ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC.........Timeline....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnj10

EC.........Timeline....

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:59 am

Dear All,

Request to all those who applied for Entry Clearance in any country to post their timeline and result of the same. This will help future EC applicants to estimate the timings for the EC Process.

I am starting with mine:

HSMP Approval Received: 20-March-2007
EC Application (In Person) at VFS-New Delhi-India: 29-March-2007

One interesting reading on the UKVisas website was that 93% of all visa applicants worldwide get the visas that they applied for (probably in last calendar year; don't remember the period).

Let's post out time lines and results here to find out how many HSMP applicants pass through the EC process successfully.

Best wishes to everyone....

NNJ10

Naija Guy
Newly Registered

Post by Naija Guy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:56 am

Hi,

Got my EC in 12 normal days...applied on the 14th march and EC was stamped 21th March (1 week later), got my passport back on the 26th March and now back in the UK.

EC applied from Nigeria.

Make sure you include all your original docs u sent for initial HSMP with prove of funds and accommodation which can be from ur sponsor accompanied with a sponsorship letter from him/her.

uk.destiny

Post by uk.destiny » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi,

Applied for EC on 27-MAR- 2007 at Bangalore vfs.
Received docs back on 3-APR-2007.

Thanks
UK Destiny

nnj10

UPDATES.....

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:58 pm

Hi All,

Request everyone who applied for/Received EC...Subsequent to HSMP Approval in recent times to please update their timelines in this thread....
I would urge to share the details like dates of applicantion sent, decision, EC office where applied..etc...

This will help the current and future EC applicant's to get a rough idea...on the EC timings....

Thanks,

NNJ10

VK82

Re: UPDATES.....

Post by VK82 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:09 pm

nnj10 wrote:Hi All,

Request everyone who applied for/Received EC...Subsequent to HSMP Approval in recent times to please update their timelines in this thread....
I would urge to share the details like dates of applicantion sent, decision, EC office where applied..etc...

This will help the current and future EC applicant's to get a rough idea...on the EC timings....

Thanks,

NNJ10
Hi Guys,

Applied for EC on 29th of March from Delhi, still waiting.

But Have some information about the timeline...have a look below, a mail from Vfs.

The visa processing time in case of WORK PERMIT/ HSMP

& (their respective dependants) is minimum 16 -18 working days.

Rest depends upon the BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION.

After 16- 18 working days the status can be known.

Regards.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:22 pm

Sorry guys this question doesnt fit in the topic but just needed a quick response so kindly accept my apologies.

Hi nnj10,

You have been quite active on this forum and also have given some really good advice. Wanted your advice on this matter, actually my friend is applying for HSMP and he has worked until Dec 06, so he is planning to show the income from Jan 06 to Dec 06.

Now the question is, is it under the 15 month period as guidelines say income of 12 months from the last 15 month period.

What is your advice regarding this.....should it be fine?

Regards.

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:50 pm

Hi,

That shud be fine, count from Dec 06 backwards for 15months. Out of that 15months, you'll need 12months consecutive payslips from it, so the period claimin is ok but it must be consecutive months.

VK82

Post by VK82 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:30 am

skilachi wrote:Hi,

That shud be fine, count from Dec 06 backwards for 15months. Out of that 15months, you'll need 12months consecutive payslips from it, so the period claimin is ok but it must be consecutive months.
Thanks for your advice Skilachi, this should help.

nnj10 do you have any updates on your VISA development. My status still says forward to the British High commission. By the way thanks for your message.

Regards.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:56 am

Hi All,

The update on my Entry Clearance....

HSMP Approval Received: 20-March-2007
EC Application (In Person) at VFS-New Delhi-India: 29-March-2007
Passport stamped with HSMP Visa Received: 17-April-2007

I thank all those members, who made this possible by helping me at each stage esp. during my review application for the HSMP.

My best wishes to everyone for their HSMP applications / Entry Clearance.

NNJ10

venkates
Newly Registered

Post by venkates » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:51 pm

Hai Nnj

I got an approval April 10th and i am planning to apply for an EC next month..could u please clarify my doubts

do i need to apply EC for spouse and kid now(bze i am planning to apply visa for them after 3 months once i reached there)

how much amount we have to show bank balance(at present i have 1L in my account)..

can u provide me list of documents what u have submitted for EC

Thanks

Venkates

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:09 pm

hi guys!
here are my details.

HSMP approval received: April 3
applied for EC (online): April 6
booked appointment for April 16, submitted EC application the same day
Got a call from Consulate that they has checked my docs - April 17
Got EC - 1 year: April 18
from Ukraine.

jagacharaja

Post by jagacharaja » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:22 pm

I know this could get a bit personal, but if successful candidates don't mind, could you pls post how much amount did you show as means to support yourself... I'm contemplating applying for EC in a couple of months and was wondering "how much is enuf" for a single unmarried individual..

rkpktm
Newly Registered

Post by rkpktm » Tue May 01, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi Iriny_k,

My congradulations!

I received HSMP approval at the end of March and plan to apply for EC in summer. My question is: have you applied for 2 years and if yes, do you have an idea of why you were granted just 1?

Many thanks!

Iriny_k wrote:hi guys!
here are my details.

HSMP approval received: April 3
applied for EC (online): April 6
booked appointment for April 16, submitted EC application the same day
Got a call from Consulate that they has checked my docs - April 17
Got EC - 1 year: April 18
from Ukraine.

aprilhsmp

Post by aprilhsmp » Thu May 03, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi venkates,

Could you get answer to your question from somewhere? I am in similar situation. I am thinking of applying EC for myself now and for my spouse after 3 months. Is there any risk of not getting EC if I do so.

In the form Section-3, question 3.5, what do I write if I want to apply for spouse EC later?