ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aaleksee
Newly Registered

Post by aaleksee » Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am

I applied for EEA2 in July 2012 the first time, however my documents were returned with a letter stating that I didn't provide enough evidence of my husband's employment in UK. (He works in UK but he is paid by French office in euros on his french debit card). So UKBA sent me my documents... but I never received them. It turned out that the package eventually got returned back to UKBA and was laying there without any actions from their side. I only was able to find out about it in 6 months time. So I had to reapply in January. My documents were received on 21 Jan, I got my COA in one month with right to work. Still haven't got my residence card. If you count my first attempt I have been waiting for 10 months now. I desperately want to travel. Not only this, but I need to travel for work. I'm lucky they haven't fired me yet. The whole experience was very frustrating.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: EEA2 TIME LINE

Post by zubby007 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 pm

shani_798 wrote:EEA2 sent:20/04/13
Received by UKBA: 22/04/13
COA :28/04/2013 with right of work
RC : ?? HOW MANY DAYS THEY TAKE IN THESE DAYS FOR EEA2 APPLICATION .TANKS ALOT

Did you mean Months? I haven't heard of EEA2 been done in days.

johnkumar
Newly Registered

Post by johnkumar » Tue May 21, 2013 1:28 pm

zubby007 wrote:

lol... answer of the year... shani you must be enjoy your COA first for 6 month then start worry about it.. just keep collecting evidences and be prepare for interview or visit.. now the days its easier to stand into fire rather than deal with homeoffice.. cheers and good luck

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:37 pm

johnkumar wrote:
zubby007 wrote:

lol... answer of the year... shani you must be enjoy your COA first for 6 month then start worry about it.. just keep collecting evidences and be prepare for interview or visit.. now the days its easier to stand into fire rather than deal with homeoffice.. cheers and good luck

Good to know you got the correct Answer.

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Babz » Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 pm

zubby007 wrote:
johnkumar wrote:
zubby007 wrote:

It's taking approximately 2 months now...All things being equal

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Babz wrote:
zubby007 wrote:
johnkumar wrote:
zubby007 wrote:

It's taking approximately 2 months now...All things being equal

2 months when is straightforward case and luck runs in one family.

chursy

WOOOHOOOOO

Post by chursy » Tue May 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Resident card recieved today

Applied in Mid March and recieved it in the post today.

Good documentation is key and mine was a straightforward case.

Two months is a reasonable time frame

Diomond

Re: WOOOHOOOOO

Post by Diomond » Tue May 21, 2013 8:49 pm

chursy wrote:Resident card recieved today

Well Done chursy,, how much did u smoke today, lol

chursy

Post by chursy » Tue May 21, 2013 8:52 pm

Diomond wrote:

Well Done chursy,, how much did u smoke today, lol
Lets just say the party has just started! :P Good luck everyone

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Share the good Documentation you submitted and you're time frame, cheers.

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 pm

wow that was sooo fast ! Congratssssss
EEA1 & EEA2 sent: 25/04/13
Received by UKBA: 26/04/13
COA (with right to work): 02/05/13
PP return request: 31/05/13
PP returned : 07/06/13
EEA1 & EEA2 : 22/06/13 (issued 17/06/13)

chursy

Post by chursy » Tue May 21, 2013 9:48 pm

I provided the following :-

a) Bank Statements
b) Employment contract
c) Tenancy Agreement
d) Passports
e) Previous resident cards in Ireland ( mine was a suringder shinda case)
f) Marriage Certificate.
g) documentation of daughter
h) Utility bills etc

Cover letter to tie everything together. Mine was a straightforward case. Keep it simple

I sent the documents around 18th Marhc
REcieved COB - 25 March
Request passport return - 29 March
Recieved passports - 3rd April
Recieved resident card 21 MAy

aphid
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by aphid » Wed May 22, 2013 9:10 am

Just received my RC as well. It appears they've just issued a large batch.

My timeline:
EEA2 received by HO: 21/03/13
COA received: 10/04/13 (dated 08/04/13) with right to work
RC received: 22/05/13 (dated 20/05/13)

I sent in two previous applications that were returned for more evidence and each took a very long time to be considered (we don't have a straight forward case), making the total time I've been applying/waiting 15.5 months. I can't say how good this feels. In addition to everything else, my husband and I can finally go on our honeymoon.

Good luck to everyone waiting, particularly those who applied in 2012.

alijawad786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijawad786 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:45 pm

aphid wrote:Just received my RC as well. It appears they've just issued a large batch.

My timeline:
EEA2 received by HO: 21/03/13
COA received: 10/04/13 (dated 08/04/13) with right to work
RC received: 22/05/13 (dated 20/05/13)

I sent in two previous applications that were returned for more evidence and each took a very long time to be considered (we don't have a straight forward case), making the total time I've been applying/waiting 15.5 months. I can't say how good this feels. In addition to everything else, my husband and I can finally go on our honeymoon.

Good luck to everyone waiting, particularly those who applied in 2012.
hi.
my timeline is somewards same.
EEA Sent 22/3-13
HO received: 25/3
COA received 11/4 Dated 8-4-13
RC:?

checked with employer they havent ring them to check my wife employment and stuff...lets see waiting and waiting.....
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

Moon786
Newly Registered

Eea2 application timeline

Post by Moon786 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Application sent:-09-01-2013
Coa received:-06-02-2013
ID req :-19-04-2013
ID back :-20-04-2013
R c :- waiting and waiting

aaleksee
Newly Registered

Post by aaleksee » Thu May 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Did anybody try to enter UK under freedom of movement only with husband, COA and marriage certificate? I'm so tired of waiting for EEA2, I want to visit my family. I read that even if I don't have EEA family permit they must let me in the country together with my husband if I prove our relationship. I entered in France two times like that without a visa but they say in UK they might not let me in. My husband is French and I'm Russian. I know that it's written in COA that I must apply for EEA family permit but I'm afraid it might take long time and I need to go back to work. I don't want to use all my vacation just to get a new visa. Does anybody had an experience?

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Fri May 24, 2013 3:18 am

I reacently recieved my COA and I saw that my surname is wrong on the letter...On the Bio page of my passport 5 years ago there have been an error since I have 3 names they put one of my names insted the surname...but on the Corrections and Observations page there is shown my correct Surname...
when I applied for EEA2 I ve already mention them to see the corrections page....

what do you advice me guys?? Do you think I should mail or call them and mention them again about it? Since they wronged it on my COA I'm afraid that they are going to issue the RC with wrong surname.....

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 pm

miryferny wrote:I reacently recieved my COA and I saw that my surname is wrong on the letter...On the Bio page of my passport 5 years ago there have been an error since I have 3 names they put one of my names insted the surname...but on the Corrections and Observations page there is shown my correct Surname...
when I applied for EEA2 I ve already mention them to see the corrections page....

what do you advice me guys?? Do you think I should mail or call them and mention them again about it? Since they wronged it on my COA I'm afraid that they are going to issue the RC with wrong surname.....
I would write to the UKBA highlighting this error and again drawing their attention to the observations page in your passport where you say the correct name is spelled.

chinouk

EEA2&EEA3 REFUSED

Post by chinouk » Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 am

hI GUYS, after 4 months of waiting, out EEA2 AND EEA3 applications both have been refused.

I would like some advices, I would like to re-apply as soon as I can as after some studies,we believe we did not provide enough information for self-employed. but the problem is my current visa has expired, and they kept my passport asked me to leave. ( I applied as married couple, not unmarried).

Should I really need to leave, as far as I know, as family member of EEA, I dont need to leave, but how can I get my passport back?

Thanks

alijawad786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by alijawad786 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 pm

What a wonderful day what a wonderful evening...after years of wait and struggle got the proper status now.....Allahamdulillah...

Eea 2 sent 22/3/13
Received
25/3/13
Coa 10/4/13

Rc 24/5 /13 dated 16/5/13..

Good luck to u all.
See u in 5 yrs time any questions drop me a line....everything is done by our selves..
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D

miryferny
Sri Lanka

Post by miryferny » Mon May 27, 2013 3:13 am

Plum70 wrote:
miryferny wrote:I reacently recieved my COA and I saw that my surname is wrong on the letter...On the Bio page of my passport 5 years ago there have been an error since I have 3 names they put one of my names insted the surname...but on the Corrections and Observations page there is shown my correct Surname...

I would write to the UKBA highlighting this error and again drawing their attention to the observations page in your passport where you say the correct name is spelled.
Thanx plum Im thinking to write them asap..thnx

hunter1
Newly Registered
France

Re: EEA2&EEA3 REFUSED

Post by hunter1 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:31 am

chinouk wrote:hI GUYS, after 4 months of waiting, out EEA2 AND EEA3 applications both have been refused.

I would like some advices, I would like to re-apply as soon as I can as after some studies,we believe we did not provide enough information for self-employed. but the problem is my current visa has expired, and they kept my passport asked me to leave. ( I applied as married couple, not unmarried).

Should I really need to leave, as far as I know, as family member of EEA, I dont need to leave, but how can I get my passport back?

Thanks
I advice you to ask for solicitor help.

As you say you haven't provided enough supporting documents for self-employed route, then you may reapply with additional documents.

But If your solicitor says you had provided enough supporting documents, then you can challenge their decision through appeal.

I'm on the same boat, waiting for oral hearing.

EEA2 self-employed, self sufficient and job seekers routes law aren't clear, they have not mentioned clearly what documents are exactly required. Hence they reject RC easily based on their set law and regulations.

All the best!

hunter1
Newly Registered
France

Post by hunter1 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:33 am

alijawad786 wrote:What a wonderful day what a wonderful evening...after years of wait and struggle got the proper status now.....Allahamdulillah...

Eea 2 sent 22/3/13
Received
25/3/13
Coa 10/4/13

Rc 24/5 /13 dated 16/5/13..

Good luck to u all.
See u in 5 yrs time any questions drop me a line....everything is done by our selves..
Congratulations! can you tell us what supporting documents you had provided? and what was ur previous status. thanks

chinouk

Should I appeal or re-apply? Please help

Post by chinouk » Tue May 28, 2013 10:06 am

Hi guys,
Thanks for the advices about my case during the bank holiday weekend. but I would like someone had similar experiences or any Guru give me more advices if i should re-apply or appeal.

My situation is our EEA2?&EEA3 both been refused for not providing sufficient evidences for self-employed (only provide personal bank statement and 5 years tax return assessment from). We believe partly its out fault as we got all the documents in hand(invoice/receipts, business bank statement, brochure, advertisement etc). and we can Provide those straight away.

so my question is should I appeal by providing more documents ( or Am I allow do that) or I should just re-apply as soon as I can.

Thanks

Babz
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Should I appeal or re-apply? Please help

Post by Babz » Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 am

Do both...Appeal then reapply asap...appeal can take ages...
chinouk wrote:Hi guys,
Thanks for the advices about my case during the bank holiday weekend. but I would like someone had similar experiences or any Guru give me more advices if i should re-apply or appeal.

My situation is our EEA2?&EEA3 both been refused for not providing sufficient evidences for self-employed (only provide personal bank statement and 5 years tax return assessment from). We believe partly its out fault as we got all the documents in hand(invoice/receipts, business bank statement, brochure, advertisement etc). and we can Provide those straight away.

so my question is should I appeal by providing more documents ( or Am I allow do that) or I should just re-apply as soon as I can.

Thanks