ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Tue May 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Sarah06 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:So unbelievable i rang ukba just now the lady i spoke to take my details she ask me when i made the application i told her 5th october 2012,she ask what sort of application isit i told her FLR O extension she ask if i have completed my biometric as yet i told her yes the 1st march 2013,then her response was they only check progress of application 12 weeks after biometric is taken.....shake my head ukba is nothing but jokes...... :( :evil: :( ...wont be calling back that office again its just waste of time and money

@ Sanny, I rang them today and got the same message to wait, untill l hear fr them. Crap agency

Hun how long u been waiting for? Are u doing an extension aswel?

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Tue May 21, 2013 6:42 pm

OK folks, I am very pleased to let you know that my application for discretionary leave (extension) has been approved and I have been granted a Visa to remain in the UK for another 3 years before I could be eligible to apply for an indefinite leave in 2016, after which I could apply for a UK passport in 2017.

I came to Britain more than 18 years ago, as a child in 1994, now I am 33. I had initially been given discretionary leave in April 2010 for three years which expired in April 2013. Here’s my timeline.

Application submitted: 28 March 2013 – Set FLR (O)
Payment taken: 05 April
Application Acknowledgement received: 09 April
Letter received for biometrics: 12 April
Biometrics taken: 15 April
UKBA wrote to my solicitor: 13 May
Letter received from my solicitor: 21 May – application successful
Documents received from solicitor: 21 May

Everything went nice and smoothly without having to wait for months :)

I wish a very good luck to all those who have been waiting for many months and as a result of that, you are unable to find work or travel back home to meet your loved ones, I can understand your anxieties.

Just a piece of advice to all new applicants before you apply, please make sure you apply through a solicitor if you can afford, even if it’s only for an extension, I know it costs you more to apply through a solicitor but it’s worth it in the end. Both times, in 2010 and in 2013, I applied through my solicitor, just for a peace of mind… and on both occasions my application was processed successfully and I didn’t have to wait too long.

Anyways good luck everybody. I hope you hear from the UKBA very shortly.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Procrastinator wrote:OK folks, I am very pleased to let you know that my application for discretionary leave (extension) has been approved and I have been granted a Visa to remain in the UK for another 3 years before I could be eligible to apply for an indefinite leave in 2016, after which I could apply for a UK passport in 2017.

I came to Britain more than 18 years ago, as a child in 1994, now I am 33. I had initially been given discretionary leave in April 2010 for three years which expired in April 2013. Here’s my timeline.

Application submitted: 28 March 2013 – Set FLR (O)
Payment taken: 05 April
Application Acknowledgement received: 09 April
Letter received for biometrics: 12 April
Biometrics taken: 15 April
UKBA wrote to my solicitor: 13 May
Letter received from my solicitor: 21 May – application successful
Documents received from solicitor: 21 May

Everything went nice and smoothly without having to wait for months :)

I wish a very good luck to all those who have been waiting for many months and as a result of that, you are unable to find work or travel back home to meet your loved ones, I can understand your anxieties.

Just a piece of advice to all new applicants before you apply, please make sure you apply through a solicitor if you can afford, even if it’s only for an extension, I know it costs you more to apply through a solicitor but it’s worth it in the end. Both times, in 2010 and in 2013, I applied through my solicitor, just for a peace of mind… and on both occasions my application was processed successfully and I didn’t have to wait too long.

Anyways good luck everybody. I hope you hear from the UKBA very shortly.
Congrats and good luck in the future!

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Tue May 21, 2013 7:55 pm

Time503 wrote:
Thank you.

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Tue May 21, 2013 8:27 pm

Procrastinator wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Thank you.
Thanks for sharing your story!!! Congratulations!! :D
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Tue May 21, 2013 8:54 pm

cookies wrote:
Procrastinator wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Thank you.
Congrats to all those applicants who has managed to secure a visa under the new rules to prioritise new applications leaving behind old applications.

This is truly absurd, not any faults of the applicants I must add.

Could we not parade our six weeks time frame as there are applicants here who are truly distress, and have their lives placed on hold , where the forum has been providing hope and support.
This value seems to be deminishing.

As you can see from previous post applicants feel this is unfair. Could we hear from all applicants who has been waiting for considerable length of time and update on such applications.

kuruvi

Post by kuruvi » Tue May 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Waiting since July 2012.

dikha
Newly Registered

flr waiting

Post by dikha » Tue May 21, 2013 9:23 pm

hi there same as most of you waitinf since july 2012 have done my biometric dec 2013 but just talk to my sollicitor they say they want to send preaction letter but will cost me extra 480 is it normal

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: flr waiting

Post by GodGives » Tue May 21, 2013 9:33 pm

dikha wrote:hi there same as most of you waitinf since july 2012 have done my biometric dec 2013 but just talk to my sollicitor they say they want to send preaction letter but will cost me extra 480 is it normal
It's best you wait. Letter from solicitor Will not hasten the process. Contact Ur local Mp for assistance. I have been waiting for 14months
Godgives

Chidy

Post by Chidy » Tue May 21, 2013 9:46 pm

I would like to ask you to be patient. The UKBA is under tremendous pressure. They do have to start somewhere. First In First Out (FIFO) or Last In First Out (LIFO), they have to answer us, we pay for it and we could ask them at some point to refund our fee for taking unnecessary long time to deal with our case. They used to take years to make decision, not any more. I know many of us are very anxious but there is no reason to be depressed. I lost my job because of the delay. But I am still waiting, hoping they will send me a decision. I hope you all calm down and wait patiently for the answer.

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue May 21, 2013 10:39 pm

dikha wrote:hi there same as most of you waitinf since july 2012 have done my biometric dec 2013 but just talk to my sollicitor they say they want to send preaction letter but will cost me extra 480 is it normal
Your solicitor is a thief and I would advice you to simply swap for another one after you get a decision on yr application .how could yr solicitor ask for another £480 after all the stress you have been through since the last 10 months of waiting?.some of these so called lawyers are just after there fee and no consideration about the client.dont pay a penny because preaction letter will make no difference.just contact yr local Mp and also write a letter to the new immigration minister(mark Harper mp)yrself.i wish u all that are still waiting for decision a good luck

cookies
Scotland

Post by cookies » Tue May 21, 2013 10:55 pm

babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:
Procrastinator wrote:
Time503 wrote:
Thank you.
Congrats to all those applicants who has managed to secure a visa under the new rules to prioritise new applications leaving behind old applications.

Could we not parade our six weeks time frame as there are applicants here who are truly distress, and have their lives placed on hold , where the forum has been providing hope and support.

As you can see from previous post applicants feel this is unfair. Could we hear from all applicants who has been waiting for considerable length of time and update on such applications.
Hi Babycakes,

I understand your distress, however I don't believe people who are getting a decision quickly are bragging or wanting to intentionally upset others, I just truly believe they are surprised and happy and wish to share with the forum. I mean, after all, that's what this forum is about "FLR(O) waiting times and timelines..." We will all get a decision sooner or later, but I'm still open and happy for those who do get it faster, we must not lose hope and keep strong. =x
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

dikha
Newly Registered

Post by dikha » Tue May 21, 2013 10:57 pm

GodGives wrote:
It's best you wait. Letter from solicitor Will not hasten the process. Contact Ur local Mp for assistance. I have been waiting for 14months

many tanx

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Tue May 21, 2013 10:59 pm

Your solicitor is a thief and I would advice you to simply swap for another one after you get a decision on yr application .how could yr solicitor ask for another £480 after all the stress you have been through since the last 10 months of waiting?.some of these so called lawyers are just after there fee and no consideration about the client.dont pay a penny because preaction letter will make no difference.just contact yr local Mp and also write a letter to the new immigration minister(mark Harper mp)yrself.i wish u all that are still waiting for decision a good luck

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 12:16 am

Chidy wrote:I would like to ask you to be patient. The UKBA is under tremendous pressure. They do have to start somewhere. First In First Out (FIFO) or Last In First Out (LIFO), they have to answer us, we pay for it and we could ask them at some point to refund our fee for taking unnecessary long time to deal with our case. They used to take years to make decision, not any more. I know many of us are very anxious but there is no reason to be depressed. I lost my job because of the delay. But I am still waiting, hoping they will send me a decision. I hope you all calm down and wait patiently for the answer.
Wait patiently? Are you serious have you seen dispatches ukba under cover?
Ukba/ home office are in competent the fees keeps rising then services deteriorate, cant you see we aren't been treated fairy here? How many Waite for years only to get a refusal letter. Lives are being placed on hold we are human, application as far as 15 years are still outstanding. They are under pressure whose fault is that,cutting staff then recruiting temporary workers at minimum wage to clear the back log. This system is broken an needs fixing processing new application at the detriment of the old is not the way to go. It just show how crazy these people are.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am

cookies wrote:
babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:
Procrastinator wrote:
Thank you.

Hi Babycakes,

I understand your distress, however I don't believe people who are getting a decision quickly are bragging or wanting to intentionally upset others, I just truly believe they are surprised and happy and wish to share with the forum. I mean, after all, that's what this forum is about "FLR(O) waiting times and timelines..." We will all get a decision sooner or later, but I'm still open and happy for those who do get it faster, we must not lose hope and keep strong. =x

My point is as you can see the majority has been waiting months and even years. Applications have been pushed aside to prioritise new, which means the back log can take years to clear. This is home office words not mine, so place your self in the shoe of someone that has been waiting 3 years only to hear that a colleague got response with 6 weeks.

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 am

abc.
Last edited by Procrastinator on Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Post by Procrastinator » Wed May 22, 2013 2:02 am

cookies wrote: Hi Babycakes,

Thanks for the good wishes cookies... and I respect your thoughts... I'd have wished and celebrated other peoples' success just as you are doing for mine... unfortunately, some people are jealous, just because their decision have not been made on their applications yet.

I wish you hear a good news from UKBA very soon.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:49 am

@procrastinator..

Firstly I will say a big n happy congrats to you and hope you enjoy the freedom and future ahead of you as all we need is good news regardless the time waited I've been waiting for 12months now appied june and done bio on august still no reply yet contact mp n got reply saying application has a compassionate case on it and its in a que waiting decision but still you have to see where @babycake coming from !!!!! I see no sign of jelousy from babycakes post only expresing feelings towards ukba / not ur success :)

Wish every1 all d best of luck cheers

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 am

ONLYME1 wrote:@procrastinator..

Firstly I will say a big n happy congrats to you and hope you enjoy the freedom and future ahead of you as all we need is good news regardless the time waited I've been waiting for 12months now appied june and done bio on august still no reply yet contact mp n got reply saying application has a compassionate case on it and its in a que waiting decision but still you have to see where @babycake coming from !!!!! I see no sign of jelousy from babycakes post only expresing feelings towards ukba / not ur success :)

Wish every1 all d best of luck cheers
Most definitely, no jealously here I am happy when applications are being granted, but we all know ukba are not taking this seriously, anyways I have said my bit.

waz80
Newly Registered

FLR (O) processing time

Post by waz80 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:36 am

I got psw visa and its going to expire in july 2013, I came in uk in 27 dec 2013 so iys mean I shor 5 months 15 days short to cover my ten years.i met with one solicitor he offer me to appky flr (o) application to cover my this short period

babycakes

Re: FLR (O) processing time

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 am

waz80 wrote:I got psw visa and its going to expire in july 2013, I came in uk in 27 dec 2013 so iys mean I shor 5 months 15 days short to cover my ten years.i met with one solicitor he offer me to appky flr (o) application to cover my this short period
I don't understand ur story

oishola77778

Post by oishola77778 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 am

babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:
babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:

Hi Babycakes,

My point is as you can see the majority has been waiting months and even years. Applications have been pushed aside to prioritise new, which means the back log can take years to clear. This is home office words not mine, so place your self in the shoe of someone that has been waiting 3 years only to hear that a colleague got response with 6 weeks.

@ Babycakes,

whilst intentions behind your message might be different, its believed your expression might be wrong, ''we are all in this together'' and if positive results are not shared there will be no baseline to determine performance of UKBA, afterall that is what the forum is meant for.

If members on here are to go by your message, it is either nobody post their success/positive turn around stories here any longer or you create a new forum stating its meant for old FLR(O) applications only.

I totally share views with Cookies and also appreciate your emotions,but it would be better we use adverse energy towards UKBA and not ourselves on here, we are ALL in this together and together we shall ALL receive positive good news soon (Amen!!!).

Please continue to be strong, rejoice with people that have good news to post, fecilitate with contrary and compare how good results was achieved to advise new members on here how lessons learnt could help future applicants.

Please let us all remain ONE and GOD will nourish our joy/happiness soon.

Thanks.
FLR(O) 2013
Application sent: 7.5.2013
Received by UKBA: 8.5.2013
Payment taken: 9.5.2013.
Ack letter: Received 13.5.2013
Biometrics letter received: 17.5.2013
Biometrics done: 17.5.2013.
Final outcome: Application GRANTED 5.6.13

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 8:19 am

babycakes wrote:
Chidy wrote:I would like to ask you to be patient. The UKBA is under tremendous pressure. They do have to start somewhere. First In First Out (FIFO) or Last In First Out (LIFO), they have to answer us, we pay for it and we could ask them at some point to refund our fee for taking unnecessary long time to deal with our case. They used to take years to make decision, not any more. I know many of us are very anxious but there is no reason to be depressed. I lost my job because of the delay. But I am still waiting, hoping they will send me a decision. I hope you all calm down and wait patiently for the answer.
Wait patiently? Are you serious have you seen dispatches ukba under cover?
Ukba/ home office are in competent the fees keeps rising then services deteriorate, cant you see we aren't been treated fairy here? How many Waite for years only to get a refusal letter. Lives are being placed on hold we are human, application as far as 15 years are still outstanding. They are under pressure whose fault is that,cutting staff then recruiting temporary workers at minimum wage to clear the back log. This system is broken an needs fixing processing new application at the detriment of the old is not the way to go. It just show how crazy these people are.
I agree with u babycakes. But what I noticed about this people getting there leave quicker is because they made an in time application( not overstaying). Anyway your time is coming. The last correspondence my Mp had with the HO is that they are going to make a decision by summer. So between now and August.
Godgives

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 8:29 am

oishola77778 wrote:
babycakes wrote:
cookies wrote:
babycakes wrote:

Hi Babycakes,

@ Babycakes,

whilst intentions behind your message might be different, its believed your expression might be wrong, ''we are all in this together'' and if positive results are not shared there will be no baseline to determine performance of UKBA, afterall that is what the forum is meant for.

If members on here are to go by your message, it is either nobody post their success/positive turn around stories here any longer or you create a new forum stating its meant for old FLR(O) applications only.

I totally share views with Cookies and also appreciate your emotions,but it would be better we use adverse energy towards UKBA and not ourselves on here, we are ALL in this together and together we shall ALL receive positive good news soon (Amen!!!).

Please continue to be strong, rejoice with people that have good news to post, fecilitate with contrary and compare how good results was achieved to advise new members on here how lessons learnt could help future applicants.

Please let us all remain ONE and GOD will nourish our joy/happiness soon.

Thanks.
This thread was designed for the old applications,and has been so since last year, why should this be moved?

As I said before let's here from those who has been waiting for a considerable length of time, that was why this thread was created.(Back in 2012) ie different rules diiferent turn around time.
To assume that I don't want to hear any success story us ridiculous why can't people read and comprehend before posting idiotic comments?
Anyways my point is the time frame will no longer provide value since rules has changed ie the agency has been scrapped.

It might be a very good idea however for a thread for such applications be created. New ( flro applications) that way new applicants will benefit from that thread and old applicant here posting from last yr will continue to benefit.

It no point sharing timeline on this thread when the rules has been changed. It like comparing orange with banana. :-)

I hope my point is understood.