ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Soco

Post by Soco » Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 am

eternitate1903 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Im glad finally people arent complaining about the backlogs anymore. There is hardly a backlog now and citizenship applications are been prosessed faster than normal nowadays.

Per prediction if Alan Shatter is still in office, in 2014 there will be no backlog at all and applications will be decided as expeditious as possible. Decisions will be made in about 6 months time or less for non complex cases. Best of luck everyone.
Not sure how realistic this calculation is, but looks really good:

- When minister came to office there were 22000 applications waiting for decision. This was March 2011.
- In 2011 there 18000 applications in total, so 18000/12=1500 per month. Since April 2011, 1500x9=13500 applications
- In 2012 there were 20000 applications
- In 2013 (till May) let's assume there are 20000/12=1600, then till May 1600x4=6400 applications

So if we sum upp all these, 22000+ 13500 (2011) + 20000 (2012) + 6400 (2013) = 62000 applications

In Minister's speech he said he approved 53000 since he took over, so 62000 - 53000=9000 applications waiting for decision at the moment

He said he approved 15000 this year in 4 months.

So in 4 months, there will be 1600x4=6400 more applications

9000+6400=15400 applications waiting for decision in September. If Minister still approves 15000 applications like he did this year, 15400 - 15000=400 there will be no backlog in September!!

Please let me know if I'm missing something here
I am not sure how Mr Shatter is working but in his speech there was until now only 2 ceremonies of total 4780 where is the rest of the 15,000 he approved from the beginning of this year?

is that mean there is more that 10,000 watting to attend ceremonies?

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 am

Soco wrote:
eternitate1903 wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:Im glad finally people arent complaining about the backlogs anymore. There is hardly a backlog now and citizenship applications are been prosessed faster than normal nowadays.

Per prediction if Alan Shatter is still in office, in 2014 there will be no backlog at all and applications will be decided as expeditious as possible. Decisions will be made in about 6 months time or less for non complex cases. Best of luck everyone.
Not sure how realistic this calculation is, but looks really good:

- When minister came to office there were 22000 applications waiting for decision. This was March 2011.
- In 2011 there 18000 applications in total, so 18000/12=1500 per month. Since April 2011, 1500x9=13500 applications
- In 2012 there were 20000 applications
- In 2013 (till May) let's assume there are 20000/12=1600, then till May 1600x4=6400 applications

So if we sum upp all these, 22000+ 13500 (2011) + 20000 (2012) + 6400 (2013) = 62000 applications

In Minister's speech he said he approved 53000 since he took over, so 62000 - 53000=9000 applications waiting for decision at the moment

He said he approved 15000 this year in 4 months.

So in 4 months, there will be 1600x4=6400 more applications

9000+6400=15400 applications waiting for decision in September. If Minister still approves 15000 applications like he did this year, 15400 - 15000=400 there will be no backlog in September!!

Please let me know if I'm missing something here
I am not sure how Mr Shatter is working but in his speech there was until now only 2 ceremonies of total 4780 where is the rest of the 15,000 he approved from the beginning of this year?

Probably that's the case. Many people are waiting for ceremonies and it might be the case for a while where people will have to wait for the ceremony for 2-3 months after approval

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Soco wrote:I am not sure how Mr Shatter is working but in his speech there was until now only 2 ceremonies of total 4780 where is the rest of the 15,000 he approved from the beginning of this year?

Haha not as you think. Here are the theoretical list
1. Adult applicants approved and waiting for next ceremony = 1500

2. Adult applicants DECIDED but no letter of intent sent yet = 3000

3. Minor applicants since Jan 2013 = 2000 (No Ceremony needed)

4. Applicants based on Irish Decents = 2000 ((No Ceremony needed)

5. Refused Applications = 500

5. Minus 4780 already attended the ceremonies

6. Etc....

4780 +1500+3000+2000+2000 + 500 + etc = 15000
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

exam

Processing time and ceremony.

Post by exam » Tue May 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Hi All;

Few highlights

My friend's got his LTR in just 4 weeks, and his Citizenship application took 18 months. He applied for LTR and Citizenship at the same time.

Another close friend received a letter to submit his fee for Citizenship, he applied in Sept/Oct 2008.

I believe people are not complaining now because their perception regarding the processing time is changed from 24/26 month to 12/14 months. (Sorry its just my view, and its the very short version of my views)

Best wishes to those who have taken the oath and those who are very close to it, i.e. waiting for ceremony.

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi

I applied on July'12 and since last one month my application is at advanced stage of processing.

I got an email reply from inis today like as following:-

----------------------

Dear ------,

You should have some correspondence in the coming weeks

Regards

Citizenship Section

----------------------

what does it mean?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 21, 2013 4:11 pm

reetu012 wrote:Hi

I applied on July'12 and since last one month my application is at advanced stage of processing.

I got an email reply from inis today like as following:-

----------------------

Dear ------,

You should have some correspondence in the coming weeks

Regards

Citizenship Section

----------------------

what does it mean?
It means you should have some correspondence in the coming weeks. In other words, they will contact you shortly regarding your application

dania

Post by dania » Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:

what about many people applied in 2011 and 2010 and still waiting??!!
I dont know their cases and thus couldnt predict when a decision will be made on their application. But I can predict this, by the end of the year every complex cases will be decided upon as there wont be any backlogs anymore!. All applications at that time will be decided as expeditious as possible.
i personally know people from 2010 and 2011 still waiting ,i am waiting since april 2010,three years now waiting for me and other people getting their decisions in only six months,i rang citizenship on tuesday and they told me their is backlog there and they r working on it ,i dont know when i will get letter from them which i am waiting now so long. :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Tue May 21, 2013 11:55 pm

My sister received her Naturalization Approval on Monday the 2Oth. She applied at the same time as me in December '11 and I was in the ceremony on Monday. She sent her documents and fee today so hopefully the next ceremony will be soon!

assbc

Post by assbc » Wed May 22, 2013 9:56 am

dania wrote:
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
immigrant411 wrote:

what about many people applied in 2011 and 2010 and still waiting??!!
I dont know their cases and thus couldnt predict when a decision will be made on their application. But I can predict this, by the end of the year every complex cases will be decided upon as there wont be any backlogs anymore!. All applications at that time will be decided as expeditious as possible.
i personally know people from 2010 and 2011 still waiting ,i am waiting since april 2010,three years now waiting for me and other people getting their decisions in only six months,i rang citizenship on tuesday and they told me their is backlog there and they r working on it ,i dont know when i will get letter from them which i am waiting now so long. :(

Am surprise to hear that application for 2010 is still pending, how on earth would that be, i think INIS should organise themselves properly, i have applied since May 2012 and whenever i sent an email all i got is WITH THE VIEW TO ESTABLISHING WHETHER IT MEEET CONDITION that is annoying.
I can tell people who applied based on marriage to Irish National are very slow to approve than others, i personally know people who applied since 2011 based on Marriage to Irish National and are still waiting.
Why is our case different i dont think there is transparency on INIS side

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed May 22, 2013 10:33 am

assbc wrote:Am surprise to hear that application for 2010 is still pending, how on earth would that be, i think INIS should organise themselves properly, i have applied since May 2012 and whenever i sent an email all i got is WITH THE VIEW TO ESTABLISHING WHETHER IT MEEET CONDITION that is annoying.
I can tell people who applied based on marriage to Irish National are very slow to approve than others, i personally know people who applied since 2011 based on Marriage to Irish National and are still waiting.
Spouse of an Irish National produce more documentations than others in naturalisation application thus requiring more investigation (for some).

My friend applied based on marriage on May 2012, but went to the 20th May ceremony!. It all comes down on the documents you provided and how each documents can be verified easily.

10 years ago, the Gardai might even come to your house, uninvited ,to check that you are truly married to an Irish National and that both of you live together!. the INIS use to use that method before but due to an overwhelming applications, they stopped it.

assbc

Post by assbc » Wed May 22, 2013 3:01 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
assbc wrote:Am surprise to hear that application for 2010 is still pending, how on earth would that be, i think INIS should organise themselves properly, i have applied since May 2012 and whenever i sent an email all i got is WITH THE VIEW TO ESTABLISHING WHETHER IT MEEET CONDITION that is annoying.
Spouse of an Irish National produce more documentations than others in naturalisation application thus requiring more investigation (for some).

My friend applied based on marriage on May 2012, but went to the 20th May ceremony!. It all comes down on the documents you provided and how each documents can be verified easily.

10 years ago, the Gardai might even come to your house, uninvited ,to check that you are truly married to an Irish National and that both of you live together!. the INIS use to use that method before but due to an overwhelming applications, they stopped it.
There are more delays on Spouse of Irish and more documents, my friend got a letter yesterday after 12 months to submit more documents

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 pm

assbc wrote:There are more delays on Spouse of Irish and more documents, my friend got a letter yesterday after 12 months to submit more documents
That was one of the points I was trying to make. There are so many documents to submit and if that is an omitted document, it may delay the application just like your friend's. Having said that, if you submit every documents and make everything crystal clear, your application will be very straight forward and therefore processed quickly.

In the case of my friend, I help him with everything and made sure he submitted all documents + extra crucial docuements that the INIS didnt not even ask for. A letter was attached with the application and also the contents of the application was also stated clearly. I made sure everything was written in BOLD letters and checked there was no errors/mistakes in all the form.

Everything about his application was SPOTLESS. I wasnt surprised that he went to 20th May ceremony, just approxmately 1 year after his application.

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Wed May 22, 2013 7:12 pm

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="assbc"]There are more delays on Spouse of Irish and more documents, my friend got a letter yesterday after 12 months to submit more documents[/quote]
That was one of the points I was trying to make. There are so many documents to submit and if that is an omitted document, it may delay the application just like your friend's. Having said that, if you submit every documents and make everything crystal clear, your application will be very straight forward and therefore processed quickly.

In the case of my friend, I help him with everything and made sure he submitted all documents + extra crucial docuements that the INIS didnt not even ask for. A letter was attached with the application and also the contents of the application was also stated clearly. I made sure everything was written in BOLD letters and checked there was no errors/mistakes in all the form.

Everything about his application was SPOTLESS. I wasnt surprised that he went to 20th May ceremony, just approxmately 1 year after his application.[/quote]

Thank you very much

there is no perfect man anywhere on this planet

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:45 am

[quote="IntegratedMigrant"][quote="immigrant411"][quote="IntegratedMigrant"]Im glad finally people arent complaining about the backlogs anymore. There is hardly a backlog now and citizenship applications are been prosessed faster than normal nowadays.

Dear IntegratedMigrant, my wife applied in Dec 2011, till now we get the same answer (waiting for Garada report), today the lady on phone said it can take up to six months for Garda to reply, when I told her it has been longer than 6 months in the second stage (its now 7 months in second stage) she said she dont have that information infront of her and cannot answer why.
Do you recommend to email INIS and ask them to send a reminder to Garda about the application?? or what?

Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 23, 2013 11:54 am

immigrant411 wrote:Dear IntegratedMigrant, my wife applied in Dec 2011, till now we get the same answer (waiting for Garada report), today the lady on phone said it can take up to six months for Garda to reply, when I told her it has been longer than 6 months in the second stage (its now 7 months in second stage) she said she dont have that information infront of her and cannot answer why.
Do you recommend to email INIS and ask them to send a reminder to Garda about the application?? or what?

Thanks
Your application has not been forgetten. Its been processed but for some reason slower than normal. All I have to say is just wait really. Its also advisable to email them every month for an update.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I actually got through to them, told me they are waiting for Garda report then it will be submitted for a decision , the lady said they sent few hendrends of them and they still caught on that stage!

Any idea would this take ? Should I be hoping for something after summer ?

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu May 23, 2013 3:53 pm

Today I received a call from inis that my applicaton sent oct 2012 and they have received back my report in january 2013 however when i am calling to them they are always telling me awaiting for GARDA report.strange isnt
Last edited by Dochtúir on Thu May 23, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu May 23, 2013 4:02 pm

the next reply from inis Processing of your application is currently at an advanced stage.You will be informed of the Minister's decision as soon as possible.

Kind regards

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Dochtúir wrote:Today I received a call from garda vetting office that my report was received in oct 2012 and they have sent back my report in january 2013 however when i am calling to them they are always telling me awaiting for GARDA report.strange isnt it they also told me that it is clear no criminal record was found
How could the Gardai vetting office rang you personally? The Vetting office is meant to be confidential and shouldnt be given out information to an unauthorised personal.

I still wanna know how they rang you though because it is higly unusual
Last edited by IntegratedMigrant on Thu May 23, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Thu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

sorry it was inis not vetting office

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

IntegratedMigrant, How long waiting for the Garda reports would take, you think. Thank you

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 24, 2013 12:30 am

moro1 wrote:IntegratedMigrant, How long waiting for the Garda reports would take, you think. Thank you
I really cant tell the timeframe. It depends on individual cases and the backlog at the vetting office at that time.

reetu012

Post by reetu012 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 pm

I applied on July'12 and today i recieved my approval letter. It took me almost 10 months and 5 days to get approval.

Best of luck to others

exam

Post by exam » Fri May 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Dear All:

My friend applied in Sept 2011, today he got the following response via email, how you guys interpret it:

"Dear Zxxxx,

You should receive a letter soon in regard to the status of your
application.

Kind regards."

Previously he was getting the reply like, Garda /out side reports etc etc. I think its about advance stage or about approval, what do u guys reckon!

Many thanks

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:33 pm

My mum who applied August"12 got her approval, she has to send her gnbi card now.

Can she still go away for a week? She booked her flights, would she cancel the trip or just travel without the card