ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manuelaux

Applying for British Citizenship

Post by manuelaux » Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 am

Story goes like this:

Croatian living in the UK from 2010 on Tier1
Croatia joins EU 1/7/2013
So I will go trough EU channel at the border (no landing cards)
So I will be able to apply for British citizenship after 5 years of living here.

I have a limited company (registered in the UK) working mostly with foreign countries so I was thinking of moving abroad for a year and occasionally come here. But reside in the another country.

Will that be a problem when I will be applying for British Citizenship in 5 years? How they will know was I really in the country or not? As I will be going trough EU channel and they will not register my entries and leaves each time I cross the border.

And I will run my company from abroad and still pay PAYE and get salary from my company that I have in the UK.

I know that you need to give your personal information to airline companies and that those are sent to Immigration Authorities. But if you travel by Eurostar (for example) they will not know.

Can someone explain this to me?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:04 am

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 23, 2013 3:13 am

Topic moved to correct forum.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.