ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job for HSMP holders

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

withrajeev
Newly Registered

Job for HSMP holders

Post by withrajeev » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi All,

I am applying for HSMP, in case i do get the HSMP i trying to figure out the possibility of finding a job and then relocating to UK.

Is this possible, or is it that i need to move to UK and then find a job.

If i get the HSMP and apply from India will my CV be shortlisted (when my profile suits the company to a great extend), or will the company want people who are in UK itself (to reduce the cost of phone call made during interview).

I would like to get your perception on this, since after getting HSMP if i have a feeble chance of getting a job sitting in India then i would a difficult time for me.

thanks
Rajeev

withrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by withrajeev » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:26 am

hi All,

To give some more information about me.

I have 7+ years of experience in Software testing field (Manual, Winrunner, Loadrunner, Test director).

Can i apply for HSMP and in case i get it can i try for a job from India and then fly to Uk rather than going to UK and trying for the job.

Please let me know if this is possible.

JavaGuy

Post by JavaGuy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:05 am

It is very unlikely that you can find a UK job while sitting in India. Very few recruiters will call a non-european number. You need to be in the UK.

Anyway, send me your CV at vnm_prn1@yahoo.com. I can refer it to my director and try to push it through. We do need automated testers who have worked in the financial domain.

withrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by withrajeev » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:29 pm

HI,

Thanks for your support. But still i am in the process of getting the HSMP, do i wait for it or can i sent it now itself.
Please advice.

contractors_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by contractors_in_uk » Wed May 02, 2007 2:37 pm

Dear Rajeev,

Please note that most of the UK employers (or shall we call agencies) would like to meet up the candidates for the interview.

I would recommend...

1. Spend some time on your CV (make sweet, small and to the point cv. In the UK they dont like big CVs)
2. Please mention very CLEARLY that you are a HSMP visa holder and can work for any agency
3. Apply for as many jobs as possible, whilst in India
4. Arrange the interviews in such a way that you can appear for the interviews in one visit.
5. Once you get a job as I am sure you would be able to... move down with your family.. do not move the family before you ve made a job..

Hope it helps. If you need any more help then please feel free to contact me..

Regards,
Sandeep!

withrajeev
Newly Registered

Post by withrajeev » Thu May 03, 2007 9:17 am

Hi Sandeep,

thanks for the information.
This is informative.
thanks
Rajeev

save
Newly Registered

BUSINESS ANALYST - BANKING DOMAIN

Post by save » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:45 am

Sandeep,

what about job opportunities for business analysts in banking domain. i have four years of experience in investment banking domain, specifically related to Operations risk & Control.

What are the chances of getting a good job, if i have hsmp visa.

are their any consultants who could get in touch with.

ma_siddiqui
Newly Registered

Post by ma_siddiqui » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi!!!!

I need atleast 7-10 people to work in UK and would gladly accept CVs of people people who have HSMP or work permits in skills like c++,C#, Java, J2ee, testers etc.

Please note i do not belong to any agency and this is only to help people who need job in UK.

Regards
Mehboob

rajeshvelu
Newly Registered

Post by rajeshvelu » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:16 am

can u give ur email address..so that i can send my CV to u..

ma_siddiqui
Newly Registered

Jobs for IT

Post by ma_siddiqui » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:36 pm

You can send your CV at mehboob.siddiqui@gmail.com and if you are lucky and with right skills you get a good job with accomodation and even your WP can be changed in 2 weeks time or new WP/HSMP can be applied for as well. email id is mehboob.siddiquiatgmail.com

AkashS
Member of Standing

Re: Job for HSMP holders

Post by AkashS » Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:48 pm

withrajeev wrote:Hi All,

I am applying for HSMP, in case i do get the HSMP i trying to figure out the possibility of finding a job and then relocating to UK.

Is this possible, or is it that i need to move to UK and then find a job.

If i get the HSMP and apply from India will my CV be shortlisted (when my profile suits the company to a great extend), or will the company want people who are in UK itself (to reduce the cost of phone call made during interview).

I would like to get your perception on this, since after getting HSMP if i have a feeble chance of getting a job sitting in India then i would a difficult time for me.

thanks
Rajeev
Don't apply for HSMP if you do not have any plan to go to UK very next day after getting HSMP. I am still in India an waiting for an offer but it's been 4+ months now and nothing happened.. I don't think I'll get an offer if I do not go to UK. I received calls and they told me that I have to come there for work..

Bhargav
Newly Registered

Job for HSMP holders

Post by Bhargav » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi,

I am a HSMP aspirant & would like to know abt the JOB opprotunities in Embedded/Telecom Industry. I have 3+ years experience in Wlan/GSM/GPRS domain.

I would be thankful if I can seek info abt the chances of getting a Good Job on HSMP visa.

Regards
Bhargav

uk_job_hunter
Newly Registered

Post by uk_job_hunter » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:10 pm

Do anyone know any SAP basis opportunities in UK. I am immediately available

Azlan

Post by Azlan » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:10 pm

It is highly impossible to get jobs while you are in India even if you got your HSMP and EC stamped. Most of the employers expect candidate to be in UK to consider application.

This sounds a bit risky but many people in recent times coming to UK and getting jobs fairly soon.

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

opportunities for Mainframe professionals

Post by AimeeJay » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:43 pm

Hi,

what are the prospects of getting a job for a Software Professional with 4+ years of experience in Mainframes Technology (Skillset: IDMS, JCL, VSAM, COBOL)

also pls tell me how gud the opportunities for Datawarehousing professionals ..2+ years exp....(Informatica, Business Objects).

Thanks
Aimeejay

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

opportunities for Mainframe professionals

Post by AimeeJay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:40 am

Hi,

what are the prospects of getting a job in UK for a Software Professional with 4+ years of experience in Mainframes Technology (Skillset: IDMS, JCL, VSAM, COBOL)

also pls tell me how gud the opportunities for Datawarehousing professionals in UK..2+ years exp....(Informatica, Business Objects).

Thanks
Aimeejay

sweety
Newly Registered

hi

Post by sweety » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 am

Hi Aimeejay,

I too have the same profile background (4+, IDMS, COBOL, JCL, VSAM) as yours for the Cobol part. Have you find anything on your job search. Please provide me your input.

PS: I am currently holding Tier 1 visa and planning to travel to UK after finding a job there.

Regards,
Sweety