ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waitingcitizen

Post by waitingcitizen » Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 pm

I received my application yesterday. Anyone knows, will I make it in July ceremony.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm

exam wrote:Dear All:

My friend applied in Sept 2011, today he got the following response via email, how you guys interpret it:

"Dear Zxxxx,

You should receive a letter soon in regard to the status of your
application.

Kind regards."

Previously he was getting the reply like, Garda /out side reports etc etc. I think its about advance stage or about approval, what do u guys reckon!

Many thanks
I cant day if its an approval letter, but I reckon its a decision letter!. You friend will get a letter of intent or otherwise soon
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 pm

moro1 wrote:My mum who applied August"12 got her approval, she has to send her gnbi card now.

Can she still go away for a week? She booked her flights, would she cancel the trip or just travel without the card
She can travel without the card as long as she has a re-entry visa. She should also take a copy of approval letter with her whlist traveling.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri May 24, 2013 6:57 pm

waitingcitizen wrote:I received my application yesterday. Anyone knows, will I make it in July ceremony.
You may or may not depending on the number of ceremony attendants.

exam

Post by exam » Fri May 24, 2013 8:00 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:

My friend applied in Sept 2011, today he got the following response via email, how you guys interpret it:

"Dear Zxxxx,

application.

Kind regards."

Previously he was getting the reply like, Garda /out side reports etc etc. I think its about advance stage or about approval, what do u guys reckon!

Many thanks
I cant day if its an approval letter, but I reckon its a decision letter!. You friend will get a letter of intent or otherwise soon
Many thanks IntegratedMigrant, much appreciated.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:My mum who applied August"12 got her approval, she has to send her gnbi card now.

Can she still go away for a week? She booked her flights, would she cancel the trip or just travel without the card
She can travel without the card as long as she has a re-entry visa. She should also take a copy of approval letter with her whlist traveling.
Thanks man

assbc

Finally got approval today

Post by assbc » Fri May 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Hi all,
today i finally got my approval letter, applied Mid of May 2012 base on marriage to an Irish, they have been telling me waiting for garda clearance whenever i email them. But to my surprise today i got a letter but no date yet.Thanks all

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Post by sun_in_rome » Fri May 24, 2013 8:25 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
waitingcitizen wrote:I received my application yesterday. Anyone knows, will I make it in July ceremony.
You may or may not depending on the number of ceremony attendants.

I received letter today aswell to send €950 and Garada card. when is next ceremony??? do any one know????? June or July? :?: :?: :?:

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I cant believe it!! My partner got his approval letter today as well!! (he has applied at the end of July 2012). Just 3 weeks ago or so we emails inis and the answer he got was "checking good character etc". So I see now that the respond by email is not always correct.
We had already finished hoping for an approval this year and suddenly its there. Still in shock though. :D

kira83
Newly Registered

Post by kira83 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:36 pm

Congratulations to all who got approved recently and googd luck to everyone still waiting. My partners waiting time was nearly 10 month.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:37 pm

How can you tell which stage your application is at? I applied like 18 months ago and it still seems like it's in the first stage to me! seriously getting frustrated now :(

ozindublin
Newly Registered

Post by ozindublin » Fri May 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Received my approval today! Cant believe it.

My timeline to approval is below:

Applied: 30 June 2012
Acknowledgment: 12 July 2012 - advised proceeded to 2nd stage
Approval: 24 May 2013

I emailed INIS on 30 April and was advised my application was at an advanced stage and that all outside agency reports had been received and that it would be submitted to the Minister as soon as possible.
Only yesterday I phoned for an update as to whether it had been submitted to the Minister for decision. I was told that my application was still being processed with a view to determining whether it met all the conditions etc etc etc.

All I can say to all who are still waiting is that take updates provided by INIS with a grain of salt... it seems their responses are just standard and not a reflection of what stage your application is really at! It really depends on the person you get. Just keep emailing them for an update at least once a month!!

Thanks to everyone on this forum as you have kept me sane and most of all kept me updated with your experiences. Dont be disheartened if you have not received approval yet... your day WILL come!!
Last edited by ozindublin on Fri May 24, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Angel592 wrote:How can you tell which stage your application is at? I applied like 18 months ago and it still seems like it's in the first stage to me! seriously getting frustrated now :(
Hi,I am still waiting too after a year and half! My mum go hers in 8 months
It's either the fact that us who applied around Dec2011 Jan12 are delayed for some reason or the fact that we arrived as minors had an effect( you know the whole hassle of getting stamp2 and then stamp4 and having to send parents documents with our application)Or they want us to keep paying them college fees :D
I called them yesterday and was told they are waiting for Garda report before they submit it to the minister. She told mr they sent it with few hundred of them and they still there

We just have to wait really ..

eternitate1903

Post by eternitate1903 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Angel592 wrote:How can you tell which stage your application is at? I applied like 18 months ago and it still seems like it's in the first stage to me! seriously getting frustrated now :(
That's interesting, some people just get acknowledgement and some people get both acknowledgement and information that application proceeded to second stage. I have friends who applied at the same time, 2 of them got both ack. and proceeded to 2nd stage; 1 got only ack. All three got approvals at the same time. Just wondering what the difference is. I also got only acknowledgement 1 month ago. Is there anyone who knows the difference. Should people who only get ack. worry about something? Btw I'm not talking about myself, it's just been 2 months for me since I applied, I don't have any right to complain at the moment :)

exam

Post by exam » Sat May 25, 2013 12:09 am

IntegratedMigrant wrote:

"Dear Zxxxx,

application.

Kind regards."

Many thanks
Just got a call from my friend, he got a letter from inis, directing him to pay 950. Thanks IntegratedMigrant

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:44 pm

hi there,i m waiting from 24 months..i applied in may2011 ...last week i got reply of email....that they are checking my character ...anybody knw wat stage is my application.?
its really making me upset when i see other ppl getting approval after 12-18 months.....

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Sat May 25, 2013 3:20 pm

bepositive89 wrote:

hi there,i m waiting from 24 months..i applied in may2011 ...last week i got reply of email....that they are checking my character ...anybody knw wat stage is my application.?
its really making me upset when i see other ppl getting approval after 12-18 months.....
be positive man i will suggest calling garda vetting office and ask for ur report

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Sat May 25, 2013 3:48 pm

Dochtúir wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:

be positive man i will suggest calling garda vetting office and ask for ur report
thx for reply..do u know gards vetting office number...?

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm

just a question..i sent email to cityzenship on 5 may2013 and the same i got same answer .......we are checking ur character....etc etc...
Can i write them again today?becz i m very upset about my application delaying on delaying ......

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 25, 2013 4:59 pm

bepositive89 wrote:just a question..i sent email to cityzenship on 5 may2013 and the same i got same answer .......we are checking ur character....etc etc...
Can i write them again today?becz i m very upset about my application delaying on delaying ......
Yes you could write them today if it makes you feel better. After today I suggest you email them once every month instead.

bepositive89

Post by bepositive89 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:03 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:just a question..i sent email to cityzenship on 5 may2013 and the same i got same answer .......we are checking ur character....etc etc...
Yes you could write them today if it makes you feel better. After today I suggest you email them once every month instead.
Thx very much for reply and suggestion...

immigrant411

Post by immigrant411 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:12 pm

bepositive89 wrote:
Dochtúir wrote:
bepositive89 wrote:

thx for reply..do u know gards vetting office number...?
Is it realy a good idea to call garda vetting office ?? has anyone tried it before??

dania

Post by dania » Sat May 25, 2013 5:22 pm

bepositive89 wrote:

what about me I am waiting since april2010 and every time I ask they give same answer waiting for Garda report,so that's how the ugly system works in this country. :(
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

Dochtúir
Newly Registered

Post by Dochtúir » Sat May 25, 2013 5:50 pm

i have called them on several occasion and found very helpful u can call them very easily so i would suggest bring this issue up.
Dear friends there is no system in inis on last tuesday they told me they are waiting for garda vetting then thursday they told me they waiting for minister decision and on this friday i got my approval so u can see the system can change within a week.in my opinion ppl on phne or answering email have no new news for anyone they give generic answers but believe me fight for ur right they will surrender

dania

Post by dania » Sat May 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Dochtúir wrote:i have called them on several occasion and found very helpful u can call them very easily so i would suggest bring this issue up.
Dear friends there is no system in inis on last tuesday they told me they are waiting for garda vetting then thursday they told me they waiting for minister decision and on this friday i got my approval so u can see the system can change within a week.in my opinion ppl on phne or answering email have no new news for anyone they give generic answers but believe me fight for ur right they will surrender
oh my god ,I can't. Believe how this whole inis department is working , this whole department is a big mess and we have to clean this system with our tears :cry:
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]