ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statutory Paternity Pay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mairahsmp
Newly Registered

Statutory Paternity Pay

Post by mairahsmp » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:37 pm

I am working on HSMP and my wife is expecting a baby in June.

My company policy entitles a employee to take upto 2 weeks of paternity leave out of which 1 week is fully paid up and second week is paid at £108. I plan to take 1 week off and have been advised to complete a HM Revenue & Customs Statutory Paternity Pay / Paternity Leave form.

My question is - a) is a HSMP holder entitiled for paternity leave?;
b) Would taking paternity leave affect in any way my Settlement application that I intend to make later in the year?

Thanking you

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:45 pm

I know statutory maternity pay is not considered public funds, but I am not sure about Paternity pay. The new hsmp guidance notes actually lists the things that are not considered public funds, have a read through.
'In everything give thanks'

simar

Re: Statutory Paternity Pay

Post by simar » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:55 am

mairahsmp wrote:I am working on HSMP and my wife is expecting a baby in June.

My company policy entitles a employee to take upto 2 weeks of paternity leave out of which 1 week is fully paid up and second week is paid at £108. I plan to take 1 week off and have been advised to complete a HM Revenue & Customs Statutory Paternity Pay / Paternity Leave form.

My question is - a) is a HSMP holder entitiled for paternity leave?;
b) Would taking paternity leave affect in any way my Settlement application that I intend to make later in the year?

Thanking you

I was in similar situation. Just talk with manager and get my quote of remaining holidays from 25 days last year ( around 15) get it passed up to this year. So use them this year during inital phase of when child was born.
Why take chances. Just use them only. HO can anytime change the rules to make them as public funds if they are not now. Or better practical option is to get your mother/mother-in-law here.

mairahsmp
Newly Registered

Post by mairahsmp » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:07 pm

I looked at the HSMP guidance note. although Paternity and Maternity leave don't appear under Public funds section, I am feeling that I should not take risk by applying for paternity leave