ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk citizenship

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunshine55
Newly Registered

uk citizenship

Post by sunshine55 » Sat May 25, 2013 7:46 pm

hello

how are you all
i want to know that what is biometrics
and second question is that suppose if we get
tier 1 entrepreneur visa and during that visa period in uk if
we gave birth to a child will this child will be uk citizen
and will this child will get uk passport.

Thanks and Regards

my_friend

Re: uk citizenship

Post by my_friend » Sat May 25, 2013 8:04 pm

sunshine55 wrote:hello

how are you all

Thanks and Regards
biometrics is your digital fascial image and finger prints...all ur record of immigration is stored in it...

no the child does not get a uk passport by birth.......

sunshine55
Newly Registered

Re: uk citizenship

Post by sunshine55 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:18 pm

when will this child get passport

but in canada it happens

my_friend wrote:
sunshine55 wrote:hello

how are you all

Thanks and Regards
biometrics is your digital fascial image and finger prints...all ur record of immigration is stored in it...

no the child does not get a uk passport by birth.......

nils

uk citizenship

Post by nils » Sat May 25, 2013 8:34 pm

you are not talking about t1 Ent visa. you are after citizenship. Which is not gone be satisfied in this category unless you have read policies gud and understanding of T1 ent visa.

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Each country has different immigration rules. The child would not be entitled to become a British citizen. Unlike Canada or the USA, a child born in the UK does NOT acquire British nationality automatically. For the child to become a British citizen, one of the parents would need to hold ILR (PR) or become a British citizen.

If you had a child, you would need to apply for a passport from your country of origin and apply for a dependent visa for the baby.

I have also noticed that you have been asking in other posts if you could claim benefits if the visa you are after is granted. Just to clarify, you are NOT entitled to receive any benefits.

You would be able to access Health and Education ( for under 16s) services but you are not entitled to claim any benefits.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 25, 2013 9:56 pm

you are NOT entitled to receive any benefits.
A common error to confuse "benefits" and "Public Funds". So what you post is not true.

"Public Funds" are defined in para 6 of the Immigration Rules, and the definition certainly does not include all types of benefits. For example no maternity-related benefits are within the definition, nor are any contribution-based benefits.
John

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Sat May 25, 2013 10:04 pm

John wrote:
you are NOT entitled to receive any benefits.
A common error to confuse "benefits" and "Public Funds". So what you post is not true.

"Public Funds" are defined in para 6 of the Immigration Rules, and the definition certainly does not include all types of benefits. For example no maternity-related benefits are within the definition, nor are any contribution-based benefits.
You are right. I should have used the term 'public funds' instead of 'benefits'. Thanks for clarifying. 8)

I think, however, that my explanation about: the child not being allowed to get automatic citizenship and entitlement to access health/education education, is true; isn't it?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat May 25, 2013 10:19 pm

The child will only be British from the moment of birth if one or both parents are British or have "settled status" such as ILR.

"entitlement to access health/education education"? None of that is within the definition of Public Funds.
John

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Sat May 25, 2013 10:22 pm

John wrote:The child will only be British from the moment of birth if one or both parents are British or have "settled status" such as ILR.

"entitlement to access health/education education"? None of that is within the definition of Public Funds.
Yep, that's my understanding. I have met many people who think that the UK immigration rules are the same as those ones in the USA, Australia or Canada.

Many thanks again.