ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT - ILR granted at Cardiff

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinodt1347

Tier 2 ICT - ILR granted at Cardiff

Post by vinodt1347 » Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi,
Followed advice on forum. Provided
1. 5 years P60
2. 3 months payslips and bank statements
3. Letter from employer as per format with new SOC code supporting application.
4. Letter from employer for absence out of UK with reason
5. Life in UK test result

There was some confusion in section 5.5 - I have filled in new SOC code, my current salary, 40 hours per week, 52 x 40 hours total hours and total salary / 52 x 40 as hourly rate.

Got it approved in 1.5 hours no questions asked.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT - ILR granted at Cardiff

Post by Kevin24 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:07 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:Hi,
1. 5 years P60

There was some confusion in section 5.5 - I have filled in new SOC code, my current salary, 40 hours per week, 52 x 40 hours total hours and total salary / 52 x 40 as hourly rate.

Congratulations. Section 5.5- I also filled it with Actual figures.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

wordable

Post by wordable » Thu May 23, 2013 9:20 pm

Congratulations! :D :D :D Enjoy your ilr.

vickskul
Newly Registered

Post by vickskul » Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 am

Heartiest Congratulations Vinod1347. Enjoy !!!

I am in Tier2 ICT route and going for PEO appointment at Cardiff next week.
Would you mind sharing some experiences?
1. Regarding the confusion on salary - I believe since the salary is given per annum in code of practice, should the salary per hour be left blank? What is your opinion to avoid confusion?

2. I continue to receive salary/allowances in India while I'm in UK (which is perfectly valid case for ICT route I believe) ; so I am planning to take salary slips for allowances in India and indian bank statements ...do you think it will be good or bring confusion as they are probably looking for UK payslip / bank statement only?

3. How is the UKBA office and facilities experience? I am going with my spouse and 2 very young kids; so would be great if you can let me know your experience of the facilities...I see the office is nearby city center, so if they send us out for some time, I can go for lunch.

Would appreciate if you can respond asap.

Thanks a lot!

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:40 am

vickskul wrote:Heartiest Congratulations Vinod1347. Enjoy !!!

I am in Tier2 ICT route and going for PEO appointment at Cardiff next week.
Would you mind sharing some experiences?
1. Regarding the confusion on salary - I believe since the salary is given per annum in code of practice, should the salary per hour be left blank? What is your opinion to avoid confusion?

2. I continue to receive salary/allowances in India while I'm in UK (which is perfectly valid case for ICT route I believe) ; so I am planning to take salary slips for allowances in India and indian bank statements ...do you think it will be good or bring confusion as they are probably looking for UK payslip / bank statement only?

3. How is the UKBA office and facilities experience? I am going with my spouse and 2 very young kids; so would be great if you can let me know your experience of the facilities...I see the office is nearby city center, so if they send us out for some time, I can go for lunch.

Would appreciate if you can respond asap.

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

I think UKBA are fairly flexible on what you fill in. I filled in per hour by taking total salary/total hours. If you are not given a hourly rate then you can leave it blank I think.
If your pay in UK (in GBP) is on par with the code of practice just put the UK pay is what I would suggest. If you are showing your Indian salary you may need to show the IT returns also etc etc.. All this will confuse the issue. And the idea of this is to see if you are getting paid enough in UK not what you get in India..
The facilities inside the office are ok but basic - toilets, seats etc. They will take your payment, biometrics and let you go out for some time. I had a tuff time standing outside for 30 mins in the cold and rain before I went to a nearby restaurant and had a long meal . So suggest you go to some good restaurant or mall etc and plan to be there for around 2 hours as you have kids.

By the way for my wife and kids I will apply by post. Reduces expenses by about 800 pounds.
Rgds
Vinod

vickskul
Newly Registered

Post by vickskul » Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks Vinod for the prompt response. Any good restaurant nearby you would like to suggest for family?

That's good idea to apply by post for family to save cost - but does it come quickly as i heard it takes months even for dependents? Of course its personal choice depending on your travel plan etc..

vinodt1347

Post by vinodt1347 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:02 am

vickskul wrote:Thanks Vinod for the prompt response. Any good restaurant nearby you would like to suggest for family?

That's good idea to apply by post for family to save cost - but does it come quickly as i heard it takes months even for dependents? Of course its personal choice depending on your travel plan etc..
What I did was

As you turn come out of the building turn left - there is a cofee shop - had a cup of coffee here. Further down the road on the junction turn left keep walking there are quite a few restaurants on this road. Had couple of dosas, a toast and another cup of tea. As you see UKBA is promoting Cardiff as a tourist attraction. If its sunny you can go to the beach!! but yesterday weather was bad bad..

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Just a small comment, if you are going to Cardiff with Kids have proper arrangements to spend few hours. When I went in Jan it took them more than 5 hours to get a decision due to a IT failure. We ended up spending time in a nearby shopping mall. But as suggested if the weather is good you can go to the beach as well, if the weather is rainy and cold (as it was when I went) the experience of waiting was not great.

Rgds,
MP

vickskul
Newly Registered

Post by vickskul » Fri May 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi MP & Vinod
Thanks for your tips. One question on payment process at Cardiff.

I found on UKBA website there is a separate form to send payment at Cardiff; whereas I will be paying on the same day using debit card. So, in that case, do I have to fill that separate payment form and if yes, which one as I found multiple forms.

Thanks very much once again.

onabanjo

Re: Tier 2 ICT - ILR granted at Cardiff

Post by onabanjo » Fri May 24, 2013 11:56 pm

vinodt1347 wrote:Hi,
1. 5 years P60

Congratulations.Enjoy your ILR :D
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.