ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent Refusal - Can sponsor maintain dependent?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immBoardusr1
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent Refusal - Can sponsor maintain dependent?

Post by immBoardusr1 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Hi ,
My friend got a refusal for my wife's Tier 2 dependent visa application.

The reason stated was that he did not have enough funds.
he submitted his bank account statement which had a closing balance which was well above the pound 1500 ( 900 + 600 ) required for him and his wife
But they said that during the 3 month at one point the balance fell to 200 pounds which was not acceptable to them.

My questions now is ..
1. Should he appeal or reapply ? he is tending towards re applying as from what i read reapplying is faster than making an appeal.
2. his sponsor has mentioned Y as answer to question in COS which said
"Tick to confirm the sponsor certifies maintenance for the migrant"
Will getting a letter from the sponsor stating that they will sponsor my friends wife be enough ?
What is the amount that the sponsor should put in the letter ?
Does the letter need to be original with stamp or can i submit the printout of the scanned copy of the letter ?

Additionally .. is it ok to show a fixed deposit as a fund for his wife ?

Appreciate any help on above,

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 pm

Sorry whose wife is it?

What were the documents submitted with the original dependent visa application?

Sponsor can certify maintenance of the migrants family too by giving a letter but it depends when the migrant arrived in UK.

Original/Fax copy of letter is acceptable.

If he's been here for more than 12 months, he needs to have sufficient funds for a continuous period of last 3 months.

Yes, reapplying may be faster than appealing, not sure if you even have an option to appeal.

Fixed Deposits are acceptable as long as you can convince UKBA that cash in Fixed Deposits is immediately accessible if need arises.

immBoardusr1
Newly Registered

Post by immBoardusr1 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:58 pm

lawabidingimmigrant wrote:Sorry whose wife is it?
:) I meant to say the spouse of a tier 2 visa holder...
the sponsor can certify maintenance for the spouse as well as the actual employee to whome they gave COS right?

The document submitted with original visa application was
1. bank statements
2. COS of main applicant
3. Copy of tier 2 visa page of main applicant passport.

In the new application would just submit the letter from sponsor indicating that they are willing to sponsor spouse as well as main applicant ..
Plus COS and offer letter etc.
will that be enough?

mindocs
Newly Registered

Post by mindocs » Thu May 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi lawabidingimmigrant!

Could you clarify your answer about the Sponsor certifying maintenance?

I am going to go back my home country from UK to applying for the Tier 2 Dependant VISA. My spouse got a letter from her employer confirming they will also support my maintenance as part of personal fund for my application. But you said it depends when the migrant arrived in the UK. What did you mean?

My wife - the main applicant arrived in the UK in 2008. Mine was in 2007.
lawabidingimmigrant wrote:Sorry whose wife is it?

What were the documents submitted with the original dependent visa application?

Sponsor can certify maintenance of the migrants family too by giving a letter but it depends when the migrant arrived in UK.

Original/Fax copy of letter is acceptable.

If he's been here for more than 12 months, he needs to have sufficient funds for a continuous period of last 3 months.

Yes, reapplying may be faster than appealing, not sure if you even have an option to appeal.

Fixed Deposits are acceptable as long as you can convince UKBA that cash in Fixed Deposits is immediately accessible if need arises.

lawabidingimmigrant

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu May 30, 2013 4:50 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/

What maintenance (funds) dependants must have

To be eligible for permission to stay (leave to remain) as a dependant of a tier 2 applicant, your dependant must show that they have enough personal funds to support themselves for the entire time of stay here.

You and your dependants should have already assessed the potential living costs, based on past living expenses, to make sure that you have enough funds to support yourselves.

If you or your dependants are unable to meet the maintenance requirements, your application will be refused.

If the main applicant under tier 2 is outside the UK or has been in the UK for less than 12 months, the family member must show that the main applicant or the dependant has at least £600 to support the dependant as well as the funds needed to support the main applicant. This is unless the sponsor of the migrant has agreed to maintain and accommodate the dependant until the end of the first month.

If the main applicant has been present in the UK for 12 months or more, the main applicant or the family member of the Tier 2 applicant must have £600 to support themselves.

For example, if you are the main applicant and you are bringing 2 children with you to the United Kingdom, you must have your £900 for your maintenance (funds) and £1,200 for your children, so a total of £2,100.

mangalpraveen
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Dependent Refusal - Can sponsor maintain dependen

Post by mangalpraveen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi
You have to re-apply for dependent under Tier 2 dependent visa category.
I also did the same in last month, their current visa are invalid now since they are relying on your previous VISA.

any query welcome