ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test validity

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

am1234

Life in the UK test validity

Post by am1234 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:05 am

Hi guys
I am due for ILR application in 6 months time.
I need to know when I can take life in the UK test? Is there any validity for life in the UK test?
Many Thanks

seanf
Newly Registered

Post by seanf » Wed May 15, 2013 11:54 am

The test is valid as long as you still have the results certificate to present with your application. I would recommend taking it as soon as possible so you have one less thing to worry about

Sean :)

am1234

Post by am1234 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:45 pm

[quote="seanf"]The test is valid as long as you still have the results certificate to present with your application. I would recommend taking it as soon as possible so you have one less thing to worry about

Thanks for clarifying Sean

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 pm

if you are applying after 28 of OCT 2013
it is advisable not to take it before than as there will be some changes after 28th of oct 2013

seanf
Newly Registered

Post by seanf » Wed May 22, 2013 12:27 am

maxwake wrote:... there will be some changes after 28th of oct 2013
As far as I am aware the only change is that you will also require an English qualification at B1 level or higher, there is no change to the Life in the UK test:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1
From 28 October 2013, there will be two parts to the knowledge of language and life requirement, both of which must be met by all applicants for settlement unless the individual is exempt. Applicants will be required to:

pass the Life in the UK test; and

to have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Thu May 23, 2013 9:25 pm

if some one has completed studied in UK and have completed up to the masters level still have to go take the test for english?

please help as mine settlement is due in six months

am1234

Post by am1234 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:05 am

[quote="maxwake"]if some one has completed studied in UK and have completed up to the masters level still have to go take the test for english?

please help as mine settlement is due in six months

I do not think you will need to take english laguage test however get it checked from points based calculator.
Anybody applying for ILR will have to complete life in the UK test.

Hope it helps