ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am divorced from my Husband/sponsor , and i now plan.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humble1
Newly Registered

I am divorced from my Husband/sponsor , and i now plan.....

Post by humble1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi
wonder if u guys can help me. i came to the uk on a settlement visa which expires in feb o8 , but i only was with my ex husband for a few months after which we separated. i am now planning to marry someone else who is also a british citizen. , but do i need to re apply for my visa or can i just change my sponsors details.and do i need to go back to my country of origin or can it all be done over here in the uk. thanks

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: I am divorced from my Husband/sponsor , and i now plan..

Post by olisun » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:17 pm

humble1 wrote:Hi
wonder if u guys can help me. i came to the uk on a settlement visa which expires in feb o8 , but i only was with my ex husband for a few months after which we separated. i am now planning to marry someone else who is also a british citizen. , but do i need to re apply for my visa or can i just change my sponsors details.and do i need to go back to my country of origin or can it all be done over here in the uk. thanks
Have you completed you divorce proceedings or just decided to call it a day?

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:33 pm

well it was a religious divorce.so no paper work . although i can get it from my country.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:59 pm

humble1 wrote:well it was a religious divorce.so no paper work . although i can get it from my country.
Are religious divorces accepted? I do not know...you will need to check with someone (from this board, a solicitor, CAB....). If it is not accepted, you will need to legally divorce....hmm...I am thinking you can't apply for any visa in the UK, since your spouse visa will be cancelled once you are divorced....and of course the BIA will need to be notified of this, in order of you to marry someone else...so you might have to leave the country.

Others can help me out....(I am thinking out loud!)

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:59 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but when you come to submit your next application (I doubt you can just transfer names) won't you need to provide some evidence of your previous marriage having ended in official divorce?

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:30 pm

what if i go back to my country and make a fresh application there. get a divorce certificate or something made,

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:14 pm

You need a proper divorce before you can move on. Also you might find the ECO's a bit reluctant to issue another fiance/spouse visa so soon after another, so make sure you've got top notch documentation and pass all the tests.

humble1
Newly Registered

Post by humble1 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:16 am

what type of documentation would i need? any tips ? and what tests ?