ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC! PREGNANT!! Approval will expire before baby’s arrival

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Settled
Newly Registered

EC! PREGNANT!! Approval will expire before baby’s arrival

Post by Settled » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:46 pm

Please advise me,
I got HSMP approval :D which will expire in August (6th Month after it was issued). Hence I need to apply for entry clearance June.
But the issue is that my wife is Pregnant and she will be due in September. :D
I need to apply for EC in June (before she delivers), but am concerned about the baby’s EC process.
Will my baby be issued EC after since my wife and I would get EC around June while the baby is due in September( when the Approval must have expired)? What should I do to take care of the process?
PLEASE ADVISE ME!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:00 pm

When are you intending to come to the UK? After the birth of the baby? If so why not just you apply for your EC in say June, and then following the birth the baby, apply for ECs for your wife and child?

I make this suggestion based upon the fact that it appears that your wife is going nowhere after you get your EC, and before the birth of the baby.

Or are you and your wife intending to move to the UK prior to the birth?
John

Settled
Newly Registered

EC! PREGNANT!! Approval would expire before baby's arrival

Post by Settled » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 am

Hi John,
Thanks for your suggestions. To answer your question, I intend to travel after the birth of the baby(Sept), while my wife and baby will join me latter.
As you suggested if I apply say June, and my wife and baby apply after me, say September (baby must have arrived by then).
Am concerned about the following issues that may arise
A) This means I will apply alone in June, and I have read on this forum where someone was refused EC because he applied without his family. The EC officer assumed that the applicant does not intend to relocate finally.(i.e. make UK his home)
B) Even if am given EC in June, and my wife and baby applies say September. The HSMP approval would have expired by then, hope this would not lead to EC refusal for both of them?

olumighty
Newly Registered

Post by olumighty » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:14 am

You can state clearly your reason for applying alone and promising to have your family join you there after. As for the expiration of the HSMP letter, it does not follow since your family will be appying as your dependant. All they will need then is an evidence that you have theHSMP visa and some supporting documnets that you can take care of them when they relocate i.e accomodation and finances

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:17 am

Settled, I concur with everything written by olumighty.
John

Settled
Newly Registered

Post by Settled » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:51 pm

THANKS A MIILION
I think this suggestion looks very promising,
I will keep you updated on how things unfold.
Thanks