ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

reddy009

ILR dependent

Post by reddy009 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Hi

I am on ILR, my wife will be eligible for ILR this october ( staying together for 2 years). I just wonder whether i need to show the minimum bank balance ? I would be happy if some one clarifies my doubt.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: ILR dependent

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:32 pm

reddy009 wrote:Hi

I am on ILR, my wife will be eligible for ILR this october ( staying together for 2 years). I just wonder whether i need to show the minimum bank balance ? I would be happy if some one clarifies my doubt.
Please read the other's SET M experiences, in this forum. As long as you could maintain your wife with out any Recourse to Public Funds You are fine.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks Kevin. One more question have you got any idea about the absence in the country. She went to India for 5 weeks in this 2 years period?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:00 pm

reddy009 wrote:Thanks Kevin. One more question have you got any idea about the absence in the country. She went to India for 5 weeks in this 2 years period?
In My opinion her absence might not count towards absence. Let some one comment,who has had the same experience. Hope you have all the Co=Hab Documents. If you could show maintain Good Balance in the last 3/6 months in your Bank it will be good.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 8:26 pm

reddy009 wrote:Thanks Kevin. One more question have you got any idea about the absence in the country. She went to India for 5 weeks in this 2 years period?
There is no requirement to be in the UK per se but any absences should be accounted for. 5 weeks in 2 years to visit family seems perfectly acceptable to me. As Kevin stated no specific bank balance is required, you could be in an overdraft, that is fine, providing you can maintain yourself without recourse to public funds. The income of the applicant and the partner should be at least that of income support (£112.55 per week) after the deduction of rent/housing costs from the Net wage.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 pm

do u mean £18k plus. My salary is around £28201 plus bonus

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed May 22, 2013 9:06 pm

reddy009 wrote:do u mean £18k plus. My salary is around £28201 plus bonus
No £18k plus is the new requirement. Your wage is fine.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: ILR dependent

Post by sheraz7 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 pm

reddy009 wrote:Hi

you can also refer to it:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

TavishMalhotra
Newly Registered

Co-habitant proof

Post by TavishMalhotra » Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi,
I have been visiting this site from long time and I have couple of doubts to start with.
I have my wife's name on yearly Council tax bills. I have all the Council tax bills since 2008 but missing in between 2011-12 and 2012-13 (which I need basically for last 2 years cohabitation proof). Now again I have 2013-14 bill with me.

I have asked my property agent to provide some confirmation that both of us have been staying in this property since 2010.

My quires are:

1. How many documents are really required for Co-habitant proof?

2. My second kid is born last year. I have kid's birth certificate on which our names and address is there, can I show that as proof as well, I have doubt they can ask question why are you not applying for that kid as I am planning to apply separately with different form? Will it create any problem?