ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job title - NQF Level 4 or above - UKBA QUERY

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Job title - NQF Level 4 or above - UKBA QUERY

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:13 am

Hello my dear friends,

I am applying for the tier 1 entrepreneur visa (£50000) from psw.

I have started an IT support company. I am the director of my company and will be sub contracting the work to IT contractors.

I do not have a IT background. I have 2 job titles in my mind that suit my education and experience. I am just confused as to which one I should select.

PS: The reason I am confused because it says in the guidance that "It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business" "We will not take into account the tasks involved with the running of the business for this assessment."

Here they are:

1. Market Research Analyst - NQF Level 4
2. Business Support Manager - NQF Level 4
3. Business Development Manager - NQF Level 6

Could you please give suggestions as to which job title I should go for please?

God Bless You All !

Regards,
Salim

sweetlove
Newly Registered

Post by sweetlove » Wed May 22, 2013 1:02 am

i think if you need expert advice here then you need to cleary explain your qualification then only some one can answer you..
also mean time, google job 'duties' & roles of the short list titles ( the one you are confused) and see which duties are close to you...god luck..

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:09 am

Hi Sweetlove,

Thank you for the reply.

I have already searched the job description of all the 3 roles. I have done a general MBA and with my work experience all the 3 titles match but I am wondering what would be acceptable to UKBA?

Are all the 3 job titles ok?

The point I am confused with is - "It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business" "We will not take into account the tasks involved with the running of the business for this assessment."

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Salim

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Job title - NQF Level 4 or above - UKBA QUERY

Post by rehan01 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:46 am

all 3 titles are fine but its something for you to decide what you want to opt for and how comfortable you are about it and if you are called for interview how you will handle it ... its entirely you call so do your homework and decide what fits best.

regards
Entrepreneur9 wrote:Hello my dear friends,

I have started an IT support company. I am the director of my company and will be sub contracting the work to IT contractors.

I do not have a IT background. I have 2 job titles in my mind that suit my education and experience. I am just confused as to which one I should select.

PS: The reason I am confused because it says in the guidance that "It excludes any work involved in administration, marketing or website functions for the business" "We will not take into account the tasks involved with the running of the business for this assessment."

Here they are:

God Bless You All !

Regards,
Salim

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Wed May 22, 2013 9:19 am

monolyte

Re: Job title - NQF Level 4 or above - UKBA QUERY

Post by monolyte » Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 am

Entrepreneur9 wrote:Hello my dear friends,

Here they are:

God Bless You All !

Regards,
Salim
FROM MY OBSERVATION, I THINK 95% OF GUYS APPLYING FOR THIS T 1 E VISA ARE CLAIMING TO RUN IT BUSINESS. DONT YOU THINK YOU SHOULD THINK OUT SOMETHING DIFFERENT? I SAY SO BECAUSE THE UKBA WILL HAVE LOTS OF TEMPLATE TO COMPARE YOUR APP WITH AND WHERE U FALL SHORT YOU MAYBE INTERVIEWED OR REFUSED AS THEY HAVE TREATED LOTS OF IT BUSINESS APP.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks Rehan01 , RizKCB.

Entrepreneur9
Member of Standing

Post by Entrepreneur9 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:01 pm

monolyte - Hi there, yes you are completely right. The problem is that I cant think of any other business other than this.

The reason I chose this business is because what I used to do is more or less related to IT.

I used to buy smartphones and laptops in large quantities and used to sell them individually. However I cant show this business as it is not NQF Level 4 and above. That is what the problem is?

Which is why I have established an IT solutions company and hence im applying for the visa.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance