ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CLAIMING BENEFITS WHILE ON ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry7476

CLAIMING BENEFITS WHILE ON ILR

Post by harry7476 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I have tried to go through the forums to get some self help but everyone's circumstances seem to be different. My question is:

I and wife are on ILR and we are expecting our first child. Can my wife claim all of the following (depending on obviously income and other circumstances) without affecting her future BC application:
- Maternity benefits (her employer won't pay as she was a contractor)
- Income support (she has lost her job)
- Tax credits (for myself)

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: CLAIMING BENEFITS WHILE ON ILR

Post by Amber » Sun May 05, 2013 8:00 pm

harry7476 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have tried to go through the forums to get some self help but everyone's circumstances seem to be different. My question is:

I and wife are on ILR and we are expecting our first child. Can my wife claim all of the following (depending on obviously income and other circumstances) without affecting her future BC application:
- Maternity benefits (her employer won't pay as she was a contractor)
- Income support (she has lost her job)
- Tax credits (for myself)

Thanks
Yes. (I assume that you are not been sponsored by someone for your ILR/ILE(
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

silverline

Post by silverline » Sat May 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Maternity allowance/statutory maternity pay can be claimed by anyone paying NI. Immigration controls are does not restrict "contribution-based" benefits. Term "Public funds" does not include "contribution-based" benefits such as Maternity allowance/SMP, contribution-based JSA etc.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

silverline wrote:Maternity allowance/statutory maternity pay can be claimed by anyone paying NI. Immigration controls are does not restrict "contribution-based" benefits. Term "Public funds" does not include "contribution-based" benefits such as Maternity allowance/SMP, contribution-based JSA etc.
The OP and his spouse have no immigration restrictions as they are settled so this is not applicable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Having ILR represents settled status and you can claim all these benefits.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 pm

To exactly know the type and amount of benefit you need to visit your local benefit authority office.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS