ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Landcruiser
Newly Registered

ILR long residence application

Post by Landcruiser » Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 am

Damanishallo,

I have been a silent visitor to this forum and would like to inquire about my ILR (LR) application. I am falling short of 2.5 months to complete the 10 year period as my visa will be expiring end of June. I would like to know two things :

Taking note of the processing timescale of vast majority of applicants taking 6 months or more , Can I apply for ILR (LR) in june itself and prepare myself, if needed be, for an appeal after at least 3 months of my application which would then complete the term or Is FLR(O) under private life the only option to bridge the short gap?

Secondly, I would like to know if I can apply for FLR (O) under private life at a PEO office ?

Your kind advise is much awaited. Thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:02 pm

the normal processing time is 6 months and if you have all relevant documents then you can prepare your case yourself. At the moment the long residence application can only be applied via post.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm

you can only apply before 28 days of your ten years if you do earlier than this they are going to refuse it straight away...so you need to have some sort of extenstion to cover 2 n half months..

it is advisable to complete ten years before you apply or at least within 28 days before but you should have valid leave to remain when you apply