ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

?Wrong decision

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

T&T
Newly Registered

?Wrong decision

Post by T&T » Thu May 23, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Damani and other senior members,

Kindly help with this query. I received my ILR on the 18th April 2013. But before this we had applied for my husband's on SET M as he was qualified in his own right for ILR since November 2012. For my husband's application we submitted his passport and LIUK test result.

We were surprised to receive Home office decision today which gave my husband Leave to Remain valid until November 2015 (?2 years). We felt my husband application must have been treated as FLRM even though he applied for SET M and completed a SET M form.

We are not sure of how to proceed. On one hand we thought of writing a reconsideration letter to challenge their decision but also thought maybe we should just book appointment for premium service and submit another application for his ILR. He was previously on a Tier 2 General dependant Visa and he entered the UK on the 1st of November 2002.
Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 am

More details may be helpful.

On what basis were you granted ILR?
How long has your husband been your dependant?
If he entered the UK on the 1st of November 2002, then why didn't he apply for ILR under Long residence?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

T&T
Newly Registered

Post by T&T » Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 am

Hi Vinny,

I was granted ILR under long residence (5.5 years on Student Visa and 4.5 years on Tier 2 General).

My husband has been my dependant. Initially on a student dependant Visa and then as a Tier 2 General dependant.

Yes, he entered the UK on the 1st of November 2002 and we felt he was applying for ILR by completing a SET M form.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

If his SET(M) application was treated as a FLR(M) application and he has been your PBS dependant for at least two years, then he may apply for SET(M) now.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.