ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abc009
Newly Registered

Post by abc009 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:44 pm

Application submitted through : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 22 feb 2007
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) : 4 years on WP + 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 26 feb 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :28 feb 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 21 Mar 2007
Date of receipt of invitations : 21 mar 2007
Date of Ceremony : 23 mar 2007(private ceremony)
Date of appln. for passport : 24 mar 2007
Method used : Fast Track(In person at Passport Office)
Date of Receipt : 3 april 2007

for fast track it took 8 working days for my passport but they say one week ...i dont know whether working days or including weekends....
finally i got it....

champion

Post by champion » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:18 pm

One week is always one week.
If there are holidays(Not Sat / Sun) then yes it can be extended by day or 2.
but 1 week is always one week.
I applied on Tuesday for my daughter and got it on Sat by post

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:39 pm

Application submitted through : NCS Hampshire
Date of submission or posting : 27 march 2007
Royal Mail delivered (special - web tracking): 28 March 2007
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) : 2 yrs WHM, 2 yrs UP, 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card :
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :
Date of receipt of approval :
Date of receipt of invitations :
Date of Ceremony :

should I be concerned that they haven't taken payment yet? I know it's only been a week, but usually they're pretty quick to take the money. Call me paranoid, but that close to the new fees.....

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

My son applied in mid-March and 10 days later they still hadnt taken the dosh from his debit card. So he phoned the NCS, who gave him a Home Office number to call - he called them and it turned out someone had got his bank details wrong. After giving the correct account details over the phone the fee left his account 2 days later.

The Home Office guy told him that as they had received his application before the fee-change deadline his application was 'in' at the old rate - any delays for whatever reason would not affect the price.

Cheers
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

Tarboush
Newly Registered

Post by Tarboush » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Tarboush wrote:sorry, and to follow the format:

Lebanese national
Postal or NCS: Postal, through solicitor
Date of submission or posting : 8 Sept 2006
CRITERIA - 5 yr residence on work permit, 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of cheque: mid- September 2006
Date on acknowledgement letter: mid-September 2006
Date of character checking letter: end September 2006
Date of receipt of acknowledgement letter: none yet
Date of receipt of approval: none yet
Date of Ceremony: none yet
Hi folks,

Got my approval yesterday and had my ceremony today already! Thanks very much for everyone on this list.
Goodluck all
Cheers

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:57 pm

update :

Just got a phone call from home office liverpool the lady want to confirm what name I want to use on my certificate as i said earlier i have Music as my first name (diffrent from my none uk passport )and follow my other name thhen my husband's Sir name , she said its ok but might be a problem in the future when I apply the british passport so i might need to contact a solistor to prove this then it will be ok . and she also said my application is approved and shoud reach me in 2 weeks time ,such a quick responce. :wink: thanks to Darksquid

Postal or NCS: NCS 16/03
Date of submission or posting : 20/03
Criteria: 3 yrs spouse visa
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 27/03
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 26/03

Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 29/03
Date of approval : 04/04
Date of receipt of approval : 10/04
Date of Ceremony: 15/05
Date of appln. for passport ? 2*/05
Method used ? ONE WEEK FAST TRACK
Date of Receipt?
Last edited by music on Thu May 17, 2007 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:12 pm

Tarboush wrote:
Hi folks,

Got my approval yesterday and had my ceremony today already! Thanks very much for everyone on this list.
Goodluck all
Cheers
Great news, Tarboush

You been waiting long enough for your approval, so it must be a relief and a joy to have it all sorted now.

Hope you get your passport soon. Let us know how it goes and if they call you for an passport interview.

Cheers

SK1

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Naturalisaton: External checks, Character Checks Letter,etc.

Post by CstrM8 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:16 pm

I was going through all the posts about naturalisation and I noticed the mention of "external checks", "character checks". etc. Why is it that some of those who applied have experienced this and yet the others don't?

Does the Home Office really carry out 'checks' and 'enquiries', etc. How is this usually done? Do they just phone people? (who usually?) Does the Home Office send out letters to external parties (if yes, give an example please?) and wait for replies? And does this procedure apply for all applications or are just done in random? I mean, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't?

For all those who had encountered experiences related to this, can you please share what you know or what happened in your specific case?

Thank you.

darksquid

Post by darksquid » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:34 pm

music wrote:update :

Just got a phone call from home office liverpool the lady want to confirm what name I want to use on my certificate as i said earlier i have Music as my first name (diffrent from my none uk passport )and follow my other name thhen my husband's Sir name , she said its ok but might be a problem in the future when I apply the british passport so i might need to contact a solistor to prove this then it will be ok . and she also said my application is approved and shoud reach me in 2 weeks time ,such a quick responce. :wink: thanks to Darksquid
Hurrah! Congrats :D
Fixer of Old Stuff

omwabo
Newly Registered

Post by omwabo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:22 pm

Postal or NCS: NCS (appointment on 07/03)
Date of submission or posting : 08 Mar 07
CRITERIA - 4yr WP + 1 yr ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: credit card
Date on acknowledgement Letter: 14 Mar 07
Date of receipt of acknowledgement Letter: 14 Mar 07
Date of approval : 21 march 2007
Date of receipt of approval : 04 apr 2007
Date of Ceremony: 16th apr 2007
Date of appln. for passport ? N/A
Method used ? N/A
Date of Receipt? N/A

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:08 am

I called home office about my application yesterday, and the hold message is now saying the waiting time is approximately six months... I applied by NCS on 27th march and they still haven't even taken my fee.

SK1

Post by SK1 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:55 pm

mon wrote:I called home office about my application yesterday, and the hold message is now saying the waiting time is approximately six months... I applied by NCS on 27th march and they still haven't even taken my fee.
The hold message always says 6 months. I recently checked the BIA website http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/applying/nationality/ and it has a waiting time of 3.8 months (end of February).

Normally they quite fast in taking the fee...but I guess with the Easter Holidays and the influx of new applications due to the new fees coming in, they must be a bit snowed under. I'm sure it will get a bit better. Just ensure that they have actually received your application. Have you got a special delivery tracking number that you can track on the Royal Mail website?

Regards

SK

mon
Newly Registered

Post by mon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:38 pm

yes I checked and they have received it, although they told me 29th, while the royal mail website and signature say 28th, but nevertheless they received it.

Didn't realise the hold message always said six months - sorry if I worried anyone, I actualy thought given the fee rise, six months may not be so far fetched

Unwanted
Newly Registered

Post by Unwanted » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:32 pm

Having got my naturalisation pretty quickly, my wife has made her application and that, for some reason, seems to be taking more time.

Application submitted through : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 8 March 2007
CRITERIA - Spouse, 3 years
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 14 March 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement :16 March 2007
Date of receipt of approval : Waiting
Date of receipt of invitations : Waiting
Date of Ceremony : Waiting
Date of appln. for passport : Waiting

Is there anyone else with a Spouse application who is seeing waiting times longer than the NCS average of 3 - 4 weeks (based on this thread)?

SK1

Post by SK1 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:39 am

Unwanted wrote:Having got my naturalisation pretty quickly, my wife has made her application and that, for some reason, seems to be taking more time.

Is there anyone else with a Spouse application who is seeing waiting times longer than the NCS average of 3 - 4 weeks (based on this thread)?
Hi there,

My wife applied for Naturalisation end of last year and it was a POSTAL application which took just under 2 months to approval. I have now applied for mine (based on being married to Brit) and I also did a postal appl. on the 20 Feb 2007. I am still waiting!!! It does seem as if either my wife was a lucky "fast" postal appl. or processing are taking much longer now. The BIA are also doing a lot more i.t.o character checks, etc., so I guess we need to be patient.

I'm sure you'll hear back before me anyway.

Cheers

SK1

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:17 pm

My son's naturalisation timeline.

Application submitted through : NCS Brighton
Date of submission or posting : 16 March 2007
Criteria : ILR+1
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 26 March 2007
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : None
Date of receipt of approval : 16 April 2007

The Home Office got his bank details wrong so the payment only left his account some 10 days after submission, after he phoned up to query the delay.

Three or four weeks to approval, thankfully not a rare sight these days!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

champion

Post by champion » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:49 am

congrates.
good luck for you and ur son

SK1

Post by SK1 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:23 pm

tekaweni wrote:My son's naturalisation timeline.

The Home Office got his bank details wrong so the payment only left his account some 10 days after submission, after he phoned up to query the delay.

Congrats!

I can only wish....almost 2 months and still no news.... :(

SK1

champion

Post by champion » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:57 pm

just called up HO and asked if they have recieved my application as I haven't heard anything from them in 10 working days(17 days) He told me it could be another couple of weeks befefore I hear anything
However when I insist him to confirm if HO recd my application he askem me my ROyal Mail Special Delivery number and confirmed that they have recieved my application.
So No progress so far....
Cheers

CstrM8
Newly Registered

Post by CstrM8 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:28 pm

tekaweni wrote:My son's naturalisation timeline.

Hello! Congratulations!! Another speedy approval. I am just curious... did the approval letter your son got come from the Home Office in Liverpool or did it come from the 'newly created' office of the Border & Immigration Agency (BIA)?

Besides, it looks here on your timeline that your son did not get an acknowledgment letter from the Home Office. Is that so? It seems to me that most people here in the forum first received an acknowledgment letter before they receive the final approval letter. I just wanted to know so I know what to expect from my own application.

The other things is: Did your son apply as an adult (using AN1 form) or registered as a minor (using MN1)?

I would appreciate you sharing these info on the forum.... Thank you very much indeed!

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi CstrM8,

The approval letter came from Liverpool HO, and no he didnt receive an acknowledgement letter - that was actually pretty unusual, almost all timeline posts here show an ack date. You'd think the application fee would cover recorded (or even 1st class) postage wouldnt you? He applied as an adult, using form AN1.

Even with delays caused by the banking details mixup his application mirrors most NCS experiences time-wise. Indeed my own application a year ago took about 3 weeks so processing times seem generally stable - for straightforward cases anyway. Lots of debate about what makes one case straightforward and another not.

The usual advice for fastest turnaround -
(1) Apply at NCS
(2) Pay by debit/credit card (cheque adds at least a week)

Cheers

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:23 am

Done
Last edited by music on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

champion

Post by champion » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:30 am

Can you provide more details on series of events (when applied and how and date of acknowleddgement etc)
I am surprised with that
Did u contacted HO with that? It could be that ur local council might contact you.
if you provide ur council name may be any member out there lives in same council can give you some idea
anyway congrates for approval
Cheers
Swami

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:52 am

music - first of all, congrats!

The approval letter you received is not unusual. Depending on how your local council operates the approval letter contains either an instruction for you to contact them, or to wait until they contact you. In your case the Home Office will have already sent a letter to your council letting them know that they should in turn write to you and arrange your ceremony.

Cheers

music
Newly Registered

Post by music » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:12 am

Thanks to you and Champion.
Last edited by music on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.