ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult Dependent (Mother) Refusal - Appeal

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Majjid
Newly Registered

Adult Dependent (Mother) Refusal - Appeal

Post by Majjid » Thu May 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm British Citizen, 31, single and my mother(widow) is Pakistani. Her settlement case has been rejected. She is 60 years old, received heart bypass surgery last year in Pakistan. My sister(British) and brother(British) live with her in Pakistan.

She applied on long term care basis. My sister and brother are looking after her, they intend to return to UK for good very soon. She will be alone and we don't have any relative who can look after her.

Rejection Reason:
Entry Clearance Office fully understands and confirms that my sister provides personal care to my mother and will be returning to UK, I provide the cost of her care. My auntie pays visits sometimes but cannot provide care. However he noted that so far my mother received required medical treatment in Pakistan albeit paid by me. However he is not satisfied that my mother is unable to obtain required level of care in Pakistan therefore rejected under E-ECDR 2.5.

The fact of the matter is, I don't want to leave her alone without the presence of my siblings or family members. My morals won't allow me. My sister is fully dedicated for my mother's personal care, she is 25 and wants to focus on her career. I checked further whether there are any personal care provider available in Pakistan and TBH I couldn't find anyone reasonable. I did come across old age homes but they are for abandoned parents. My mother needs emotional, personal and medical care.

I'm looking forward to lodge appeal but I need to make solid grounds so that Entry Clearance Officer understands and satisfied w.r.to immigration rules. Challenge for me is to satisfy officer that there are no reasonable care services available or if they are then I cannot afford them.

If there could be other grounds then please let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Adult Dependent (Mother) Refusal - Appeal

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 17, 2013 9:39 am

Majjid wrote:Challenge for me is to satisfy officer that there are no reasonable care services available or if they are then I cannot afford them.
Yes, because the cost of hiring a person to do this in PK is peanuts and their numbers are plentiful! You have already demonstrated your ability to pay for her care in the past. Given that the UK takes a firm line on chain migration, perhaps her family should have considered not leaving her alone? To date, there have been no successful appeals of the new rules reported on this forum that I am aware of, so help and comment may not be forthcoming. I suggest you seek professional help in what amounts to a very difficult appeal.

Majjid
Newly Registered

Post by Majjid » Sun May 19, 2013 4:38 pm

English law doesn't accept overseas 2nd wife...

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 am

Majjid wrote:English law doesn't accept overseas 2nd wife...
Why is this issue here? R u thinking for 2nd wife to take care of parents. Don't play with a girl.

Majjid
Newly Registered

Post by Majjid » Mon May 20, 2013 11:00 am

Somudro wrote:
Majjid wrote:English law doesn't accept overseas 2nd wife...
Why is this issue here? R u thinking for 2nd wife to take care of parents. Don't play with a girl.
Somudro, nope, I'm not thinking of doing it...

Majjid
Newly Registered

Post by Majjid » Mon May 20, 2013 11:02 am

Lucapooka wrote:
Majjid wrote:Challenge for me is to satisfy officer that there are no reasonable care services available or if they are then I cannot afford them.
Yes, because the cost of hiring a person to do this in PK is peanuts and their numbers are plentiful! You have already demonstrated your ability to pay for her care in the past. Given that the UK takes a firm line on chain migration, perhaps her family should have considered not leaving her alone? To date, there have been no successful appeals of the new rules reported on this forum that I am aware of, so help and comment may not be forthcoming. I suggest you seek professional help in what amounts to a very difficult appeal.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am

What's this to do with your original question? I thought the problem is with your mother not being granted ILR.

Majjid
Newly Registered

Post by Majjid » Mon May 20, 2013 11:30 pm

TheGreenTea wrote:What's this to do with your original question? I thought the problem is with your mother not being granted ILR.
TheGreenTea, nothing...if you know any grounds that can be made then pls mention.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon May 20, 2013 11:44 pm

Majjid wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:
It is a good job the average GDP per person per annum in Pakistan is about $1300. You could pool resources with your siblings and employ a full time female nurse/carer/housekeeper with you and your siblings paying visits to your mother and your aunt continuing to visit her.