ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child born in China

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xiaoqiaodan

child born in China

Post by xiaoqiaodan » Thu May 23, 2013 7:10 pm

If I was to have a child born in China, would this child increase the financial requirement? I am British, my wife is Chinese.

From the research I have done should be able to register the child birth and then get them a British passport and renounce the Chinese citizenship...

This should then keep the financial requirement at 18600 right?

Anyone got experience of this?

Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: child born in China

Post by Amber » Thu May 23, 2013 7:43 pm

xiaoqiaodan wrote:If I was to have a child born in China, would this child increase the financial requirement? I am British, my wife is Chinese.

From the research I have done should be able to register the child birth and then get them a British passport and renounce the Chinese citizenship...

This should then keep the financial requirement at 18600 right?

Anyone got experience of this?

Thanks
If you are British and born or naturalised in the uk your child will automagically be British when born abroad - British by descent. You will not need an additional amount under the financial requirement as the child will be British - you can apply for a British passport after birth.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.