ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

remond
Newly Registered

Re: Reconsideration

Post by remond » Fri May 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
remond wrote:She does not earn 18600 that's the reason. She earn only 550 PCM and provided third party support from back home. Thanks
Try a reconsideration letter, which is a letter to the United Kingdom Border Agency stating the reasons why you feel your application was wrongly refused, you need to refute all the points made in the refusal letter and state the reasons why.

With the letter of reconsideration you can also attach further evidence to back up your point and refer to it in the letter.

The letter should be sent to the same post which refused your application and to the person and department names of which should be stated at the end of the refusal letter, there is no fee for this and if a decision in your favour is forthcoming then your visa will be granted. You should send this letter as soon as possible.

You can clearly mention that she first entered the UK in 2006 which is Pre July 2012 hence you believe that she should be considered under old rules. However, it is worth mentioning that you are aware of the changes made to the rules on/after 6th April and that she cannot apply for SET(M) before 2 yrs from now.

The main motto of this letter should be to let the caseworker know that it was wrongly considered under old rules and that you'd win this appeal without any hesitations and that you're trying to resolve this out of court.
(Bear in mind, do not put these words in the letter but some how you will have to indicate without mentioning as if you've whispered)

Rather than going to a solicitor to appeal, try to speak to them (Supervisor) not the CSA and explain to them the situation that they've sadly mistaken the dates. I remember lately someone had the similar kind of refusal and they managed to revert back the decision. (Saving you £££'s). Reading the reconsideration process might help you.

UKBA's Reconsideration policy @ Page 6 wrote:Definition of a reconsideration
A reconsideration is a review by the UK Border Agency of a decision made in the UK on an application for:
 further limited or indefinite leave to remain
 transfer of conditions (TOC), or
 no time limit (NTL).
Such a request will usually be about a refusal decision but may also be about aspects of an approval (for example, the period of leave granted).
When is a reconsideration request acceptable?
The UK Border Agency is not legally obliged to reconsider an immigration decision. When an applicant has a right of appeal, the correct method for them to challenge the decision is to lodge an appeal. Applicants refused without a right of appeal can either:
 challenge the decision through the judicial review process
 make a fresh application for limited or indefinite leave to remain, if they believe they
can show that they meet the requirements of the route under which they are applying,
or
 in the case of refused TOC or NTL applications, submit a fresh application that
addresses the reasons why the original application was refused. The UK Border Agency will however reconsider applications, if:
 The application was granted and the applicant believes that the type of leave granted or the expiry date of the leave is incorrect.
 The reconsideration is a legacy request submitted before 13 November 2012 and there are still reasons to reconsider the decision.
 The reconsideration request is about a case affected by the Alvi judgement and the
applicant is still in-time to bring an appeal or judicial review. For information on how to deal with reconsideration requests based on the Alvi judgment, see related link.
For information on what is not an acceptable reconsideration request, the requirements a request must meet and legacy reconsideration requests, see links on left.

Thanks Dam, the deadline to lodge appeal is 31 may do you think they will reply before that time? Also I think CW did a mistake about the date as he mentioned my wife was given recent PBS dependant leave until 31 October. We actually applied for extension 31 jan 12 and got approved 30 August 2012. So I was assuming he counted that time as it is after 9 July 2012.

fazhaque

Naturalization..

Post by fazhaque » Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Please could you give me some advice when I can apply for naturalization based on my below ILR timeline....
Applied on 11th Sep 2012
ILR received - 17th May 2013

Many thanks for your advice!!
Last edited by fazhaque on Fri May 17, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Android55
Newly Registered

Result @ last

Post by Android55 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Hiya all,

I have been a silent follower of the forum....quietly going mad but now I have a genuine reason to go celebrating this weekend.

Please see my timeline below;

Application sent: 03/09/2012
Acknowledgement:05/09/2012
Biometric letter received: 31/10/2012
Biometric done (at PO): 31/10/2012
Biometric (ILR) Card Received: Waiting
Documents Dated: 13/05/2013
Documents Recieved: 15/05/2013

suzuka23

Re: Result @ last

Post by suzuka23 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:51 pm

Android55 wrote:Hiya all,

I have been a silent follower of the forum....quietly going mad but now I have a genuine reason to go celebrating this weekend.

Please see my timeline below;

Application sent: 03/09/2012
Acknowledgement:05/09/2012
Biometric letter received: 31/10/2012
Biometric done (at PO): 31/10/2012
Biometric (ILR) Card Received: Waiting
Documents Dated: 13/05/2013
Documents Recieved: 15/05/2013

You should definitely celebrate this weekend. Congrats!!
Still waiting and it will be long (January applicant)

:(

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Reconsideration

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 pm

remond wrote:Thanks Dam, the deadline to lodge appeal is 31 may do you think they will reply before that time? Also I think CW did a mistake about the date as he mentioned my wife was given recent PBS dependant leave until 31 October. We actually applied for extension 31 jan 12 and got approved 30 August 2012. So I was assuming he counted that time as it is after 9 July 2012.
You can mention this on your reconsideration letter and also mention that the last date for your appeal is 31 May 2013 and that if you do not hear anything before 29th of May, you will have no other choice but to challenge their original decision. However, leave an impression that you'll be more than happy to sort this out of court. Alternatively, you can send this letter and appeal simultaneously. If they decide to override their original decision, they will ask you to withdraw your appeal.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

jony_dhaka

Re: Naturalization..

Post by jony_dhaka » Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 pm

fazhaque wrote:Please could you give me some advice when I can apply for naturalization based on my below ILR timeline....
Applied on 11th Sep 2012
ILR received - 17th May 2013

Many thanks for your advice!!
not before 17 may 2014

sk77
Newly Registered

ILR 10 Years Long Residence

Post by sk77 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi all, after waiting for more than 8.5 months i got my ILR approval letter today on 17th May 2013. However the letter is dated 1st May 2013. But anyway I am so pleased and grateful to God.

Jongo
Newly Registered

Called ukba

Post by Jongo » Sat May 18, 2013 1:07 am

Hi all,I have been calling ukba since I reached the six month mark,normaly the response is still in progress as soon as I give in my details,however when I called they told me my application was with the case worker,that was last week.this week I called twice,and was taken a back the time the person took to eventually tell me it's not complete and one told me I have your application but u have to keep waiting,it took them almost two minutes to tell me to keep waiting I wonder what they are reading .for information my time is now six months and few weeks.

zak786

ILR 10 Years Long Residence Application

Post by zak786 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:58 am

Hi guys after waiting for more than 9 months I got my ILR approval letter on 16th May 2013. I was 3 days short of actually completing 10 years and due to this there was lot of confusion surrounding my application. Few solicitors were of the opinion that I do not have visa to complete 10 years lawful residence therefore my ILR application will be refused. Others thought that if I apply with in 28 days of completing 10 years and if I have a valid visa at the time of the application I should be fine. Couple of days ago I posted links from whatdotheyknow.com where UKBA has answered a similar query in which they said that a few days short of 10 years is not a consideration as long as the applicant applies with in 28 days and has valid visa at the time of the application. But we did not have any real life example where an applicant has ILR approved with few days short of 10 years residence. I believe my case is a test case for people who are short of few days and will help to solve this confusion. Lastly thanks to members of this forum who are always there to help other people.

davidbaxter2000
Newly Registered

post study college

Post by davidbaxter2000 » Sat May 18, 2013 9:35 am

Dear All,
I have completed my 10 years and have given biometric while waiting for decision at the moment. I have just read some cases of Cambridge college of learning, IGS or post study deception refusal. People have been refused for their previous psw leave as Ho claim it wasn't genuine. I have been on IGS 1 year from 2008 and then 1 year on psw before switching to student again. I got my psw from Westminister college of computing in early 2008. Middle of 2008 WCC was closed down and raided. By that i have my igs and passed post graduate diploma. I am really worried for my case now. Anybody please help/

Am i on a high risk now that HO would refuse me on that ground? some other people from univisa and LSCE were refused ILR on groud of deception for PSW which they got 3 or 4 years back.

Anybody please advice. what is there for me to do!

hugunawa
Newly Registered

Post by hugunawa » Sat May 18, 2013 11:09 am

Hi all Just want to share my timeline to give the other people waiting some hope as this forum has done for me over the last few days

Application date: 18 Sep 2012
Biometrics: 30 Nov 2012
Passport and BRP received: 17 May 2013

End of the agonising wait, all the best to everyone that is currently going through it

Landcruiser
Newly Registered

ILR (LR) Application

Post by Landcruiser » Sun May 19, 2013 11:44 am

Damanishallo,

I have been a silent visitor to this forum and would like to inquire about my ILR (LR) application. I am falling short of 2.5 months to complete the 10 year period as my visa will be expiring end of June. I would like to know two things :

Taking note of the processing timescale of vast majority of applicants taking 6 months or more , Can I apply for ILR (LR) in june itself and prepare myself, if needed be, for an appeal after at least 3 months of my application which would then complete the term or Is FLR(O) under private life the only option to bridge the short gap?

Secondly, I would like to know if I can apply for FLR (O) under private life at a PEO office ?

Your kind advise is much awaited. Thanks

malavan1234
Newly Registered

Post by malavan1234 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Hi all,

One of my friend asked me a question about getting ILR under staying in the UK over 7 years!!

I just wonder if anyone knows about this rule? if someone stay 7 years ligally and he or she for example has bought house in uk can he or she apply for ILR after 7 years?
and, what is Europan Human Right application? can he or she apply under this?

thank you for your help

mer3090
Newly Registered

My wife flr(m)

Post by mer3090 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 am

Hi guys,
Is there anyone here who can give me some advise on the following issue:

I have applied for my ILR along with my wife's FLR(M) on June 2012' I have got my ILR back around 1 month ago but they haven't send my wife visa yes. When we call UKBA they say her application is still outstanding but that they sent all her documents back in error. I am not sure what I need to do now I don't want to send back all her documents without any confirmation from them.
Please help me in this matter if you can.

Thank you.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: My wife flr(m)

Post by saanju9 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 pm

mer3090 wrote:Hi guys,

I have applied for my ILR along with my wife's FLR(M) on June 2012' I have got my ILR back around 1 month ago but they haven't send my wife visa yes. When we call UKBA they say her application is still outstanding but that they sent all her documents back in error. I am not sure what I need to do now I don't want to send back all her documents without any confirmation from them.

Thank you.
Did they send back all her documents???..

If they did I think you need to send them back... Best possible way of doing this is to write to the caseworker who dealt with your application if you can find their contact details or just call them and ask them what you should be doing...

Is you wife's previous visa still unexpired??? (irrelevant question but could help you in getting refund for the previous application and reapplying for a new one at the PEO - that is if there is that option)...

Please give more details

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:00 pm

malavan1234 wrote:Hi all,

One of my friend asked me a question about getting ILR under staying in the UK over 7 years!!

I just wonder if anyone knows about this rule? if someone stay 7 years ligally and he or she for example has bought house in uk can he or she apply for ILR after 7 years?
and, what is Europan Human Right application? can he or she apply under this?

thank you for your help
Never ever heard of that... you can apply if you are on a route to settlement visas for 5 years..or our dear dear 10 L Residency,...but never heard 7 years

Can he provide us with references... coz I think he is joking with you

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: ILR (LR) Application

Post by saanju9 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 pm

Landcruiser wrote:Damanishallo,

I have been a silent visitor to this forum and would like to inquire about my ILR (LR) application. I am falling short of 2.5 months to complete the 10 year period as my visa will be expiring end of June. I would like to know two things :

Taking note of the processing timescale of vast majority of applicants taking 6 months or more , Can I apply for ILR (LR) in june itself and prepare myself, if needed be, for an appeal after at least 3 months of my application which would then complete the term or Is FLR(O) under private life the only option to bridge the short gap?

Secondly, I would like to know if I can apply for FLR (O) under private life at a PEO office ?

FLR(O) is "probably" good option and

applying and appealing after 3 months is a bad move.. because you can get rejected straight away because you didn't finished 10yrs here..

Its ok to spend a little extra in this last battle mate... don't throw all these 10yrs hard work to save that little few bucks (joking)

Think and act wisely

farhad34
Newly Registered

Biometric card

Post by farhad34 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:04 pm

• Hi guys
    I received my ilr letter last week havnot received
    my biometric card uptil now its been a week anyone knows how
    long it takes to receive Biometric card or how can we
    check with the courier company. Cheers

zack001
Newly Registered

Re: Biometric card

Post by zack001 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:34 pm

farhad34 wrote:
  • Hi guys
    I received my ilr letter last week havnot received
    my biometric card uptil now its been a week anyone knows how
    long it takes to receive Biometric card or how can we
    check with the courier company. Cheers
what was your timeline? please update

ppycrmt

VISA

Post by ppycrmt » Mon May 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am due to apply my ILR this coming July, I am currently on Post Study Work visa and I have already done my Biometric Card.

Will this speed the application process up? Has anyone who applied for ILR has sent their biometric card with their application? Please give me your timeline if you had.

Many Thanks in advance :)

Ppycrmt

suzuka23

Re: VISA

Post by suzuka23 » Mon May 20, 2013 4:01 pm

ppycrmt wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am due to apply my ILR this coming July, I am currently on Post Study Work visa and I have already done my Biometric Card.

Will this speed the application process up? Has anyone who applied for ILR has sent their biometric card with their application? Please give me your timeline if you had.

Ppycrmt

Yes, I sent my BRP with the application and unfortunately it's taking 7-8 months :(

mer3090
Newly Registered

Re: My wife flr(m)

Post by mer3090 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:06 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have any contact details of the caseworker I should just send a letter to UKBA at Sheffield.

My wife's visa expired months ago when we submitted the application. I don't want to re-apply since I have applied before July 2012 and her application is under the old rule.
saanju9 wrote:
mer3090 wrote:Hi guys,

Thank you.
Did they send back all her documents???..

If they did I think you need to send them back... Best possible way of doing this is to write to the caseworker who dealt with your application if you can find their contact details or just call them and ask them what you should be doing...

Is you wife's previous visa still unexpired??? (irrelevant question but could help you in getting refund for the previous application and reapplying for a new one at the PEO - that is if there is that option)...

Please give more details

Landcruiser
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (LR) Application

Post by Landcruiser » Tue May 21, 2013 12:47 am

saanju9 wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:Damanishallo,

FLR(O) is "probably" good option and

applying and appealing after 3 months is a bad move.. because you can get rejected straight away because you didn't finished 10yrs here..

Its ok to spend a little extra in this last battle mate... don't throw all these 10yrs hard work to save that little few bucks (joking)

Think and act wisely
Thank you for your prompt response to this matter and I would be grateful if you can reassure me that FLR (0) is still the best option available because it clearly states on the FLR (0) rules that one cannot apply under private life route to complete his/her 10 years for that matter.If that's the case, then I am still not going for a straightforward application anyway isn't it ?. It also states that early applications MAY be refused and applicants will have to re-apply once the 10 year threshold reaches by paying full fee.

It was, is and never will be about money as I will be paying , if circumstances evolve, a lot more to solicitors in appeals, fresh applications etc etc..One can never save a few bucks when feeding these hungry ducks !! and little do they extend us the much deserved gratitude by at least processing our visa's early ;)

And more importantly, If FLR (0) is the only possible solution, can i apply that in person ?

Eagerly look forward to your response to this matter ......[/quote]

Da'wud
Newly Registered

Confused by UKBA Letter

Post by Da'wud » Tue May 21, 2013 9:31 am

I have been a silent observer for quiet sometime and would like to share my timeline as follows;

Application sent: 19th November 2012
Biometrics done: 22nd January 2013
"Approval"letter Received: 20th May 2013 dated 16th May
BRP: Waiting

There is a slight confusion in letter as it does not say that ILR has been approved but it does say that I will recieve my BRP in few days.
Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Thanks in advance guys.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: VISA

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:17 am

suzuka23 wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:Hi Everyone,

Ppycrmt

Yes, I sent my BRP with the application and unfortunately it's taking 7-8 months :(
Unfortunately, you need to give your Biometrics again with ILR.. that means you will be invited for biometrics and you have to give your finger prints in the post office again for this application...

suzuka@ have you done yours with this application?? If not and if it passed 7-8 months..may be you should do something about it

Anyways guys don't worry things are getting better now and hopefully you will not wait for longer periods anymore