ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hi all

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

es2013
United Kingdom

hi all

Post by es2013 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:41 pm

congrats to all who have been successful.

My Situation is am an overstayer who wants to regularise my stay, i have got a british partner and a baby due in a months time. We are not married. To ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE APPLIED IN MY SITUATION, what kind of documentation did you put together? Did you all use a solicitor? Was planning to look for enough evidence and all paperwork myself as i cant afford solicitor fees. I know my case is complex but i dont have £950 + application fee, is too much of a strain on my partner as hes the only one with a job.
HELP PLEASE! AM DESPERATE AND EXHAUSTED
:cry:
Good luck to all those waiting for a response from HO X

cookies
Scotland

Re: hi all

Post by cookies » Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 pm

es2013 wrote:congrats to all who have been successful.

My Situation is am an overstayer who wants to regularise my stay, i have got a british partner and a baby due in a months time. We are not married. To ANY OF YOU WHO HAVE APPLIED IN MY SITUATION, what kind of documentation did you put together? Did you all use a solicitor? Was planning to look for enough evidence and all paperwork myself as i cant afford solicitor fees. I know my case is complex but i dont have £950 + application fee, is too much of a strain on my partner as hes the only one with a job.
HELP PLEASE! AM DESPERATE AND EXHAUSTED
:cry:
Good luck to all those waiting for a response from HO X
Hi Es2013! I would invite you to post your question here, you will definitely get some support and advice from ppl in your same or similar situation! See you there!
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 794#847794
FLR(FP) Extension
App sent: July 2021
Biometrics August 2021
Decision: 14 July 2022
Final extension before irl

ijamesf

Post by ijamesf » Sat May 25, 2013 1:30 am

The general rules for a spouse VISA is to apply from your home/resident country.

Under a spouse VISA application your overstay should be disregarded so long as you and your sponsor meet the requirements.

My wife and I recently applied, albeit no baby on the way, from her home country, she had also previously overstayed.

We were truthful in our application and put together all the documents ourselves. A lawyer was not required, however you may need one if you choose to apply from the UK, if thats possible.