ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tonystar

registration

Post by tonystar » Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 pm

hi,
i hv received ilr last week,
i hv one baby boy nearly 20month and he has a psw visa this time,
and i hv one baby girl she is 5 week old, she has'nt any visa,
bt both my kids born in uk,
can i apply straight way for registration both of them for bc,
i get ilr on the 10 long residence, and last six year i hv no visit out of uk,
plz just tell me when i can apply for naturalization and passport,
thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: registration

Post by Amber » Mon May 20, 2013 11:45 pm

tonystar wrote:hi,
thanks
For your children it would be a section 1(3) application, assuming neither of the parents were settled or British when the children were born:

Section 1(3) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are now settled in the United Kingdom
If the child's parent has become settled in the United Kingdom or becomes a British citizen, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

The form for children is MN1

Regarding your naturalisation, how long did you wait for your ILR application to be processed? Also, are you the civil p or spouse of a British Citizen?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tonystar

Re:naturalization and flr

Post by tonystar » Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 pm

D4109125 wrote:
thanks
For your children it would be a section 1(3) application, assuming neither of the parents were settled or British when the children were born:

Section 1(3) applications - children born in the United Kingdom to parents who are now settled in the United Kingdom
If the child's parent has become settled in the United Kingdom or becomes a British citizen, the child will have an entitlement to register as a British citizen. This registration would be under section 1(3) of the British Nationality Act 1981.

Regarding your naturalisation, how long did you wait for your ILR application to be processed? Also, are you the civil p or spouse of a British Citizen?

i apply ilr 10year long residence on 25th sep2012 and i got ilr on 10th may 2013 after 7 and half month, when i apply for naturalization , last six year i hv no visit out of uk, can i apply naturalization now and after one year,
my wife is on psw visa he got psw visa on jan2012, and she came this country on june 2009 on student dependant visa,
she apply first flr and after flr she can apply ilr straight way or after get flr then sart the five year, or start five year perid when she came uk from june 2009, plz clear these points,
and the requirements of funds 18600 is impliment on me or not because my wife came this country from june 2009,
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 21, 2013 12:59 am

tonystar wrote:i apply ilr 10year long residence on 25th sep2012 and i got ilr on 10th may 2013 after 7 and half month, when i apply for naturalization , last six year i hv no visit out of uk, can i apply naturalization now and after one year,
my wife is on psw visa he got psw visa on jan2012, and she came this country on june 2009 on student dependant visa,
she apply first flr and after flr she can apply ilr straight way or after get flr then sart the five year, or start five year perid when she came uk from june 2009, plz clear these points,
and the requirements of funds 18600 is impliment on me or not because my wife came this country from june 2009, thanks
vinny wrote:Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 21, 2013 3:48 am

tonystar wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
thanks

i apply ilr 10year long residence on 25th sep2012 and i got ilr on 10th may 2013 after 7 and half month, when i apply for naturalization , last six year i hv no visit out of uk, can i apply naturalization now and after one year,
and the requirements of funds 18600 is impliment on me or not because my wife came this country from june 2009,
thanks
If your wife is under under the old rules she should be eligible for settlement after 2 years as a PBS dependent, you should have read the link that was provided re: transitional protection.

As your ilr took some time and if this was not your fault you should be able to apply for naturalisation 15 months after the ilr application - December 2013. As soon as you're naturalised and providing your wife is settled she will able to naturalise, otherwise she'll have to wait.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tonystar

Post by tonystar » Tue May 21, 2013 5:01 am

D4109125 wrote:
tonystar wrote:
D4109125 wrote:
thanks

thanks
If your wife is under under the old rules she should be eligible for settlement after 2 years as a PBS dependent, you should have read the link that was provided re: transitional protection.

As your ilr took some time and if this was not your fault you should be able to apply for naturalisation 15 months after the ilr application - December 2013. As soon as you're naturalised and providing your wife is settled she will able to naturalise, otherwise she'll have to wait.
thanks a lot
can u clear this point she came in uk june 2009 as student depandent visa still depandent psw visa till jan2014,
she got psw depandent visa from jan2012,
she is in old rule and new rule plz explain me,
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 am

tonystar wrote:thanks a lot
can u clear this point she came in uk june 2009 as student depandent visa still depandent psw visa till jan2014,
she got psw depandent visa from jan2012,
she is in old rule and new rule plz explain me,
thanks
vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.