ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: My wife flr(m)

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:18 am

mer3090 wrote:Thank you for your reply.

I don't have any contact details of the caseworker I should just send a letter to UKBA at Sheffield.

My wife's visa expired months ago when we submitted the application. I don't want to re-apply since I have applied before July 2012 and her application is under the old rule.
Ok then that's not an option.. but do contact the UKBA.. Yup write a letter or call them to see what they say

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: ILR (LR) Application

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 am

Landcruiser wrote:
Thank you for your prompt response to this matter and I would be grateful if you can reassure me that FLR (0) is still the best option available because it clearly states on the FLR (0) rules that one cannot apply under private life route to complete his/her 10 years for that matter.If that's the case, then I am still not going for a straightforward application anyway isn't it ?. It also states that early applications MAY be refused and applicants will have to re-apply once the 10 year threshold reaches by paying full fee.

It was, is and never will be about money as I will be paying , if circumstances evolve, a lot more to solicitors in appeals, fresh applications etc etc..One can never save a few bucks when feeding these hungry ducks !! and little do they extend us the much deserved gratitude by at least processing our visa's early ;)

And more importantly, If FLR (0) is the only possible solution, can i apply that in person ?

Eagerly look forward to your response to this matter .....
I think few days ago Daminisshallo suggested this option... And he also had an example.. So it is better to have an advice from him..coz I am not 100% sure

What visa are you on at the moment... are u married.. give us some more details about yourself.. may be you will have another option

suzuka23

Re: VISA

Post by suzuka23 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 am

saanju9 wrote:
suzuka23 wrote:
ppycrmt wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am due to apply my ILR this coming July, I am currently on Post Study Work visa and I have already done my Biometric Card.

Will this speed the application process up? Has anyone who applied for ILR has sent their biometric card with their application? Please give me your timeline if you had.

Many Thanks in advance :)

Ppycrmt

Yes, I sent my BRP with the application and unfortunately it's taking 7-8 months :(
Unfortunately, you need to give your Biometrics again with ILR.. that means you will be invited for biometrics and you have to give your finger prints in the post office again for this application...

suzuka@ have you done yours with this application?? If not and if it passed 7-8 months..may be you should do something about it

Anyways guys don't worry things are getting better now and hopefully you will not wait for longer periods anymore

I am a January applicant. it's is taking around 8 months to get a reply by looking at the Skydrive

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm

suzuka23 wrote:
I am a January applicant. it's is taking around 8 months to get a reply by looking at the Skydrive

Have u done your biometrics

suzuka23

Post by suzuka23 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:22 pm

saanju9 wrote:
suzuka23 wrote:

Have u done your biometrics

Yes in February

zhenyu0807
Newly Registered

Application approved

Post by zhenyu0807 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:55 pm

I finally got my application approved!!! Not much joy though, 9 months and 3 days of waiting....

mer3090
Newly Registered

Post by mer3090 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Thank you for your response.

How about the fax numb you have provided, could I use this fax number for such matters?

saanju9 wrote:

I don't have any contact details of the caseworker I should just send a letter to UKBA at Sheffield.

My wife's visa expired months ago when we submitted the application. I don't want to re-apply since I have applied before July 2012 and her application is under the old rule.
Ok then that's not an option.. but do contact the UKBA.. Yup write a letter or call them to see what they say

Landcruiser
Newly Registered

Post by Landcruiser » Tue May 21, 2013 7:37 pm

saanju9 wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:
Thank you for your prompt response to this matter and I would be grateful if you can reassure me that FLR (0) is still the best option available because it clearly states on the FLR (0) rules that one cannot apply under private life route to complete his/her 10 years for that matter.If that's the case, then I am still not going for a straightforward application anyway isn't it ?. It also states that early applications MAY be refused and applicants will have to re-apply once the 10 year threshold reaches by paying full fee.

It was, is and never will be about money as I will be paying , if circumstances evolve, a lot more to solicitors in appeals, fresh applications etc etc..One can never save a few bucks when feeding these hungry ducks !! and little do they extend us the much deserved gratitude by at least processing our visa's early ;)

And more importantly, If FLR (0) is the only possible solution, can i apply that in person ?

I think few days ago Daminisshallo suggested this option... And he also had an example.. So it is better to have an advice from him..coz I am not 100% sure

What visa are you on at the moment... are u married.. give us some more details about yourself.. may be you will have another option
I am currently on a PSW visa and yes I am married and living with my wife who is on PSW dependant . I also have a 4 month old daughter born in the UK . There is also another important issue which I want to bring to your attention and that is a one big 7.5 months gap in my stay which has happenned only as a result of me being stranded in Saudi Arabia due to a grave clerical error caused by Saudi immigration authorities and the whole process taking around 5 months to get resolved which normally takes a mere 5 days . I used to visit Saudi Arabia every year for 10-14 days to gain an exit-re-entry Visa where my parents are based but due to some sudden changes in saudi immigration laws together with an administrative error from the saudi authorities, I couldnt even manage to exit the country without gaining a final exit visa which was only secured after 5 months long struggle with the saudi immigartion authorities. I have all the relevant paperwork as evidence which is why I was hoping to apply for SET (LR) straight away as I can foresee a rejection due to this ..
Your Kind advise is very much awaited......Thank you

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Landcruiser wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:

I am currently on a PSW visa and yes I am married and living with my wife who is on PSW dependant . I also have a 4 month old daughter born in the UK . There is also another important issue which I want to bring to your attention and that is a one big 7.5 months gap in my stay which has happenned only as a result of me being stranded in Saudi Arabia due to a grave clerical error caused by Saudi immigration authorities and the whole process taking around 5 months to get resolved which normally takes a mere 5 days . I used to visit Saudi Arabia every year for 10-14 days to gain an exit-re-entry Visa where my parents are based but due to some sudden changes in saudi immigration laws together with an administrative error from the saudi authorities, I couldnt even manage to exit the country without gaining a final exit visa which was only secured after 5 months long struggle with the saudi immigartion authorities. I have all the relevant paperwork as evidence which is why I was hoping to apply for SET (LR) straight away as I can foresee a rejection due to this ..
Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
 been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK
 spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period. Time spent outside the UK
Continuous residence is not considered broken if the applicant:
 is absent from the UK for 180 days or less at any one time, and  had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and when they returned – this can
include leave gained at port when returning to the UK as a non visa national, see related link: Information for non-visa nationals.
If the applicant had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and returned to the UK, the existing leave does not have to be in the same category on departure and return. For example, an applicant can leave the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student and return with leave as a spouse of a settled person. Continuous residence is not broken as the applicant had valid leave both when they left and returned to the UK.
If an applicant was in the UK with a right to reside under European Economic Area (EEA) regulations when they left the UK and was re-admitted under the EEA regulations, continuous residence is not broken.
Godgives

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:10 am

mer3090 wrote:Thank you for your response.

How about the fax numb you have provided, could I use this fax number for such matters?

saanju9 wrote:

I don't know what the Fax number is mate... If its given by someone else in this Forum you can try it... nothing wrong in trying

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 am

mer3090 wrote: I don't have any contact details of the caseworker I should just send a letter to UKBA at Sheffield.

Refer to this template for fax number.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

RK001002
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting

Post by RK001002 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Got my BRP card today after 20 days of approval letter.
Happy its over now! good luck to those who are still waiting...
RK001002 wrote:I thought my waiting time was over after i got the approval letter after 8 months but I was wrong I still haven't received my BRP after 10 working days. Emailed them today to look into this but no reply yet. Called dx courier as well but they don't have anything for me...
can someone please shed some light on what could be the problem? And
I want to apply for flr-m for my wife after i get the card, do i need to send my passport and BRP with it or copies will suffice? Need to look for new job can't afford to let my passport go again. or would certified copies be okay?
Many thanks

z18runway

Re: Still waiting

Post by z18runway » Wed May 22, 2013 8:23 pm

RK001002 wrote:Got my BRP card today after 20 days of approval letter.
Happy its over now! good luck to those who are still waiting...
RK001002 wrote:I thought my waiting time was over after i got the approval letter after 8 months but I was wrong I still haven't received my BRP after 10 working days. Emailed them today to look into this but no reply yet. Called dx courier as well but they don't have anything for me...
can someone please shed some light on what could be the problem? And
I want to apply for flr-m for my wife after i get the card, do i need to send my passport and BRP with it or copies will suffice? Need to look for new job can't afford to let my passport go again. or would certified copies be okay?
Many thanks
your timeline pls

Mani786
Newly Registered

Variation of Leave question.....

Post by Mani786 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:04 am

Hi
My wife has applied in Feb-2013 on Long Residence Base, currently she was on Tier-1 General, I applied with my son on FLR M, but now I have reached also to complete my 10 years Long Residence, I would seek any advice that what should I do now, and about my son as well. What will be the procedure. Response would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Mani...

joy_kavee

SET (LR)

Post by joy_kavee » Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 am

Hello

Just wondering if it might be a good idea to create a new folder under SET(LR). This is the new form to be used for 10 year rule.

Instead of all queries under 10 yr rule to go to SET(0), the moderators might consider creating SET(LR) as it looks like it's a different department/caseworker/place dealing with SET(LR) compared to SET(o) for 10 yr rule only.

Any views?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Variation of Leave question.....

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 23, 2013 9:33 am

Mani786 wrote:Hi
My wife has applied in Feb-2013 on Long Residence Base, currently she was on Tier-1 General, I applied with my son on FLR M, but now I have reached also to complete my 10 years Long Residence, I would seek any advice that what should I do now, and about my son as well. What will be the procedure. Response would be highly appreciated.
You can vary (See Page 33) your application to SET(LR) by paying the excess fee. You haven't mentioned about your son (UK-Born/Born Abroad) So, I am unable to make any suggestions on him?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

akbhat
Newly Registered

Re: 9 months today!!!

Post by akbhat » Thu May 23, 2013 10:29 am

Yes, i'm in exactly same situation. Its been 9 months and contacted UKBA couple of times. All they say is my application is still incomplete. I'm an August applicant too with a Tier1 Dependent Visa..
I wish I get my BRP and passport soon! :(

saanju9
Member of Standing

Re: SET (LR)

Post by saanju9 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:51 am

joy_kavee wrote:Hello

Just wondering if it might be a good idea to create a new folder under SET(LR). This is the new form to be used for 10 year rule.

Instead of all queries under 10 yr rule to go to SET(0), the moderators might consider creating SET(LR) as it looks like it's a different department/caseworker/place dealing with SET(LR) compared to SET(o) for 10 yr rule only.

Any views?
I think this is a dedicated 10 Yr Long Residency thread...so it is not a good idea to create duplicate folder just because the form is changed...

If necessary, this Folder name can be edited (add SET(LR) to the name)..

Its hard for people to go to folders ... at least for sometime... to get information...

T&T
Newly Registered

?wrong decision

Post by T&T » Thu May 23, 2013 11:02 am

Hi Damani and other senior members,

Kindly help with this query. I received my ILR on the 18th April 2013. But before this we had applied for my husband's on SET M as he was qualified in his own right for ILR since November 2012. For my husband's application we submitted his passport and LIUK test result.

We were surprised to receive Home office decision today which gave my husband Leave to Remain valid until November 2015 (?2 years). We felt my husband application must have been treated as FLRM even though he applied for SET M and completed a SET M form.

We are not sure of how to proceed. On one hand we thought of writing a reconsideration letter to challenge their decision but also thought maybe we should just book appointment for premium service and submit another application for his ILR. He was previously on a Tier 2 General dependant Visa and he entered the UK on the 1st of November 2002.
Thanks

Landcruiser
Newly Registered

Post by Landcruiser » Thu May 23, 2013 11:02 am

GodGives wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:
saanju9 wrote:
Landcruiser wrote:

Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
 been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK
 spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period. Time spent outside the UK
Continuous residence is not considered broken if the applicant:
 is absent from the UK for 180 days or less at any one time, and  had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and when they returned – this can
include leave gained at port when returning to the UK as a non visa national, see related link: Information for non-visa nationals.
If the applicant had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and returned to the UK, the existing leave does not have to be in the same category on departure and return. For example, an applicant can leave the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student and return with leave as a spouse of a settled person. Continuous residence is not broken as the applicant had valid leave both when they left and returned to the UK.
If an applicant was in the UK with a right to reside under European Economic Area (EEA) regulations when they left the UK and was re-admitted under the EEA regulations, continuous residence is not broken.

Thank you very much for the above but we all know the obvious. I dont know if you have also read the exercise of discretion bit in the same document.......and also a brand new PDF from Home office about calculating continuous residence and exercise of discretion which goes as follows:

Absences of more than 180 days in each consecutive 12 month period preceding the date of application (in all categories) will mean the continuous period has been broken. However, consideration may still be given to granting indefinite leave to remain (ILR) outside the rules if evidence is provided to show the excessive absence was due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons.
Evidence, in the form of a letter from the applicant setting out full details of the compelling reason for the absence and supporting documents must be provided.
Absences in excess of 180 days in any 12 month period for employment or economic activity reasons are not considered exceptional.
Discretion will only be applied as authorised at senior executive officer (SEO) level.

This would actually had been more relevant to the query I had and someone else who might have a similar plight. Anyways Thanks

sudhirbph

My timeline

Post by sudhirbph » Thu May 23, 2013 11:34 am

applied 07/01/13
acknowledgement: 10/01/13
Biometric: 09/02/13
Aproval letter: 23/05/13
BRP: waiting
just short of 5 months....things are improving. :D

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ?wrong decision

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu May 23, 2013 11:44 am

T&T wrote:Hi Damani and other senior members,

Kindly help with this query. I received my ILR on the 18th April 2013. But before this we had applied for my husband's on SET M as he was qualified in his own right for ILR since November 2012. For my husband's application we submitted his passport and LIUK test result.

We were surprised to receive Home office decision today which gave my husband Leave to Remain valid until November 2015 (?2 years). We felt my husband application must have been treated as FLRM even though he applied for SET M and completed a SET M form.

We are not sure of how to proceed. On one hand we thought of writing a reconsideration letter to challenge their decision but also thought maybe we should just book appointment for premium service and submit another application for his ILR. He was previously on a Tier 2 General dependant Visa and he entered the UK on the 1st of November 2002.
Thanks
SET(M) wrote:Can I apply using this form?
You should use application form SET(M) if you:

currently have temporary permission to remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled here;
I am assuming your ILR was based on 10 Yr LR (As you've not mentioned it). If this is the case then you've used the wrong form. You should've used FLR(M). From the above quote it is clear that to use SET(M) the main applicant should either be British Citizen or a Settled Person which wasn't the case with yourselves.

However, the good news is you've got it processed. Your husband is eligible to apply for ILR on SET(M) any time from now since his previous stay was on a route to settlement.
Skydrives, Templates

sudhirbph

Re: My timeline

Post by sudhirbph » Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 am

sudhirbph wrote:applied 07/01/13
acknowledgement: 10/01/13
Biometric: 09/02/13
Aproval letter: 23/05/13
BRP: waiting
just short of 5 months....things are improving. :D
Please someone put this on skydrive..sorry i am not very good with computers :x

T&T
Newly Registered

Re: ?wrong decision

Post by T&T » Thu May 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
T&T wrote:Hi Damani and other senior members,

Thanks
SET(M) wrote:Can I apply using this form?
You should use application form SET(M) if you:

currently have temporary permission to remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-gender partner of a British citizen or a person settled here;
I am assuming your ILR was based on 10 Yr LR (As you've not mentioned it). If this is the case then you've used the wrong form. You should've used FLR(M). From the above quote it is clear that to use SET(M) the main applicant should either be British Citizen or a Settled Person which wasn't the case with yourselves.

However, the good news is you've got it processed. Your husband is eligible to apply for ILR on SET(M) any time from now since his previous stay was on a route to settlement.
Thanks Damani, Yes my ILR was based on 10 years long residence (5.5 years on student visa and 4.5 years on Tier 2 General). We felt as he was already qualified for ILR in his own right through long residence we could use SET M form and link that to my own application. Possibly the confusion came from there!

I assume from your response, we should make a fresh SET (M) application rather than write a reconsideration letter to the home office?.
Thanks

Monoo7800
Newly Registered

Post by Monoo7800 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Dear All

The following is my timeline:
Application sent: November 28th 2012
Acknowledgement Letter Received: December 6th 2012

Still waiting for an invite for Biometrics, still waiting for approval letter. It has now been 5 months and 2 weeks.

I already had a Tier 1 biometric residence permit which was submitted with my applcation. Am I supposed to register for biometrics again?? If so, it seems clear that I will not receive my approval letter within the 6 month period. Does anybody have any advice on what to do? I'm planning on writing to my MP. Is there any point in calling the UKBA before the 6 month cut off?