ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce / Talaq - 2nd marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knowledge_seeker

Divorce / Talaq - 2nd marriage

Post by knowledge_seeker » Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Hello guys,

I am in a dilemma right now. Please help as I have exhausted almost all avenues to find the answer. I divorced my first wife back in May 2011. I am applying for my 2nd wife's spouse settlement visa next month. I have two questions:

1- What documents do I need to submit with visa application supporting my first marriage is dissolved long ago. A letter from Union Council stating divorce is registered will suffice?

2- When I applied for HSMP (Tier 1) Extension back in 2009 I put my marital status as SINGLE however I was in Nikkah at the time. Also when I applied for ILR last year I again put my status as SINGLE, however i got divorced a year before applying for ILR. Do you think mentioning in Spouse application form that I am divorced can create problems and affect the outcome of the application decision?

Please help. I would really appreciate.
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Divorce / Talaq - 2nd marriage

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 pm

knowledge_seeker wrote:Do you think mentioning in Spouse application form that I am divorced can create problems and affect the outcome of the application decision?
Yes, if you have previously stated that you were single during times when you were not. But to mention, again, that you are single (never been married rather than single again) would be a false statement. Sounds like you need to speak to a professional to work out the best approach out of this mess.