ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa- Wife needs to change her surname

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa- Wife needs to change her surname

Post by Hakim1984 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Hey my wife is on a spouse VISA in the UK, we want to change her surname to my name on everything passports/bank statements etc, I cant find any links on the UKBA about amending her surname on the visa and about transferring it to the new passport name.

really confused

Thanks!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu May 23, 2013 10:20 pm

You need to go to see a solicitor and through them change your name legally.

Once you have done this, then you need to write all concerned about the name change.

You will need to send copy of change of name deed and ask them to use new name in all documents

You simply cant ask organizations to change names without you first renouncing your old name through a legal procedure

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa- Wife needs to change her surname

Post by Amber » Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 pm

Hakim1984 wrote:Hey my wife is on a spouse VISA in the UK, we want to change her surname to my name on everything passports/bank statements etc, I cant find any links on the UKBA about amending her surname on the visa and about transferring it to the new passport name.

really confused

Thanks!
CAB wrote:
You do not need legal proof that you have changed your name, provided that you can be identified by your new chosen name. However, there are some circumstances, for example, applying for a passport, when additional evidence of the change of name is required. The evidence required varies depending on the purpose for which it is needed and can include:-
•a letter from a responsible person
•a public announcement
•a statutory declaration
•a deed poll.
See http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/r ... f_name.htm

Once you have changed the name on the passport etc.. then see:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ibilities/
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.