ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

?Spousal visa financial requirement of £18,600 reduced etc.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zebrudaya

?Spousal visa financial requirement of £18,600 reduced etc.

Post by Zebrudaya » Sat May 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Please I need some clarification about the position of things about the financial requirement. I was told recently that following protests, the UKBA had been forced to reduce the financial requirement of a sponsor for a spousal visa from the £18,600 it was originally to some more reasonable amount. Please seniors and other members, kindly confirm if there is any truth in the rumour. Also kindly say if there is any move by interested parties to get the UKBA to rescind the financial requirement.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:55 pm

If there is any truth in the reduction rumour - it's the first I've heard of it - and you'd expect a board like this to be on that story pretty quickly.

There are plenty of groups trying to get the financial requirements reduced and removed - but there has been no success so far.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ?Spousal visa financial requirement of £18,600 reduced e

Post by Amber » Sat May 25, 2013 7:28 pm

Zebrudaya wrote:Please I need some clarification about the position of things about the financial requirement. I was told recently that following protests, the UKBA had been forced to reduce the financial requirement of a sponsor for a spousal visa from the £18,600 it was originally to some more reasonable amount. Please seniors and other members, kindly confirm if there is any truth in the rumour. Also kindly say if there is any move by interested parties to get the UKBA to rescind the financial requirement.
No, in fact, Ms May seems to be awfully proud of 'reducing' migrant figures. The current financial requirements remains the same.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Zebrudaya

Post by Zebrudaya » Sat May 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Thank you MPH 80 and D4109125 for your prompt replies. I keep my ears open for any development because the financial requirement had proved a major hurdle for many people who genuinely wanted to be with their partners in UK.

Khan86
Newly Registered

Post by Khan86 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:37 pm Post subject: Flr m
Hi
I am silent reader of this board from long time.
Now I need help from you
I got my ilr on the basis of ten years. I applied 2/8/12 and get it on 16/3/13.
During this time my wife who was a student dependent she applied on 18/12/12 for her visa flr m.she came here in oct 2009 she extend her visa from London in aug 2010 then she get back home for 8 months and join me again in dec 2011.
My wife she got refusal letter on 24/5/13.
Objection on her flr m is that we didn't show financial requirements.
While I read on this board that in my case I don't need to show financial requirements 7.A.
Now last date for appeal is 7 June
Please boys give me advice which option is good for me. I am already suffered too much.
Damanisshallo please advice
Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon May 27, 2013 7:16 am

Khan86 wrote:Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:37 pm Post subject: Flr m
Hi
I am silent reader of this board from long time.
Now I need help from you
I got my ilr on the basis of ten years. I applied 2/8/12 and get it on 16/3/13.
During this time my wife who was a student dependent she applied on 18/12/12 for her visa flr m.she came here in oct 2009 she extend her visa from London in aug 2010 then she get back home for 8 months and join me again in dec 2011.
My wife she got refusal letter on 24/5/13.
Objection on her flr m is that we didn't show financial requirements.
While I read on this board that in my case I don't need to show financial requirements 7.A.
Now last date for appeal is 7 June
Please boys give me advice which option is good for me. I am already suffered too much.
Damanisshallo please advice
Regards
You should appeal the decision in writing. Tell them that your spouse is protected by the transitional protection and that she is applying under the pre July 2012 rules and thus only has to have adequate maintenance rather than the new financial requirement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon May 27, 2013 7:50 am

Khan86, please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 am

Zebrudaya wrote:Dear Gurus and other seniors

Please I need your help on this matter. In UKBA publication under the heading "Set 03 - Spouses" and under the sub-heading Set 3.3, "How do spouses qualify?", Immigration Rules paragraphs 277-289, It stated thus: "The couple has been married for at least 4 years and living together outside the UK during that time".

Now my question is this: Does the above statement from the UKBA mean that someone from UK who goes overseas and marries a new bride must wait for 4 years after the marriage before she qualifies for a spouse visa to join him in UK? Surely there must be allowance for people who are settled in the UK ( British passport holders/ILR ) who go overseas, genuinely fall in love and marry, meet with all the spousal conditions like £18,600 salary of sponsor, adequate housing, English language requirements etc to bring in their spouses as soon as they are ready.

Kindly reply and confirm if a settled person can bring in his wife/husband as soon as they "qualify" and not having to wait for 4 years.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 am

That rule is obsolete and was for ILE. You can apply once married.

Zebrudaya

Re: Can a newly married spouse get a spose visa?

Post by Zebrudaya » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:10 pm

Dear Amber

Thank you for your illuminating reply.