ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Update

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:23 pm

GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:Hi everyone

Just got a call from my solicitor that UKBA called her now to apologised for the delay in making a decision on my application.
They said they've called my house 3 times today which is true cos I was out and saw 3 missed calls on my home phone.

I also had a call this afternoon from a blocked number but declined in answering as I thought it was a marketing call.

Fingers crossed I'm hoping to hear from them soon.

Goodluck to us all!!!!
Did the Ukba say anything else apart from apologise for the delay in your application?
They said I will be hearing from them soon

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:25 pm

sanny26 wrote:

Just got a call from my solicitor that UKBA called her now to apologised for the delay in making a decision on my application.
They said they've called my house 3 times today which is true cos I was out and saw 3 missed calls on my home phone.

I also had a call this afternoon from a blocked number but declined in answering as I thought it was a marketing call.

Goodluck to us all!!!![/quo

Hoping u get good news...xx
I really hope so and wish same for everyone here

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Hoping u get good news...xx[/quote

Ok did your mp or solicitor contact them or they just called without any initial contact?

Godgives

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:44 pm

GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

Hoping u get good news...xx[/quote

Ok did your mp or solicitor contact them or they just called without any initial contact?

My solicitor did not but my mp wrote to them over 2 months ago but never got any response from them

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Time503 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:
sanny26 wrote:

My solicitor did not but my mp wrote to them over 2 months ago but never got any response from them
Hopefully you hear good news soon. My mp wrote and they said by summer. She wrote again last week but they havnt got back to her yet. When did u apply? And what wad the bases of your application? Sorry if I am imaking you repeat yourself
Godgives

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:03 pm

GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:

Hopefully you hear good news soon. My mp wrote and they said by summer. She wrote again last week but they havnt got back to her yet. When did u apply? And what wad the bases of your application? Sorry if I am imaking you repeat yourself
It's descretional leave based on 7 yrs rule and article 8

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:05 pm

Time503 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
I applied in sept 2012 did bio on the 8th of march 2013

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Post by Choc-Ice » Wed May 22, 2013 6:40 pm

Lets all just get along irrespective of your waiting times! The country immigration system is a mess and the UKBA don't care if people are suffering as a result of their actions. I just want those waiting to be strong and keep their hopes high! To those who have received positive outcomes; congrats :lol: It's always refreshing to read positive outcomes (irrespective of the turn around time).

I waited almost 6 months and get a refusal :cry:, now I have joined another type of backlog called the appeal system! The wait for that is just like that of the UKBA..Horribly LONG! I am still waiting for a hearing date after 5weeks.. :shock:

Sooner or later we shall overcome!
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Time503 wrote:
Time503 wrote:
GodGives wrote:
Time503 wrote:
I applied in sept 2012 did bio on the 8th of march 2013
Great you should hear soon as UKBA called. All the best
Godgives

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Wed May 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Goodluck to us all!!!!
Good news is on the horizon.

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 pm

babycakes wrote:

Goodluck to us all!!!!
Good news is on the horizon.
Thank you and hopefully this waiting for all of us will be over sooner than we thought!!!

onelastchance11
Newly Registered

Oh my god!

Post by onelastchance11 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi guys,

I have to share my news, after getting a refusal letter i came home to find another letter along with my documents telling me my application was sucessful.

Can you believe this? Had anyone ever heard of this before?

I am so shocked i literally peed my pants.

The UKBA are really a mess but i am not complaining i am happy too happy.

Thanks guys. Keep the faith even when it seems all faith is lost.
Last edited by onelastchance11 on Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:19 pm

Wow really this onelastchance its just given me great hope haha am sooo happy for you my friend very very happy swear down it feels like its me been granted hahahahahahhaa wow I actually jumped when I seen your post hahahahaha congrats enjoy your freedom now and wow me and you are in the same situation exactly hahahahaha so this has given me great HOPE

Time503
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Oh my god!

Post by Time503 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:22 pm

onelastchance11 wrote:Hi guys,

I have to share my news, after getting a refusal letter i came home to find another letter along with my documents telling me my application was sucessful.

Can by believe this? Had anyone ever heard of this before?

Oh my GOD!!!!
Great news indeed... Enjoy your freedom and best of luck for the future!!!!

onelastchance11
Newly Registered

Post by onelastchance11 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:25 pm

ONLYME1 wrote:Wow really this onelastchance its just given me great hope haha am sooo happy for you my friend very very happy swear down it feels like its me been granted hahahahahahhaa wow I actually jumped when I seen your post hahahahaha congrats enjoy your freedom now and wow me and you are in the same situation exactly hahahahaha so this has given me great HOPE
You will be fine as babycakes told you nothing is set in stone with these people. I am in space right now i cant believe.

Unpredictable, i think maybe the temps refuse it the maybe someone senior grant it or maybe i dont know what happened but i wont stress it i will accept it gladly.

:roll: :o :lol: :D :shock:

onelastchance11
Newly Registered

Post by onelastchance11 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Time503 wrote:

Oh my GOD!!!!
Thanks guys.

ONLYME1

Post by ONLYME1 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm

My dearest friend just enjoy it my friend to be honest am enjoying it for u hahahahhahaaha because we are in a similer situation and I got even more hope bcuz they keep saying my case has a compassionate case I should be patient n I rang them today they said they looking into new applicants and they a special team is under recrutment to clear the back log before end of summer soo fingers cross.

Me and my girlfriend going to get an intend to marry affidavit signed by magistrate court soon and send it off to them with more picture evidence :) I got hope now

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 7:34 pm

onelastchance11 wrote:
Time503 wrote:

Oh my GOD!!!!
Thanks guys.
Dear onelast chance congratulations. They made a mistake the first time because you have lived half of your life here in the uk. Did you get ILR or DLR? also do share what they said in the refusal letter and also the letter of success. Also what documents did you send as well

Thanks
Godgives

waz80
Newly Registered

FLR (O) processing time

Post by waz80 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi my story is my psw visa going to finish in 15 july 2013, I came in this country on 27dec 2013 its mean to cover my 10 years I short 5 months 12 days.my question is if I go for flr(o) its any chance they give me leave to remain.one more thing I got 2 kids as well one is 4years old and second one 2 years.

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed May 22, 2013 8:08 pm

majojo

Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:48 pm Post subject:
Help help help. Hmmm hi guys am in a complex situation. I want to ask this so please any ideas will help. I applied flro but unfortunately my relationship has ended and soon ill have to divorce I want to ask if I have a 3 months old child with another woman can I still stay in the uk based on the child help giys

GodGives
Member of Standing

Re: FLR (O) processing time

Post by GodGives » Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 pm

waz80 wrote:Hi my story is my psw visa going to finish in 15 july 2013, I came in this country on 27dec 2013 its mean to cover my 10 years I short 5 months 12 days.my question is if I go for flr(o) its any chance they give me leave to remain.one more thing I got 2 kids as well one is 4years old and second one 2 years.
Events that break continuous residence
Continuous residence is considered to be broken if the applicant has:
 been absent from the UK for a period of more than 180 days at any one time, or is absent from the UK for a shorter period but does not have valid leave to enter the UK on their return, or valid leave to remain on their departure from the UK
 spent a total of 540 days outside the UK throughout the whole 10 year period. Time spent outside the UK
Continuous residence is not considered broken if the applicant:
 is absent from the UK for 180 days or less at any one time, and  had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and when they returned – this can
include leave gained at port when returning to the UK as a non visa national, see related link: Information for non-visa nationals.
If the applicant had existing leave to enter or remain when they left and returned to the UK, the existing leave does not have to be in the same category on departure and return. For example, an applicant can leave the UK as a Tier 4 (General) student and return with leave as a spouse of a settled person. Continuous residence is not broken as the applicant had valid leave both when they left and returned to the UK.
If an applicant was in the UK with a right to reside under European Economic Area (EEA) regulations when they left the UK and was re-admitted under the EEA regulations, continuous residence is not broken.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed May 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Hello....Hello...beautiful people....*waves*

Hope everybody is fine despite the calling HO chasing the application,biting of nails,crossing fingers not forgetting praying due to the long exhausting wait.I believe soon all of us gonna be answered and receive our visas by the grace of God.Keep the faith and stay optimistic no matter how hard it maybe.As for me,not going to even bother calling HO,as I'm not keen on fairytales....*rollseyes*All I can say is that God is in control and fighting for me every step of the way...*smiles*

Those who got their visas,congratulations and enjoy every moment of freedom.All the best and enjoy....xo

Have a good evening and keep us posted with latest developments!!

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed May 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Help help help. Hmmm hi guys am in a complex situation. I want to ask this so please any ideas will help. I applied flro but unfortunately my relationship has ended and soon ill have to divorce I want to ask if I have a 3 months old child with another woman can I still stay in the uk based on the child help giys

sanny26
Member of Standing

Post by sanny26 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:42 pm

majojo wrote:Help help help. Hmmm hi guys am in a complex situation. I want to ask this so please any ideas will help. I applied flro but unfortunately my relationship has ended and soon ill have to divorce I want to ask if I have a 3 months old child with another woman can I still stay in the uk based on the child help giys

R u doing a extension or fresh? Was your application based on your marriage alone?

majojo

Post by majojo » Wed May 22, 2013 11:03 pm

sanny26 wrote:
majojo wrote:Help help help. Hmmm hi guys am in a complex situation. I want to ask this so please any ideas will help. I applied flro but unfortunately my relationship has ended and soon ill have to divorce I want to ask if I have a 3 months old child with another woman can I still stay in the uk based on the child help giys

R u doing a extension or fresh? Was your application based on your marriage alone?
It's a freh application based on my marriage but now we are no longer together and I have a 3 months old baby with another lady from the Netherlands so I wanted to ask if I cancels visa with my partner can I apply to stay on the basis ofy new baby with the other wan??