ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization and claiming benefits and points on driving l

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robakles
Newly Registered

Naturalization and claiming benefits and points on driving l

Post by robakles » Fri May 24, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi all, I need some advice, i can apply for naturaliz. in december 2013 , first 5 years i didnt claim any benefits , in december 2012 my son was born, my wife stopped working , and i started getting housing benefit in january, about 65 pounds a week, wife gets child benefit, and we got 200 pounds annual discount on council tax, i earn about 1800-1900 pounds a month in hand , will it disqualify me??? also i have 6 points on my licence , 3 points twice for minor speeding (fixed penalty) which occured 14 months ago. what are my chances?? pls help, i cant find the answer anywhere , i have permanent residency card as well ( ILR - that blue book) and I'm eea national (polish)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization and claiming benefits and points on drivi

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 pm

robakles wrote:Hi all, I need some advice, i can apply for naturaliz. in december 2013 , first 5 years i didnt claim any benefits , in december 2012 my son was born, my wife stopped working , and i started getting housing benefit in january, about 65 pounds a week, wife gets child benefit, and we got 200 pounds annual discount on council tax, i earn about 1800-1900 pounds a month in hand , will it disqualify me??? also i have 6 points on my licence , 3 points twice for minor speeding (fixed penalty) which occured 14 months ago. what are my chances?? pls help, i cant find the answer anywhere , i have permanent residency card as well ( ILR - that blue book) and I'm eea national (polish)
You should have no issues providing you meet the standard requirements. The FPN would pose no issue unless contested at Court or if you receive more than one in the last 12 months. The benefits and unemployment are immaterial. I assume your wife is not a British Citizen?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:37 pm

What do you mean by "I earn about 1800-1900 pounds a month in hand"? Are you registered self employed and do you declare your monthly wages to HMRC? If you do not then this may well be an issue when you come to naturalise.

I do not think that legitimately claiming benefits is of any relevance.

I cannot comment on your driving offence as I have no clue.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Plum70 wrote:What do you mean by "I earn about 1800-1900 pounds a month in hand"? Are you registered self employed and do you declare your monthly wages to HMRC? If you do not then this may well be an issue when you come to naturalise.

I do not think that legitimately claiming benefits is of any relevance.

I cannot comment on your driving offence as I have no clue.
I took it to mean he earns £1800-1900 Net per month. Although, the housing benefit may be a bit high given the income.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

robakles
Newly Registered

naturalization

Post by robakles » Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm

sorry, i'll explain, i earn 1700 net, plus 200 petrol money , which is employers expense and that doesnt count towards my benefits , my wife's also polish but came 3 years ago so no resident, but my son is british , he was born when i had permanent residency status

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: naturalization

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 1:50 pm

robakles wrote:sorry, i'll explain, i earn 1700 net, plus 200 petrol money , which is employers expense and that doesnt count towards my benefits , my wife's also polish but came 3 years ago so no resident, but my son is british , he was born when i had permanent residency status
Then as I posted previously.