ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) Section 8 question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meha

SET (M) Section 8 question

Post by meha » Wed May 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Hello,

I am helping my friend's wife to complete SET (M) application and we are a bit stuck on last question of Section 8 that reads:

"Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 8.2.- 8.6
that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants."

My friend is in full-time employment and I believe he will need to list his income here.
He also claims Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit and Housing Benefit.
Do they also need to be listed here?

I appreciate your advice and suggestions.

Many thanks,

Mehmet

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: SET (M) Section 8 question

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 pm

meha wrote:Hello,

I am helping my friend's wife to complete SET (M) application and we are a bit stuck on last question of Section 8 that reads:

"Complete the following table indicating the sources and levels of income as indicated in 8.2.- 8.6
that you and your partner are relying on to adequately maintain you and any dependants."

My friend is in full-time employment and I believe he will need to list his income here.
He also claims Child Benefit, Child Tax Credit and Housing Benefit.
Do they also need to be listed here?

I appreciate your advice and suggestions.

Many thanks,

Mehmet
How are they receiving housing benefit? Please get a copy of the breakdown and see if they have a single person or couple amount in their applicable amount.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

meha

Post by meha » Wed May 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi, thanks for your help.

Applicable amount is as follows:

Family premium: £17
Yound Child Under 11 X 3 : £195
Couple with person between 18 & pension: £112

Total: £324

Thanks for helping out.

Regards,

Mehmet

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 4:27 pm

meha wrote:Hi, thanks for your help.

Applicable amount is as follows:

Family premium: £17
Yound Child Under 11 X 3 : £195
Couple with person between 18 & pension: £112

Total: £324

Thanks for helping out.

Regards,

Mehmet
Based on that data the last part which states a couple amount £112 should actually state a single amount. Due to this it would appear that the applicant has breached his/her immigration restrictions and will face refusal. Due to the nature of this issue I suggest professional advice with a view to stop the housing benefit overpayment (difference of approx. £44 per week) and look at paying back the overpayment (if possible) prior to any application for settlement. The overpayment might not be too much, how much actual housing benefit was paid each week and how long have they been receiving this? Did they inform the local authority that the applicants partner was subject to immigration control? There may be an exception depending on your nationality.
Last edited by Amber on Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

D4109125 wrote: Based on that data the last part which states a couple amount £112 should actually state a single amount. Due to this it would appear that the applicant has breached his/her immigration restrictions and will face refusal. Due to the nature of this issue I suggest professional advice with a view to stop the housing benefit overpayment (difference of approx. £44 per week) and look at paying back the overpayment (if possible) prior to any application for settlement. The overpayment might not be too much, how much actual housing benefit was paid each week and how long have they been receiving this? Did they inform the local authority that the applicants partner was subject to immigration control?
I believe they are Turkish as me. I believe they are allowed to get those benefits even they are subject to immigration control.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 5:40 pm

Emrah wrote:
D4109125 wrote: Based on that data the last part which states a couple amount £112 should actually state a single amount. Due to this it would appear that the applicant has breached his/her immigration restrictions and will face refusal. Due to the nature of this issue I suggest professional advice with a view to stop the housing benefit overpayment (difference of approx. £44 per week) and look at paying back the overpayment (if possible) prior to any application for settlement. The overpayment might not be too much, how much actual housing benefit was paid each week and how long have they been receiving this? Did they inform the local authority that the applicants partner was subject to immigration control?
I believe they are Turkish as me. I believe they are allowed to get those benefits even they are subject to immigration control.
Sorry I should have asked, if the applicant is Turkish then they can possibly claim public funds. I shoud have known Mehmet is a Turkish name :-) though, the op will have to confirm the applicant is Turkish.

meha

Post by meha » Wed May 22, 2013 6:52 pm

The applicant is not a Turkish national.

If this issue is sorted then what should be entered in my original question?
What funds is the applicant relying on?

Thank you for all your help.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 7:06 pm

meha wrote:The applicant is not a Turkish national.

If this issue is sorted then what should be entered in my original question?
What funds is the applicant relying on?

Thank you for all your help.
If the issue is sorted the answer should be all income including public funds. Though, they should seek professional advice as it appears immigration restrictions have been breached.

meha

Post by meha » Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank you very much for all your help.

Best regards,

Mehmet