ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent of British citizen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

godisable
Newly Registered

Dependent of British citizen

Post by godisable » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Good day,

My daughter came to the UK on August 2002 at the age of 12 on a visitor's visa to her dad who is a British citizen. He then decided to get her to stay. Her application was approve but the Home Office appealed the decision. Anyway she was allowed to go to school. She received an limited leave to remain for 4 years. The visa had an expiry date of August 2012. Before her visa expired she sent her passport to the Home Office which they had requested.

Each time she contact the Home Office they said her application was in process. I wanted her to visit Canada. So I asked her to contact the Home Office to see if they can return her passport. When she did so they sent her a letter dated January 2013 saying that they returned her passport in 2011 but she had received it. She then contacted them to let them know that she has received it. They said maybe Royal Mail tried to deliver it but was not able to do so and they will check to see if they have it (passport). Finally they sent her a letter saying that if the passport was returned to UKBA, they will keep the passport because her leave as now expired and that she need to make a new application to legalise her stay. Failure to do so may have her remove from the UK.

She now has to apply for a new passport. She applied for Indefinite Leave to Remain as a dependent of a British parent in March 2013. On April 12, 2013 they took the payment for her application.
Do you know how soon she will receive her the letter from the Home Office to state that they have receive her application and also the letter to do her biometric.
Thanks

reabs

Re: Dependent of British citizen

Post by reabs » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 pm

See ILR timelinesthat others have encountered.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 pm

When did she withdraw her application?

Where is her other parent?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

godisable
Newly Registered

Post by godisable » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 am

She did not withdraw her application. when she contacted the Home Office in November 2012 to get her passport, they told her that they already sent it in July 2011.
Her other parent (mother) lives in Canada. Her mom has also applied for her permanent residence in Canada and has received confirmation that she has been approve and they are awaiting her passport.

(1) Can she leave the UK while her application is still in process at the UKBA?
(2) Would she need a visa to re-enter the UK; she will be graduating from university in UK in November 2013.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:18 am

Why did they return her passport in July 2011 when her leave to remain was valid until August 2012? Has her missing passport ever been found?

1) Not normally.
2) Probably, if she does not have a good UK immigration history.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

godisable
Newly Registered

Post by godisable » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks for your reply. They did not tell her why her passport was returned. When she asked about her status, they said that they could not give out that information.
Seeing that they have took out the application fee. Can you give an estimation when she will received an acknowledgement letter. Does she has to be approve to get the letter to do her biometric.
The paperwork is being done through a lawyer.

godisable
Newly Registered

Post by godisable » Mon May 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi everyone

Just letting you know that my daughter got her ILR visa. She called her lawyer and they said that they have sent her mail two weeks ago but she has not received it yet. She was told to collect everything at the lawyer office tomorrow.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 pm

godisable wrote:Hi everyone

Just letting you know that my daughter got her ILR visa. She called her lawyer and they said that they have sent her mail two weeks ago but she has not received it yet. She was told to collect everything at the lawyer office tomorrow.
Excellent News. Really happy for you and your daughter.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

wordable

Post by wordable » Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Great news Godisable! Congratulations to you and your daughter! :D :D :D

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:58 pm

wordable wrote:Great news Godisable! Congratulations to you and your daughter! :D :D :D
Are you all two related to eack other?? :roll:
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

godisable
Newly Registered

Post by godisable » Tue May 21, 2013 4:51 am

Thank you I am so happy. It happen so quickly. She sent in her application in March 2013. Her lawyer had told her it would have taken 6 months or more to finalize. It took less than 3 months.

wordable

Post by wordable » Tue May 21, 2013 7:10 am

@Kevin, yes, we are related by God's word joint together by ukba and have lovely brothers and sisters like you in this great and efficient forum!!! You are doing a great job Kevin keep it going mate! lol!!! :D :D :D