ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP approved

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eng.kamo

EEA FP approved

Post by eng.kamo » Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 pm

Dear forum,

I would like to bring the good news to you, Today I received my passport with the EEA FP sticker in it and I just wanted to thank you all for the amazing help and the precious advice.

here is a brief idea about my case :

Country applying from: Egypt
Type of visa applied for: EEA FP ( married )
Date application submitted (online or in person): Online 31st of April
Date biometrics taken: 8th of May
Date documentation was received by UK Border Agency : 12th of May
Office location processing your visa: Cairo
Projected timeline given: 10 days
Date your visa was received: 21st of May but issued on the 20th

Again Thanks you all may god bless you all .

I do have a question should I book a round ticket to UK or 1 way only ??as I don't know how the border officer will deal with that

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Possessing return ticket is not mandatory and border officer should not ask about that. Best of luck.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 21, 2013 11:15 pm

Book whichever ticket is least expensive for your travel plans.

Sad that it took so long to issue. It should have been processed on the same day it was received.

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Tue May 21, 2013 11:30 pm

thanks alot, I can live with 6 days :D i guess considering that I am in Egypt and everything takes more time than it should, I just learned that because I am a student in the university I am not allowed to leave the country without a permission from the Egyptian Army and this permission I can't have until the summer vacation starts officially which I still have no clue about when it will....

God help me !!

Thank you guys for everything

ukforever
Member of Standing

Re: EEA FP approved

Post by ukforever » Wed May 22, 2013 12:55 am

eng.kamo wrote:Dear forum,

I would like to bring the good news to you, Today I received my passport with the EEA FP sticker in it and I just wanted to thank you all for the amazing help and the precious advice.

I do have a question should I book a round ticket to UK or 1 way only ??as I don't know how the border officer will deal with that
well done..congrats..
UK------++++-------****

Iboubenas

Re: EEA FP approved

Post by Iboubenas » Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 pm

eng.kamo wrote:Dear forum,

would you please mind to tell us which documents did you submit when you were applying?
thanks in advance

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Wed May 22, 2013 1:57 pm

No problem at all mate I will be more than glad to return the favor :)
I can only say it was a pretty fat application & to my surprise it seems like the ECO didn't even go through our pictures as they are pretty much packed in the very same way I've sent them in anyway here is a list of my supporting documents

That's how they are mentioned in my wife's cover letter

1. Printed and signed VAF5 application form.
2. The letter from me confirming that my husband will be joining me in the UK.
3. The copy of my passport endorsed by the Embassy of Latvia in Egypt.
4. A letter from my employer confirming my employment on a company’s headed paper.
5. Copy of my employment contract.
6. Copy of my promotion confirmation letter.
7. My last six pay slips.
8. My bank statement for last 6 months.
9. Copy of my tenancy agreement from June 2012.
10. My husband’s passport.
11. My husband’s passport size picture.
12. The letter from my husband confirming that he will be joining me in the UK.
13. My husband’s statement from the University of Alexandria stating his current enrollment.
14. Original of our Marriage certificate in Arabic endorsed by both Egyptian Ministry of interior & Ministry of Foreign affairs associated with the approved English translation.
15. Copy of civil status certificate requested from Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in the Arab Republic of Egypt upon our previous wedding plans in 2010.
16. Copy of civil status certificate requested from Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in the Arab Republic of Egypt upon our marriage in 2013.
17. 38 pictures of my husband and I, including wedding pictures. All with comments and dates on the back.
18. Seven reference letters in total (from my mother and sister, my husband’s father and four from our friends) all confirming that they met/spoke to us before and this relationship is genuine. Their copies of passports/ID cards are attached as well.
19. My last four electronic tickets and one confirmation letter of my flight to Egypt.
20. Bank statements from my bank accounts in Latvia. Transactions made in Egypt are highlighted.
21. Eight print screens of Skype conversations (both voice and message) with my husband starting from the earliest ones saved to the computer at home in Latvia till the latest ones saved in my laptop.
22. 14 print screens of our both Facebook accounts showing our conversation, pictures and comments of our friends with the dates on them and one e-mail from 2006 with the conversation between us.
23. Two pages combining screenshots of call history and two pages combining screenshots of conversation history from both of our phones with dates (application Viber).
24. Four tickets for the Library of Alexandria in 2006 (2 foreigner entrance and museum tickets for me and 2 Egyptian for my husband) and their copies.
25. 2 tickets ( for me and my husband) for the bus to Alexandria on 2006 and 2 tickets for 2007 and their copies

it's pretty fat list & obviously you do not need all of that

Iboubenas

Post by Iboubenas » Wed May 22, 2013 11:44 pm

eng.kamo wrote:No problem at all mate I will be more than glad to return the favor :)
I can only say it was a pretty fat application & to my surprise it seems like the ECO didn't even go through our pictures as they are pretty much packed in the very same way I've sent them in anyway here is a list of my supporting documents

That's how they are mentioned in my wife's cover letter

1. Printed and signed VAF5 application form.
2. The letter from me confirming that my husband will be joining me in the UK.
3. The copy of my passport endorsed by the Embassy of Latvia in Egypt.
4. A letter from my employer confirming my employment on a company’s headed paper.
5. Copy of my employment contract.
6. Copy of my promotion confirmation letter.
7. My last six pay slips.
8. My bank statement for last 6 months.
9. Copy of my tenancy agreement from June 2012.
10. My husband’s passport.
11. My husband’s passport size picture.
12. The letter from my husband confirming that he will be joining me in the UK.
13. My husband’s statement from the University of Alexandria stating his current enrollment.
14. Original of our Marriage certificate in Arabic endorsed by both Egyptian Ministry of rubbish & Ministry of Foreign affairs associated with the approved English translation.
15. Copy of civil status certificate requested from Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in the Arab Republic of Egypt upon our previous wedding plans in 2010.
16. Copy of civil status certificate requested from Embassy of the Republic of Latvia in the Arab Republic of Egypt upon our marriage in 2013.
17. 38 pictures of my husband and I, including wedding pictures. All with comments and dates on the back.
18. Seven reference letters in total (from my mother and sister, my husband’s father and four from our friends) all confirming that they met/spoke to us before and this relationship is genuine. Their copies of passports/ID cards are attached as well.
19. My last four electronic tickets and one confirmation letter of my flight to Egypt.
20. Bank statements from my bank accounts in Latvia. Transactions made in Egypt are highlighted.
21. Eight print screens of Skype conversations (both voice and message) with my husband starting from the earliest ones saved to the computer at home in Latvia till the latest ones saved in my laptop.
22. 14 print screens of our both Facebook accounts showing our conversation, pictures and comments of our friends with the dates on them and one e-mail from 2006 with the conversation between us.
23. Two pages combining screenshots of call history and two pages combining screenshots of conversation history from both of our phones with dates (application Viber).
24. Four tickets for the Library of Alexandria in 2006 (2 foreigner entrance and museum tickets for me and 2 Egyptian for my husband) and their copies.
25. 2 tickets ( for me and my husband) for the bus to Alexandria on 2006 and 2 tickets for 2007 and their copies

it's pretty fat list & obviously you do not need all of that

thanks mate
God bless you.
cheers

eng.kamo

Post by eng.kamo » Thu May 23, 2013 6:26 am

You are welcomed anytime, please whenever you need any help don't hesitate to ask

Bless you & good luck