ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS & EEA2 re TRAVEL INSURANCE

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tina999
Newly Registered

Post by tina999 » Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi
Proceeding with caution ..........as last post moved to an area that wasn't relevant - so I hope someone can answer this one.
I was wondering if EEA2 entitles you to full NHS care. Husband non EU national has registered with GP though received no medical card yet?
Also we want to get travel insurance and I guess he is classed as a temporary resident for insurance purposes?
World First have quoted as long as he has lived in the UK for 6 mths and is registered with a Doctor.
The reason why I doubt is because his referral by doc to hospital - indicated that the treatment/appointment wasn't covered?
Many thanks

RC received after 9 months - interventIion by local MEP required!

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:50 am

Your non eea family have the same right as you, he should not be discriminate different from you even though he do not hold eu passport.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:55 am

Why will they class someone with a residence card as temporary residence? If the eea is not class so why the non eea? As the non eea only derive its right as equal to its eea family.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:33 pm

You need to write your query more clearly so that someone can answer it. Whats EU and non-EU nationals are doing?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

tina999
Newly Registered

Post by tina999 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi sorry if I wasn't clear..........
I am the EU national working self emplyed fulltime.
My husband non EU is also working part time.
So my questions are
1. EEA2 is this considered a 'Tempary Resident' with regard Travel Insurance?
2. Does an EEA2 Visa entitle you to NHS care, if so is this limited?
3. Should an EEA2 Visa entitle you to a NHS number and card?

The insurance company indicated that as long as regsitered with a doctor, which he is (however no health card or number yet), and has lived in the UK for at least 6 months that he can be covered.

Many thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:52 pm

For the last many years almost everybody is getting support from NHS without having any affect on their immigration matters. EEA national and their family members are also fully eligible for NHS support too despite in theory self sufficient EEA national need to buy private health insurance but still it is incomplete without NHS. But since you as a EU national is self employed you do not need any medical insurance and you and your spouse just simply visit your GP and get registered with them.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS