ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SI123
Newly Registered

Post by SI123 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:13 pm

i92 wrote:Well im waiting on my wife's decision it taking ages im so worried.

Application Submitted: 20/02/2012
Under Process: 05/03/2012
RFC: ???
Think about it this way, if there was something wrong with ur paper work, you would have heard by now. InshaAllah you will hear soon. Been over 2 months since my hubby handed in our application. Hoping to hear soon inshaAllah. May Allah may it easy for us all :(

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon May 13, 2013 8:41 pm

0zzy1 wrote:
Sadia786 wrote:Congrates:)

My tb test z expired now & my application z still in process..tb test was valid for 56 days more at the time of submission..
z it okk or it'll b rejected??
It should be fine as the certificate was valid at the time of submission.
No it wont be fine.

It has to be valid at the time the visa is stamped in the passport.

The TB certificate is normally valid for 6 months :wink:

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Mon May 13, 2013 11:43 pm

batleykhan wrote:
0zzy1 wrote:

My tb test z expired now & my application z still in process..tb test was valid for 56 days more at the time of submission..
No it wont be fine.

"Q22: I have a valid TB certificate, but it will no longer be valid at the time that I enter the UK. Can I travel to the UK with an expired TB certificate?

Because of the visa processing times, it may well happen that your TB certificate expires before you travel to the UK. The UKBA website does not offer clear guidance on whether or not your certificate still needs to be valid on entry. It merely recommends that you take the Certificate (plus X-ray) with you. It does not specifically state that the Certificate still has to be valid at the time of entry.

What do the Immigration Rules say?

There is no specific requirement in the Immigration Rules for your pre-testing TB certificate to be valid at the time of entry to the UK. There is only a requirement to present a valid certificate at the time you submit your visa application:

Immigration Rule A39. “Any person making an application for entry clearance to come to the UK for more than six months from a country listed in Appendix T Part 1 must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Appendix T Part 2 confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that this tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (“at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

Appendix T (the Appendix to the Immigration Rules on TB screening). “Migrants applying to enter the UK for more than 6 months from the countries listed below must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Part 2 of this Appendix confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that such tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (again, “at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

If your TB certificate expires before entering the UK, we recommend that you take the Certificate, and the X-ray with you to the UK. If you feel uneasy about this, you could of course always have another test, and take the old and new certificate with you."

i92
Newly Registered

Post by i92 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:59 pm

My wife got her visa today im so happy. I make dua that every one's visa problems are resolved.

SI123
Newly Registered

Post by SI123 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:34 pm

i92 wrote:My wife got her visa today im so happy. I make dua that every one's visa problems are resolved.
Awww Congratulation!

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:40 am

Moonandstar wrote:
batleykhan wrote:
0zzy1 wrote:

No it wont be fine.

"Q22: I have a valid TB certificate, but it will no longer be valid at the time that I enter the UK. Can I travel to the UK with an expired TB certificate?

Because of the visa processing times, it may well happen that your TB certificate expires before you travel to the UK. The UKBA website does not offer clear guidance on whether or not your certificate still needs to be valid on entry. It merely recommends that you take the Certificate (plus X-ray) with you. It does not specifically state that the Certificate still has to be valid at the time of entry.

What do the Immigration Rules say?

There is no specific requirement in the Immigration Rules for your pre-testing TB certificate to be valid at the time of entry to the UK. There is only a requirement to present a valid certificate at the time you submit your visa application:

Immigration Rule A39. “Any person making an application for entry clearance to come to the UK for more than six months from a country listed in Appendix T Part 1 must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Appendix T Part 2 confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that this tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (“at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

Appendix T (the Appendix to the Immigration Rules on TB screening). “Migrants applying to enter the UK for more than 6 months from the countries listed below must present at the time of application a valid medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner listed in Part 2 of this Appendix confirming that they have undergone screening for active pulmonary tuberculosis and that such tuberculosis is not present in the applicant.” (again, “at the time of application” means at the time you submit your visa application or, in legal terms, at the time you pay your visa processing fees).

If your TB certificate expires before entering the UK, we recommend that you take the Certificate, and the X-ray with you to the UK. If you feel uneasy about this, you could of course always have another test, and take the old and new certificate with you."

Thank u so much..
I m expectin rfc in next week..lets c wht happnd..plz pray for me:)
I asked from a lawyer as well..he said its fine..coz last yr people get their visa aftr 7 mnths & BHC didnt refuse any1 on this reazon..their tb tests were definately expired tht time coz its limit z jus for 6 mnths..
thnx again

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Fri May 17, 2013 12:37 pm

applied for spouse visa uk on 16 may 2013 ... 16/05/2013

and i tracked it online on gerrys website , it says

Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 16/05/2013

any idea how long it is taking now a days for applications to be completed?

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Fri May 17, 2013 12:46 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:applied for spouse visa uk on 16 may 2013 ... 16/05/2013

and i tracked it online on gerrys website , it says

Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on 16/05/2013

any idea how long it is taking now a days for applications to be completed?
Now a days it z takin 3 months..

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Sat May 18, 2013 7:35 am

But i heard now the BHC moved back to isb and they are doing cases faster?

3 months is a long time :( , hopefully the results are positive for all of us .. IA...

I put down the intended date of travel as june 15.... as i thought it takes 4-6 weeks

Moonandstar

Post by Moonandstar » Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 am

abidabzhussain wrote:But i heard now the BHC moved back to isb and they are doing cases faster?

3 months is a long time :( , hopefully the results are positive for all of us .. IA...

I put down the intended date of travel as june 15.... as i thought it takes 4-6 weeks
Can anyone else confirm this? If it's true it's very good news and in theory should speed up visa processing times.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Pending Appeal Updates

Post by HaroonAli » Sat May 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had visa refused who are pending appeal or have there decisions been overturned. Please advise as really getting annoyed with the process.

Any people who have appealed in the last 3-6 months and have had appeals overturned or pending as I am still waiting but hope to get it overturned.

Thanks

apocolypto

Applying for Parents to come to UK permanently from Pakistan

Post by apocolypto » Sat May 18, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi All,

I am getting my ILR in the next few months IA and would like to apply for elderly parents to join me in UK. My father is 65 years old. I have been reading up on UKBA website and I believe its VAF4A1 application I am supposed to be using. Does any one know what documentation I need to send them? Please let me know the details if possible. I want to prepare for this from now on.

I would really appreciate if you let me know the set of documents and the details of the application process.

Many Thanks,

T

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 am

This thread is only for spouse visa uk..

for any other category i dont think people in here would be of great help...

better post a new thread or use an existing visitor visa thread i think

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Mon May 20, 2013 11:03 am

Salaams to all,

Can someone lay out the different stages of spouse visa process.

The status of my wife's application is hanging at "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission".

- it was submitted on the 22/03/2013
- acknowledged on the 26/03/2013
- then it reached the British High Commission on the 11/04/2013

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:57 pm

Smiggy wrote:Salaams to all,

The status of my wife's application is hanging at "Visa application is under process at the British High Commission".

Status change 3 times..
1st
Farward to islamabad oc

2nd
application z under process

3rd
ready for collection

now a days they r takin 3 months to reply..

Smiggy

Post by Smiggy » Mon May 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Sadia786 wrote:

Status change 3 times..
1st
Farward to islamabad oc

2nd

3rd
ready for collection

What is the status called when it's asking you to collect your Visa? My wife submitted hers from Lahore.

Sadia786

Post by Sadia786 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Smiggy wrote:
Sadia786 wrote:

Status change 3 times..
1st
Farward to islamabad oc

2nd

3rd
ready for collection

What is the status called when it's asking you to collect your Visa? My wife submitted hers from Lahore.
It means ur passport z ready for collection..
That time gerry will contact u to come & collect ur passport:)

MUmair
Newly Registered

Post by MUmair » Wed May 22, 2013 8:45 am

Salam to all.

My wife has applied for spouse visa from Lahore.

Application Submitted: 06/05/13
Under Process: 17/05/13
RFC: Waiting

Please make dua for us.

Umair

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Wed May 22, 2013 9:41 am

MUmair wrote:Salam to all.

Please make dua for us.

Umair
inshAllah lots of duas for you.. keep us in duas too

Application submitted : 16/05/2013

Current status :- forwarded to islamabad oc .....

when did your status change from oc to under process at bhc ?

Khanz123
Newly Registered

Post by Khanz123 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Salam everyone.

Has anyone applied for their visa in March and heard back from the embassy?

My wife applied in the second week of March and has not heard back. It's been just over 1O weeks.

Also, Sadia786 I noticed your application has now been over 12 weeks. Have you spoken to Gerry's about this?

munda44
Newly Registered

Post by munda44 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:06 pm

My wife applied on 07/03/2013 and we still haven’t heard anything back.

Would Gerry's be able to provide an update apart from the application is still being reviewed by BHC? If they can a contact no will be much appreciated. The timescales Gerry's give at the time of application is 3-6 months.

0zzy1

Post by 0zzy1 » Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm

abidabzhussain wrote:
MUmair wrote:Salam to all.

Please make dua for us.

Umair
inshAllah lots of duas for you.. keep us in duas too

Application submitted : 16/05/2013

Current status :- forwarded to islamabad oc .....

when did your status change from oc to under process at bhc ?
Just to let you know my wife submitted on 02/04/13 and it said forwarded to islamabad OC the same day 02/04/13 then it changed to under process at BHC on 16/04/13

from what I hear, it usually takes 10-14 days for the change from OC to BHC

arsum1516

Post by arsum1516 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm

we applied 15th may- same day status changed to forwarded to Islamabad oc. still at the same status... so if it takes about 10-14 days for status to change to bhc then im lookin at first week of june....

question is after status changes to bhc how long till the final status?? they said to my husband max 3 months but that's too long for me :(

good luck to all of u.. inshallah all of us get the visas :)
Applied Islamabad VAC : 15/05/13
Application Forwarded to Islamabad OC: 15/05/13
Application Under Process at BHC : 29/05/13
RFC and Collection:15/08/13
Outcome: Visa Accepted Mashallah!!!!!
Visa Stamped:13/08/2013

abidabzhussain
Member of Standing

Post by abidabzhussain » Wed May 22, 2013 7:41 pm

arsum1516 wrote:we applied 15th may- same day status changed to forwarded to Islamabad oc. still at the same status... so if it takes about 10-14 days for status to change to bhc then im lookin at first week of june....

question is after status changes to bhc how long till the final status?? they said to my husband max 3 months but that's too long for me :(

good luck to all of u.. inshallah all of us get the visas :)
i applied on 16th may and put down intended date as 15 june but i doubt they will do it by then ...

they are easily taking 3 months , duno if some cases get thru earlier !! or its same time frame for all

Bigraf
Newly Registered

Post by Bigraf » Thu May 23, 2013 6:58 am

Khanz123 wrote:Salam everyone.

Has anyone applied for their visa in March and heard back from the embassy?

My wife applied in the second week of March and has not heard back. It's been just over 1O weeks.

Also, Sadia786 I noticed your application has now been over 12 weeks. Have you spoken to Gerry's about this?
on which date was your Wifes Application submitted at gerrys?
currently applicants are receiving answers in 85 days and that is "58 working days." (which exclused weekends and bank holidays). Hope that helps. Please remember in You Duaas