ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR funds maintenance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newbie_2013

ILR funds maintenance

Post by newbie_2013 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi

Just to confirm with the exeprts here. I realise that for an ILR application there is not set rule that the applicant has to maintian £900 for 3 months unlike Tier1 applications.

But just incase if I had to show the maintenance funds, does it has to be from an UK bank account? or will it be ok if the money can be in any of my current accounts in another country(european country to be precise)?

kindest regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: ILR funds maintenance

Post by Lucapooka » Thu May 16, 2013 9:57 pm

newbie_2013 wrote:But just in case
In case of what? You know it's not necessary so your question seems puerile on that basis.

stokbrig

Re: ILR funds maintenance

Post by stokbrig » Fri May 17, 2013 3:56 am

Lucapooka wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:But just in case
In case of what? You know it's not necessary so your question seems puerile on that basis.
BUT from SET(O) Section 11 Documents/ your finances page47..it says;

Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings
book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself
and any dependants without recourse to public funds.

Please advise

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 am

You have asked a completely different question. This thread is with regard to maintaining a fixed sum for a fixed period.

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Fri May 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You have asked a completely different question. This thread is with regard to maintaining a fixed sum for a fixed period.
Yes I see your point. But in extreme scenarios when people have to decide upon applying for tier 1 extension when something goes wrong with the ILR application. My understanding is that it doesn have to be an UK bank account as long as you have enough funds in another account under your name.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri May 17, 2013 9:41 pm

newbie_2013 wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:You have asked a completely different question. This thread is with regard to maintaining a fixed sum for a fixed period.
Yes I see your point. But in extreme scenarios when people have to decide upon applying for tier 1 extension when something goes wrong with the ILR application. My understanding is that it doesn have to be an UK bank account as long as you have enough funds in another account under your name.
The another Bank Account in Uk or else where? You should word your question exactly to the point. Other wise it's difficult for some one to comment.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat May 18, 2013 11:33 am

Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
The another Bank Account in Uk or else where? You should word your question exactly to the point. Other wise it's difficult for some one to comment.
sorry. Does the funds to be shown have to be in an UK bank account? Or can one show the funds in his swedish bank account?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 pm

newbie_2013 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
sorry. Does the funds to be shown have to be in an UK bank account? Or can one show the funds in his swedish bank account?
O.K. As far as I know, Funds should be available in UK Bank Account.
KEVIN

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sat May 18, 2013 5:47 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
Thanks Kevin.

I am applying for ILR in 3 months time. But still I guess to be on the safe side, i will have to maintain funds in UK bank account.

cheers

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat May 18, 2013 7:44 pm

newbie_2013 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Thanks Kevin.

I am applying for ILR in 3 months time. But still I guess to be on the safe side, i will have to maintain funds in UK bank account.

cheers
Maintenance of Funds is not important. As long as you could proove that you can maintain your self with out recourse to Public Funds. In some cases CW have been asking for balance letters from Bank for the last 3 months.
KEVIN

newbie_2013

Post by newbie_2013 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
newbie_2013 wrote:
Thanks Kevin.

cheers
Maintenance of Funds is not important. As long as you could proove that you can maintain your self with out recourse to Public Funds. In some cases CW have been asking for balance letters from Bank for the last 3 months.
Thanks for that Kevin.