ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa holder continue to work..?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Can a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa holder continue to work..?

Post by gbhasha » Fri May 24, 2013 1:28 am

I am currently transfered to UK for my project work. My wife also stays with me, who has Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. Both our visas will expire on mid of May 2016. My wife is currently looking for a job (as she has no restriction to work under this visa).

If I return to my home country after spending 9+ months in UK, [b]can my wife continue to work in UK under the same visa until it expires?[/b]

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Can a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa holder continue to work.

Post by PaperPusher » Fri May 24, 2013 2:33 am

gbhasha wrote:I am currently transfered to UK for my project work. My wife also stays with me, who has Tier 2 ICT dependent visa. Both our visas will expire on mid of May 2016. My wife is currently looking for a job (as she has no restriction to work under this visa).

If I return to my home country after spending 9+ months in UK, can my wife continue to work in UK under the same visa until it expires?
Short answer is NO

Long answer. Your employer must notify UKBA that your employment in the UK has ended and then both you and your wife's visas should be curtailed at some point. If she leaves the UK and then returns to the UK when you are no longer working in the UK then she must tell immigration that you no longer work or live in the UK, and then she won't get in to the UK. If she doesn't tell UKBA then she will be in the UK illegally despite what the visa says. This is because she enters the UK on the basis of being a dependent of a Tier 2 migrant, when she actually is not. Not saying something important and relevant is the same as lying, still deception.

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Post by gbhasha » Fri May 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you @PaperPusher.

Some IF cases here...

1. If I am leaving UK after 9 months, can she work few more months(say 3 months) and leave UK after her 12 months?

2. If my employer doesn't notify UKBA about my return to home as I may come for another project after few more months(because my employment is not end at this stage), can she continue her work until her visa expires(she is not retuning in between to home country).??

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat May 25, 2013 12:08 am

The sponsors must also notify UKBA within ten days if your place of work in the UK changes.

If they don't then every single person they have as aTier 2 migrant has their employment and visa in the UK at risk.

Ever wondered why routes close and tighten?

You also would not be able to see your wife for almost three years, because you won't be able to use your Tier 2 ICT visa if you are no longer working in the UK. What if she has an accident?

gbhasha
Newly Registered

Post by gbhasha » Sat May 25, 2013 1:48 am

PaperPusher wrote:
You also would not be able to see your wife for almost three years, because you won't be able to use your Tier 2 ICT visa if you are no longer working in the UK. What if she has an accident?
Ok, Lets not talk about 3 years now. I just asked to know what is the catch the UKBA has in the place. My actual intention is to know whether she can she work (or stay) 1 or 2 months after me leaving the country?