since you applied on basis of a spousal visa, but you should try to contact them if possible
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Re: join spouse visa application form

Post by dublin3 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 pm

samia12 wrote:I applied for my visa in the first week of may n still waiting on its examination. Anyway i'm a bit confused about the application form, i selected multiple entry instead of single entry. I just read last night on their site that for join spouse visa you have to choose single entry n multiple is for visits only. Would this affect the granting of my visa?
Hi Saima,

My friend's wife from Pakistan received a Join Spouse D visa few months ago. It doesn't matter what you write on the form you will get single entry visa and when you will get to the border control they will give you one month stamp in your passport with a card to register with GNIB.
I have also successfully applied for a Schengen visa on several occasions and always I ticked Multiple entry and only once it happened that I got multiple otherwise visa approved single entry for days I asked.
I don't think so that is issue for you.
Spousal visa application from Pakistan are taking about 3 to 5 months.
Source: I am Pakistani national and many of my friend from Pakistan holding Irish Passport and they have applied for their Wives or families to join.
I wish you best of Luck!!

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Sat May 18, 2013 1:55 pm

yeah becuase obviously they know better about the visas type. So no matter what i selected there i would only get single entry one, since its spouse visa. I hope mine doesnt take five months its been already 2 months n half. thanks anyway