ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PAYE and Self-employed at the same time

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nirmal_kishore

PAYE and Self-employed at the same time

Post by nirmal_kishore » Fri May 24, 2013 1:23 am

Hello
I plan to submit my AN1 form tomorrow and had a query about self-employed vs PAYE. I understand that I don't need to provide any additional documents if I am on PAYE, but in my case I am both PAYE and self-employed at the same time. I have been registered as Self-employed around 2 months ago but a statement isn't due until early next-year. I continue to be on PAYE as the director of my Ltd company as well.

Does anyone know what I should tick under the 'Good Character Requirement' page (page 9 of AN1, section 3.2)? Should I tick against both? The issue I've got with ticking both is that I only had to register for self-assessment last week and haven't got a self-assessment statement as such. I don't expect one soon either.

any advice much appreciated

cheers
Nirmal

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PAYE and Self-employed at the same time

Post by Amber » Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 am

nirmal_kishore wrote:Hello
I plan to submit my AN1 form tomorrow and had a query about self-employed vs PAYE. I understand that I don't need to provide any additional documents if I am on PAYE, but in my case I am both PAYE and self-employed at the same time. I have been registered as Self-employed around 2 months ago but a statement isn't due until early next-year. I continue to be on PAYE as the director of my Ltd company as well.

Does anyone know what I should tick under the 'Good Character Requirement' page (page 9 of AN1, section 3.2)? Should I tick against both? The issue I've got with ticking both is that I only had to register for self-assessment last week and haven't got a self-assessment statement as such. I don't expect one soon either.

cheers
Nirmal
You can select both and just write in the extra information box that in addition to your PAYE you have started a new business but there are no Statements of Accounts yet as the business is only 2 months old. That should suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nirmal_kishore

thanks

Post by nirmal_kishore » Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 am

thanks Amber

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 pm

you might just need to declare as you are employee, not required to declare as you are self employed. If your main source if income is from PAYE at this moment, you can just declare one. (PAYE).
I have been both self employed and on PAYE from another company for almost 3 years. But my main source of income was from PAYE. When I went to NCS, they told me it is fine if you just declare that you are on PAYE and mention your employer name. That's what i did.

nirmal_kishore

thanks

Post by nirmal_kishore » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Hey Sagar
Sorry just seeing this reply. thanks for that.

rgds
Nirmal

teawithlemon

Post by teawithlemon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:22 pm

nirmal_kishore wrote:Hello

cheers
Nirmal
Provide your main job