ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife visa refusal appeal in Ghana

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

andreeaz
Newly Registered

My wife visa refusal appeal in Ghana

Post by andreeaz » Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm

My wife was refused UK spouse visa in Ghana last year November and she has addressed the reason for refusal and appealed to the AIT with her ECM review week to lapse come the 4th of June 2013,it is possible to get the refusal decision overturn at the Ghana embassy or I have heared all appeal cases in Ghana goes to hearing,how true is this and can my wife have her decision overturn without going to court??..Especially those who have have appealed or know someone case from the Ghana embassy please advice.appreciate your comment and thank you in an advance..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: My wife visa refusal appeal in Ghana

Post by Amber » Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 pm

andreeaz wrote:My wife was refused UK spouse visa in Ghana last year November and she has addressed the reason for refusal and appealed to the AIT with her ECM review week to lapse come the 4th of June 2013,it is possible to get the refusal decision overturn at the Ghana embassy or I have heared all appeal cases in Ghana goes to hearing,how true is this and can my wife have her decision overturn without going to court??..Especially those who have have appealed or know someone case from the Ghana embassy please advice.appreciate your comment and thank you in an advance..
Decisions can be overturned by a reconsideration/review of the case, the appeal would then lapse. If you sent in additional evidence and requested a reconsideration this can be done. However, if you have not received notice then the appeal will follow the tribunal immigration appeal regulations.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

dazzle

Post by dazzle » Fri May 24, 2013 7:14 am

My wife's visa application was refused from Ghana a couple of years ago. We successfully appealed it at the AIT.

Have you tried emailing Accra.Visa.Corr@fco.gov.uk and addressing it to the ECM? It probably won't help much, but you never know.

andreeaz
Newly Registered

Post by andreeaz » Fri May 24, 2013 1:15 pm

@D4109125
She was refused because of non submission of UK NARIC letter with her Uni degree certificate,as a refused spouse visa,we appealed the decision and the 19 weeks for review ends on the 4 th of June,I want to know if its possible to have the decision overturn at review in Ghana,or what I have heared all cases appealed in Ghana doesn't get overturn at review but are always sent to the AIT for consideration.I have read on this forum where a lot of similar cases got overturned at ECM review stage but theses were from other embassies and not Ghana..

@Dazzle
Thank you very much for the reply and help.I was hoping and believing the case get resolved at review and doesn't get to go to court,my wife was refused because she didn't add UK NARIC letter to her Uni degree certificate we were told to send our appeal to AIT,we did so and the tribunal contacted us that they have now sent our appeal bundle to Ghana for ECM to review and if we meet immigration rule the decision May be overturned and visa issued but if otherwise the bundle is now sent back again to AIT for hearing and consideration, our deadline for review is on 4th of June and we have not heared from them yet.I have been mailing them but have never gotten a reply from them ever..in Nigeria iv seen and read from their forum their Embassy gets refusal decision overturn but I have not seen any cases from Ghana get overturn during ECM review.I would be glad to hear from more individuals who ever appealed in Ghana and got decision overturned at reviews...cheers mates..

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 1:23 pm

andreeaz wrote:@D4109125
She was refused because of non submission of UK NARIC letter with her Uni degree certificate,as a refused spouse visa,we appealed the decision and the 19 weeks for review ends on the 4 th of June,I want to know if its possible to have the decision overturn at review in Ghana,or what I have heared all cases appealed in Ghana doesn't get overturn at review but are always sent to the AIT for consideration.I have read on this forum where a lot of similar cases got overturned at ECM review stage but theses were from other embassies and not Ghana..

@Dazzle
Thank you very much for the reply and help.I was hoping and believing the case get resolved at review and doesn't get to go to court,my wife was refused because she didn't add UK NARIC letter to her Uni degree certificate we were told to send our appeal to AIT,we did so and the tribunal contacted us that they have now sent our appeal bundle to Ghana for ECM to review and if we meet immigration rule the decision May be overturned and visa issued but if otherwise the bundle is now sent back again to AIT for hearing and consideration, our deadline for review is on 4th of June and we have not heared from them yet.I have been mailing them but have never gotten a reply from them ever..in Nigeria iv seen and read from their forum their Embassy gets refusal decision overturn but I have not seen any cases from Ghana get overturn during ECM review.I would be glad to hear from more individuals who ever appealed in Ghana and got decision overturned at reviews...cheers mates..
Did you send the NARIC letter and ask for a reconsideration?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

andreeaz
Newly Registered

Post by andreeaz » Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

We were given full right to appeal so we did and introduced the NARIC letter as an additional evidence as we had omitted it in our original application..the tribunal gave the Ghana embassy to review the UK NARIC letter n my wifes Uni degree certificate and if they satisfied we now meet the English requirement they overturn the refusal decision..

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:28 pm

andreeaz wrote:We were given full right to appeal so we did and introduced the NARIC letter as an additional evidence as we had omitted it in our original application..the tribunal gave the Ghana embassy to review the UK NARIC letter n my wifes Uni degree certificate and if they satisfied we now meet the English requirement they overturn the refusal decision..
If this is the only reason for refusal, I think the ECM should use his discretion to give your wife visa, my situation is even worse than yours, and during ECM review, he did gave my wife visa, because we submitted her notification of degree result which was refused, my wife had to take the EILTS exams after the spouse visa application was refused and I wrote in the appeal letter that her result was not available when her application was submitted. I wrote in the appeal letter that her result will be forwarded to ECM after 2 weeks. To my surprise, my wife received a call from BHC to come and submit her EILTS exam result which was accepted. After 10 weeks, she was called again to come and submit her passport and visa was granted, this is at BHC Ghana, just pray that God will touch ECM heart and rescind ECO decision and grant your wife visa, from your case here, you will be fine after submitting the NAIRC confirmation of her degree, this will not be counted as additional evidence, but further evidence. Good luck.

andreeaz
Newly Registered

Post by andreeaz » Fri May 24, 2013 8:56 pm

@johnj1
Wooow,so nice of you to reply and to know you actually applied and appealed in BHC Ghana makes me feel glad and believe its possible to have my wifes decision overturn at review stage in Ghana,,And yes that was the only reason for refusal.I was worried because a mate told me no case in BHC Ghana ever got overturned at review and it got to me so bad that after waiting for 17 weeks I began to feel anxious,thanks to you I can I feel at ease now,LOL and yet believing in God to do it for us.I greatly appreciate the help.We Will keep praying for God to touch the ECM heart and grant my wife her visa.its 17 weeks now and I do pray God Almighty settle our case for us..in Jesus Name..was glad to know your case is from BHC Ghana,,God bless you..cheers mate..