ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form Name at Birth # 17

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ric1982
Member of Standing

AN Form Name at Birth # 17

Post by ric1982 » Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi,

On the form we have left the #17 (Name at Birth if different) for my wife. Before she was married he name was ABC <FatherName> XYZ. After Marriage it was ABC <HusbandName> XYZ.

Is this going to be an issue in terms of delaying the application?

We have been advised by NCS to leave it blank and I think we should have put ABC <FatherName> XYZ in this.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: AN Form Name at Birth # 17

Post by Amber » Thu May 23, 2013 4:34 pm

ric1982 wrote:Hi,

On the form we have left the #17 (Name at Birth if different) for my wife. Before she was married he name was ABC <FatherName> XYZ. After Marriage it was ABC <HusbandName> XYZ.

We have been advised by NCS to leave it blank and I think we should have put ABC <FatherName> XYZ in this.

Please advise.

Thanks,
As you are paying the NCS for the service and they have a direct line to a HO caseworker I think you should ask them to ask the HO if you have any issues. If it does delay your application you could complain about the service.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu May 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Please advise.

Thanks,
don't know if it will delay app but you should put here maiden name in there.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:29 pm

boloney wrote:

Please advise.

Thanks,
don't know if it will delay app but you should put here maiden name in there.
You mean surname? If so it remained same before and after marriage.

boloney

Post by boloney » Thu May 23, 2013 8:18 pm

So which part of her name was changed? Was that middle name? Like before marriage she was Ann Maria Smith and after marriage her name is Ann Joanna Smith?

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:04 am

boloney wrote:So which part of her name was changed? Was that middle name? Like before marriage she was Ann Maria Smith and after marriage her name is Ann Joanna Smith?
exactly

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:04 am

Whatever the name change, provide it in full in the 'name at birth' field and supply supporting evidence like: a deed poll, a marriage certificate, a birth certificate - whichever is applicable.

I do not see the issue here.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:30 am

Plum70 wrote:Whatever the name change, provide it in full in the 'name at birth' field and supply supporting evidence like: a deed poll, a marriage certificate, a birth certificate - whichever is applicable.

I do not see the issue here.
We have provided the Marriage Certificate which has her name at birth. Anyone in UKBA with > 0 IQ will be able to make a judgement without delay. (Hopefully)