ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation case deffered for 18 months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

princecharming
Newly Registered

naturalisation case deffered for 18 months

Post by princecharming » Thu May 23, 2013 5:39 pm

hi folks, i applied for naturalisation back in 2011. ive been living here for over ten years since am 11 and i have gone though school and have lived in dublin for what is now the majority of my life so i was pretty confident my case would be granted. now as a teen(17) i got my first car and as i was foolish and irresponsible i was caught with no insurance and nct. went to court paid my fines and paid my dues.

i have been working and going to college since i left school so other than this blip i am not knwon to the guard but i received a response last month stating something along the lines of" we can see that ypu are now of good character and you have grown up but we need to see this for a further 18 months" now this is all well and good. but i have just become a dad 6months ago and was planning on taking my partner and son on holidays over the festive season so this has really dampened our plan.

i am just looking for some advice here if there is anything i can do to appeal this decision or is their decision final?

thank you all for your anticipated help

moro1

Post by moro1 » Thu May 23, 2013 6:36 pm

I understand your pain..i arrived to the country as a minor and lived half of my life here and still waiting..it's harder for us people who grew up here to wait for so long.
I assume you can do nothing apart from waiting but Wait and see what other members have to say

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: naturalisation case deffered for 18 months

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu May 23, 2013 9:03 pm

princecharming wrote:i got my first car and as i was foolish and irresponsible i was caught with no insurance and nct.
You should know that having no insurance and no nct is treated not just as a minor offense but a serious offense.

I hope you know that you are more than likely to be refused citizenship from the last government. No matter your condition now, there is still a light at the end of the tunnel. You are likely to be granted citizenship after 18months if you stay out of trouble, but what I cant comment on is the Minister in-charge at that time!.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

iluvireland

no insuence no nct

Post by iluvireland » Fri May 24, 2013 6:59 am

Friend of mine got second time after 2 years. First time he got refused in 2011.becos he did not mentioned his offence. Then he applied again in 2011. He got approved last 3 months ago.
Hope you will get soon.

princecharming
Newly Registered

Post by princecharming » Fri May 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Cheers for the reply. I sent them an email yesterday explaining my point of view. Got an email back this morning saying there's nothing I can do and il just have to wait.

So guess we won't be going on holidays after all this year!

C'est la vie I guess

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun May 26, 2013 9:00 pm

why you cant go on holidays? atleast you apply for visa.i