ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS Medical benefit and Credit card bill defaulted..

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bipsan

NHS Medical benefit and Credit card bill defaulted..

Post by bipsan » Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 am

Hi... Forum members and advice experts.

I need some information about

NHS Medical benefit and Credit card bill defaulted

I m going for ILR PEO service next month as due for ILR

I came to this country in 2004 and visited local GP for my illness and GP prescribed me some medicine, which I took from nearest medical store, that time store counter person gave me some little form and asked me to sign it and gave me medicine free, this happens to me 3-4 times and later I learned that this is benefit and I suppose to not take medicine free but should pay for it.
after that I always paid for my prescription, Now i m worried about it, would it be going to affect my ILR?

I had few credit cards which is defaulted since 2008 as I lost my job in recession and later never paid for credit cards... lots of letter received form recovery agencies but so far not paid.

would this going to affect my ILR?

expecting expert and experience advice form this forum members.

Looking forward you,

Bipsan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NHS Medical benefit and Credit card bill defaulted..

Post by Amber » Mon May 20, 2013 10:35 am

bipsan wrote:Hi... Forum members and advice experts.

I need some information about

I m going for ILR PEO service next month as due for ILR

I came to this country in 2004 and visited local GP for my illness and GP prescribed me some medicine, which I took from nearest medical store, that time store counter person gave me some little form and asked me to sign it and gave me medicine free, this happens to me 3-4 times and later I learned that this is benefit and I suppose to not take medicine free but should pay for it.
after that I always paid for my prescription, Now i m worried about it, would it be going to affect my ILR?

I had few credit cards which is defaulted since 2008 as I lost my job in recession and later never paid for credit cards... lots of letter received form recovery agencies but so far not paid.

would this going to affect my ILR?

expecting expert and experience advice form this forum members.

Looking forward you,

Bipsan
You must have ticked you were exempt from paying for nhs prescriptions in what way were you exempt? It's unlikely to affect you now but the nhs do random checks of exemptions and can prosecute although unlikely.

As long as you're paying something off the debts even £1 per month then that'll be ok.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

TheGreenTea

Post by TheGreenTea » Mon May 20, 2013 10:44 am

Regarding prescriptions:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/h ... abroad.htm

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSse ... vices.aspx
Some people who are not ordinary residents in the UK are still entitled to at least some hospital treatment free of charge. These include those working for UK-based employers and students on courses of at least six months in duration.
You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:
  • are 60 or over
    are under 16
    are 16-18 and in full-time education
    are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
    have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
    have a continuing physical disability that prevents you from going out without help from another person and have a valid MedEx
    hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
    are an NHS inpatient

You wouldn't be able to get free prescription if you didn't fall under those categories listed above. So, I would ignore anything related to NHS.

Don't know about the credit cards.

bipsan

Post by bipsan » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks for your prompt feedback.

credit cards I m not paying at all since 2008, ll do consolidate payment plan once my ILR is sorted out.

I got my visa extended in feb 2013, it mean UKBA had already made necessary checks on my case... and they found its not affecting for visa extension but I m not sure about their policies about ILR, at what extend they do this all checks?

regds,

Bipsan

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NHS Medical benefit and Credit card bill defaulted

Post by Amber » Mon May 20, 2013 11:07 am

bipsan wrote:Thanks for your prompt feedback.

credit cards I m not paying at all since 2008, ll do consolidate payment plan once my ILR is sorted out.

I got my visa extended in feb 2013, it mean UKBA had already made necessary checks on my case... and they found its not affecting for visa extension but I m not sure about their policies about ILR, at what extend they do this all checks?

regds,

Bipsan
If you show no intention of paying debts back that is a general grounds for refusal.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bipsan

Post by bipsan » Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am

D4109125 wrote:

regds,

Bipsan
If you show no intention of paying debts back that is a general grounds for refusal.
If I sign up any DPP (Debt payment Program) as per Government backed options such as being able to eliminate up to 80% of debts, reduce monthly payments and freeze interest.

would going to affect as Govt. program is ready to wipe off upto 80% of debt and agency make an agreement to make some payment program plan.

this wipe off plan from Govt, would consider as benefit?

regds

Bipsan

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 20, 2013 5:13 pm

For NHS aspects you will more likely be unaffected but not paying credit card bills and ignoring the warning letters might affect because since 2008 till now you might have been served with several bailiff letters/notifications.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:57 am

D4109125 wrote:

regds,

Bipsan
Thanks Amber,

Your advice always very helpful. I am on Tier1 (G) visa and going to apply for ILR in few weeks time. I have to some balance on credit cards to pay but never miss a single monthly payment.
Do you think it can be any problem. OR APPLICANT MUST CLEAR THEIR CREDIT CARDS BALANCE BILL BEFORE APPLYING ILR. which is difficult when you are subject to immigration and applying for ILR. Thanks

Please advise.

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Tue May 21, 2013 12:11 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote: Thanks Amber,

Your advice always very helpful. I am on Tier1 (G) visa and going to apply for ILR in few weeks time. I have to some balance on credit cards to pay but never miss a single monthly payment.
Do you think it can be any problem. OR APPLICANT MUST CLEAR THEIR CREDIT CARDS BALANCE BILL BEFORE APPLYING ILR. which is difficult when you are subject to immigration and applying for ILR. Thanks

Please advise.
This is what exactly I asked some days ago and got replies that it won't effect ILR if you are in agreement with bank (means you are not defaulter and bank is not after you).

My condition is also similar have loan which I repaying regularly and have lots of credit-card balance and sometimes goes into over-draft. I am T1G but as far as you are not defaulter/bankrupted then you are fine.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:33 pm

fslateef wrote:

Please advise.
This is what exactly I asked some days ago and got replies that it won't effect ILR if you are in agreement with bank (means you are not defaulter and bank is not after you).

My condition is also similar have loan which I repaying regularly and have lots of credit-card balance and sometimes goes into over-draft. I am T1G but as far as you are not defaulter/bankrupted then you are fine.
Bro just joking You must be married... same like me

fslateef

Post by fslateef » Tue May 21, 2013 12:37 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:
Yup I am married :) But its not a main reason for this; main reason is 2 extensions with 2-dependents both times.

valeed.naim2

Post by valeed.naim2 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:14 pm

fslateef wrote:

Please advise.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:47 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:
I am on Tier1 (G) visa and going to apply for ILR in few weeks time. I have to some balance on credit cards to pay but never miss a single monthly payment.

Please advise.
Even if you have balance to clear but still in touch/agreement with credit card companies then you should be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm

valeed.naim2 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:

regds,

Bipsan

Thanks Amber,

Please advise.
This will not be an issue. If this was a rule it would prove exceptionally difficult for those who use their credit cards to pay for the fee :wink: