ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certify Sponsor Passport for Spousa Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

morak
Newly Registered

Certify Sponsor Passport for Spousa Visa

Post by morak » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Has anyone had experience with using post office to certify true copy of passport for application for entry clearance visa for spouse of s settled person in the UK?
I'm not sure whether to use Notary Public (expensive), solicitor or post office (affordable).

Please advise.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:43 pm

Some people have used the P.O in the past,but dont know outcome of their case.

A solicitor would normally charge aroind £15 to £20 depending where you live

MR_G
BANNED

Post by MR_G » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm

i own a post office and i wouldnt recomend it lol. u need an actual notary

even i went to a notary. why create problems from something so easily avoidable.

G

samar0001

Post by samar0001 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:52 pm

certify true copy of passport - was it a British Passport?

Do we need to certify British Passport.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:53 pm

samar0001 wrote:certify true copy of passport - was it a British Passport?

Do we need to certify British Passport.
Any passport belonging to the sponsor, irrelevant of what country they are from :wink:

morak
Newly Registered

Post by morak » Sun May 05, 2013 9:42 am

Lawyers/notary public in London were quoting over £80 for certifying a document.
I believe the post office offer the same service and even more authentic because its a public entity.

I've posted the application using post office certification. We update on the outcome when decision is made.

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 am

Honestly guys, is this a requirement to certify true copy?????? Can someone point this out to me on the ukba site. They can easily verify anything they want. Don't u think ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun May 05, 2013 1:29 pm

If you submit a copy of an original document without it being legally certified the application will be refused. For your interest, this is from the UKBA website:
Sending original documents
You must send the original documents or certified copies.

A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement by the issuing authority or by a solicitor or notary. The certifier must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Each document must be certified, clearly detailing the certifier's name, their signature and the organisation that they represent. If a certifier's details cannot be verified, we will reject the document. Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described. The certification must also clearly state how many pages have been certified.

If we ask for any documents that are not in English or Welsh, they must be accompanied by a certified translation. The translator's credentials should be provided, with their official confirmation that the translation is accurate.

We reserve the right to ask for original documents.

temmyt

Post by temmyt » Sun May 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Thanks for the reply casa. I have applied for a minor from my home country and just sent off a copy if my passport and Ilr and were not certified. I pray my application is favourably considered. Btw I learnt it will be treated by Sheffield. I just pray all goes well

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 am

In the spirit of expanding the query, Does the document copy certified from the notary has a time limit? I am on Indian Passport and will apply for dependent Visa for my wife and son. I have a notarised copy of my passport which was done in India two years back. Can I use it or do I need to get it notarised again.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 am

A notarised or certified copy has no time limit.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd » Tue May 07, 2013 10:32 am

Thanks for the clarification..

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

outcome

Post by Aliyakz » Tue May 14, 2013 11:33 am

morak wrote:Lawyers/notary public in London were quoting over £80 for certifying a document.
I believe the post office offer the same service and even more authentic because its a public entity.

I've posted the application using post office certification. We update on the outcome when decision is made.
Hello, have u received your decision yet?

Do we need to certify every page of the passport or just the one with the photo?

Thank u.

Aliyakz
Newly Registered

answer

Post by Aliyakz » Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 am

My husband has certified the first page of his passport at a Watford solicitor for only 5 £

Pandy84
Newly Registered

Post by Pandy84 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am

Hi Everyone

I've heard you can supply your original UK Birth Certificate accompanied with a normal photocopy of your passport photo page (uncertified)

anyone had experience with this?

Cheers

K_Karan

Post by K_Karan » Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Pandy,

My personal experience, I submitted photo copies of my passport (all pages), Biometric card and UK driving license without certified still my wife visa was granted. So I guess it is not mandatory.

Pandy84 wrote:Hi Everyone

I've heard you can supply your original UK Birth Certificate accompanied with a normal photocopy of your passport photo page (uncertified)

anyone had experience with this?

Cheers

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 pm

I had photocopies of non-impediment cert, my passport (sponsor), birth certificate and Certificate of residence (from my local council), birth certificate all certified at my wife's embassy in London (Brazillian) and they stamped all the copies i needed to prove they were genuine. (Average £10 per stamp)

These were needed to apply to be married in Brazil, i then thought i could re-use some of these for the application however the local registry office over there needed to retain some of the copies for the town records.

In their stead i had copies of these certified copies and added a note as to the reason why within my wife's application.

However the above mentioned documents, from my understanding, are not a necessity to be certified within the application, although it does put your mind at rest if you do.

However i would strongly recommend official bank statements and anything to do with the financial requirement being offical or approved copies.

I was not aware of this prior to my wife submitting her application and the below is what we included for this area of the application.

1) Salary increase letter from my work - Original

2) Letter confirming my current salary, how long i have been paid at that level, terms of employment, my role and how long i have worked for the company. ENSURE IT ALL STATES GROSS SALARY - Mine did not and hope this will be ok - Original

3) Copy of Contract - Copy / Company headed

4) 13 Months of Payslips - E-copies / Company logo and address within document

5) 13 Months of Bank Statements - Official/Original - Marked up with highlighter my salary income for each month

5) 5 Years worth of P60's - E-copies

6) Forecasted Monthly cost plan for when my wife is issued a VISA to join me - My own document

I hope the above is of help to someone out there, senior MODS can confirm anything above, and let me know if what we submitted will be sufficient?

However, i have also read within the rules, and read it from other users on here that the ECO can request you to email them further documents, or re-send documents that are lacking a signature/stamp etc if there is no other more serious reason to refuse your case. I guess this depends on how to the mark the ECO follows UKBA policy.

Sorry for the essay!