ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:22 pm

@cookies

Your welcome :) n on what basis did you apply? Just timescale looking good despite ur case been straight or not .... Others waited over 5months to get biometric but urs 13days :o cool I think your application will be dealth with quicker just be possitive

Cases we class as not straight forward is pretty much straight to some caseworkers :)

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon May 20, 2013 1:58 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:@cookies

Your welcome :) n on what basis did you apply? Just timescale looking good despite ur case been straight or not .... Others waited over 5months to get biometric but urs 13days :o cool I think your application will be dealth with quicker just be possitive

Cases we class as not straight forward is pretty much straight to some caseworkers :)
Well, quick summary of my case is that I've overstayed back in 2010 due to being pregnant - I've been in a relationship with my partner since 2009. And we are applying just now after 3 years. Both my daughter and partner are Scottish/British. I filed under 8L "other reasons" on the FLR(O) form.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:16 pm

That's s very possitive poSsition to be in :) you had genuine reason as to why you overstayed cuz u was pregnant and you've got a kid n partner for that long so that's for sme case workers will be dealth with easily :)

You will soon receive the good news :) just hurry and do ur biometric hehe :p

Best of luck

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon May 20, 2013 2:24 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:That's s very possitive poSsition to be in :) you had genuine reason as to why you overstayed cuz u was pregnant and you've got a kid n partner for that long so that's for sme case workers will be dealth with easily :)

Best of luck
haha thanks ONLYME! I still have to wait for my lawyer to send me it, he's sending it today via first class post so I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday, I'm planning on getting it done Thursday! Fingers crossed and thanks for all your positiveness!

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 pm

cookies wrote:
ONLYME1 wrote:That's s very possitive poSsition to be in :) you had genuine reason as to why you overstayed cuz u was pregnant and you've got a kid n partner for that long so that's for sme case workers will be dealth with easily :)

Best of luck
haha thanks ONLYME! I still have to wait for my lawyer to send me it, he's sending it today via first class post so I should get it tomorrow or Wednesday, I'm planning on getting it done Thursday! Fingers crossed and thanks for all your positiveness!

@ cookies

congrats!!!

Hopefully we get this done and over with maximum in 4 weeks time and wish ALL on this trend same GOOD LUCK. :D :lol: :D

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:

Best of luck

@ cookies

congrats!!!

Hopefully we get this done and over with maximum in 4 weeks time and wish ALL on this trend same GOOD LUCK. :D :lol: :D
Thanks Oishola!! Would be nice to be able to finally relax!

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:38 am

cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:

Best of luck

@ cookies

congrats!!!

Cookies - we can only hope for the best , Please get your biometrics done asap, my understanding is actual processing / wait starts from when biometric is submitted.
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:41 am

I've just called the ukba to check up on my application. The woman said basically what she was told to say which was "that they have reprioritized and that they aim to have for(o) apps (and I assume similar types) completed by the end of summer." So we'll see how that pans out.

App received - 10 sept 2012
Bio done 17 Feb 2013
And still waiting for decision

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 am

smatts07 wrote:I've just called the ukba to check up on my application. The woman said basically what she was told to say which was "that they have reprioritized and that they aim to have for(o) apps (and I assume similar types) completed by the end of summer." So we'll see how that pans out.

App received - 10 sept 2012
Bio done 17 Feb 2013
And still waiting for decision
It is very encouraging, but it is difficult to rely on the UKBA/Home Office. We have no choice but to wait.

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 am

my mp contacted ukba about a month ago and all now i havent heard back from my mp or ukba... Sighhh honestly dont know how much more can i take... Its sooo stressingggggggggggg.... :(

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:32 am

sanny26 wrote:my mp contacted ukba about a month ago and all now i havent heard back from my mp or ukba... Sighhh honestly dont know how much more can i take... Its sooo stressingggggggggggg.... :(
It's well sanny

My mp contacted them and wrote to them over two months ago and has not heard anything yet.
The waiting is indeed very stressing.

pepper04

Post by pepper04 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:49 am

sanny26 wrote:my mp contacted ukba about a month ago and all now i havent heard back from my mp or ukba... Sighhh honestly dont know how much more can i take... Its sooo stressingggggggggggg.... :(
Hi Sanny

Its all going to work out hun, just be positive. they after teh 20 days ask your mo to contact the ombudsman. its all going to work out :) chin up girly.x

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi hun i contacted ombudsman sometime lastweek they sent me a form i filled it out and send couple complaints letters that i received from ukba whenever i made a complaint and i send them to my mp by recored delivery for him to sign and forward it to the ombudsman. Im just hoping someting will happen, i also looking to contact Rob whiteman again and write to ukba in sheffield aswel....

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:37 pm

So unbelievable i rang ukba just now the lady i spoke to take my details she ask me when i made the application i told her 5th october 2012,she ask what sort of application isit i told her FLR O extension she ask if i have completed my biometric as yet i told her yes the 1st march 2013,then her response was they only check progress of application 12 weeks after biometric is taken.....shake my head ukba is nothing but jokes...... :( :evil: :( ...wont be calling back that office again its just waste of time and money

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:08 pm

sanny26 wrote:So unbelievable i rang ukba just now the lady i spoke to take my details she ask me when i made the application i told her 5th october 2012,she ask what sort of application isit i told her FLR O extension she ask if i have completed my biometric as yet i told her yes the 1st march 2013,then her response was they only check progress of application 12 weeks after biometric is taken.....shake my head ukba is nothing but jokes...... :( :evil: :( ...wont be calling back that office again its just waste of time and money
Oh my God!!!! This is serious and a big joke. I can't believe the crab you were just told.
It's clear that the agency is worst than previously thought.
It's only God that will deliver us from this rubbish!!!

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Tue May 21, 2013 1:31 pm

oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:
oishola77778 wrote:
cookies wrote:

@ cookies

congrats!!!

Cookies - we can only hope for the best , Please get your biometrics done asap, my understanding is actual processing / wait starts from when biometric is submitted.
That's right, I'm going to get it done on Thursday as I will need to travel to get to a post office. And I need to wait for the letter to come through the post, *waiting next to the post box* lol

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:So unbelievable i rang ukba just now the lady i spoke to take my details she ask me when i made the application i told her 5th october 2012,she ask what sort of application isit i told her FLR O extension she ask if i have completed my biometric as yet i told her yes the 1st march 2013,then her response was they only check progress of application 12 weeks after biometric is taken.....shake my head ukba is nothing but jokes...... :( :evil: :( ...wont be calling back that office again its just waste of time and money
Oh my God!!!! This is serious and a big joke. I can't believe the crab you were just told.
m telling yah,they chat a load of crap. Ive got a friend who recently done a extension and she send off application late march and done biometric in april and she recently got back her documents... Im so annoyed with homeoffice....

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 pm

sanny26 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
m telling yah,they chat a load of crap. Ive got a friend who recently done a extension and she send off application late march and done biometric in april and she recently got back her documents... Im so annoyed with homeoffice....
Your case is quite straight forward as its an extension and not a fresh application. I can't see any reason why it should take them this long. But you know what, don't despair, you will be hearing from them soon.,just be positive so you don't lose your mind.

11akb

Post by 11akb » Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm

its going to be one year since i send fresh application but still waiting for answer :x God knows what they up to

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 pm

11akb wrote:its going to be one year since i send fresh application but still waiting for answer :x God knows what they up to
@11akb
I'm speechless over your issue but really feel for you!

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Your case is quite straight forward as its an extension and not a fresh application. I can't see any reason why it should take them this long. But you know what, don't despair, you will be hearing from them soon.,just be positive so you don't lose your mind.

Hun thats what i was thinking its a straightforward application wasnt expecting this long wait,fair enough there was back log every year they raise the fee but the service is crap. I reach the point where i start to blame myself thinking i should of use a solicitor,probably if i didnt i would have heard from them time ago :(

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:03 pm

11akb wrote:its going to be one year since i send fresh application but still waiting for answer :x God knows what they up to

Just to show u how unfair ukba is, i know someone who made a fresh application in march and she already got back her documents it took 6 weeks....

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:43 pm

sanny26 wrote:

Just to show u how unfair ukba is, i know someone who made a fresh application in march and she already got back her documents it took 6 weeks....
It's very clear that they are dealing with applications sent in this year and have archived all old once. Just to prove dat they are meeting target times.
It's a disgrace :cry:

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Tue May 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Bio letter in hand as I type! Will get it done on Thursday, have to travel to the nearest post office which is 24 miles away. :arrow:

Hey guys, have you noticed that this thread is possibly the nicest one on this website? I noticed in all other threads ppl are quite hostile and mean, this one is like a family! I feel honored to be part of this FLR(O) thread, definitely the most supportive! =X

Sarah06

Post by Sarah06 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:47 pm

@ Sanny, I rang them today and got the same message to wait, untill l hear fr them. Crap agency